Author Topic: SNYDER AND CLOSE CONFIDANTS: JOHN CURRIE PROMOTION RELATED THREAD  (Read 21833 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

I love his facilities expansion.  Love it.  I am very grateful for those efforts.

I am concerned about his over zealous approach to compliance.  I my opinion, it comes from his desire to have a clean record when he moves on (he apparently believes that this will help him), which I believe to be coming at the cost of our teams. 

A "lifer" AD does not behave that way.  Look no further than Bob Fedricks or Lew Perkins.  No rough ridin' way the find a receipt in the trash can, or take away a rercruiter's cell phone.   Those guys each had a National Championship on their watch, and one built up a football program whilst increasing donations eleventy billion percent.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:00:25 AM by Pete »

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
maybe the Jamie Vaughn receipt sting operation was not done at Currie's request?  seems like cc's implying that Vaugn worked on his own.  ultimately whoever hired that dumbass has no room to say he was working on his own.  It's your rough ridin' job to oversee your employees and hire the right people.  I mean, the guy got Mike Leach, the greatest thing to ever happen to TTech, fired and then we hire him?  How the eff does that make sense?  Whatever, admit you mumped up on your overseeing of your employees and don't do crap like that again while making my sports teams good.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I find it really odd that cc said all of the currie talk has kept him off the board, yet he chooses to return out of the blue to rebut the first fire john currie thread title in months.

Consider that excuse debunked.  Nevertheless, cc you are always welcome and all things considered should probably be #1 pi victim of goEMAW.

I have always said that I post to keep things from going off the rails. Felt that the original post was headed that way. I don't feel the need to jump into the constant currie and weber bashing, i've made my thoughts clear on both I think. I'll jump in when things become inaccurate.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I find it really odd that cc said all of the currie talk has kept him off the board, yet he chooses to return out of the blue to rebut the first fire john currie thread title in months.

Consider that excuse debunked.  Nevertheless, cc you are always welcome and all things considered should probably be #1 pi victim of goEMAW.

I have always said that I post to keep things from going off the rails. Felt that the original post was headed that way. I don't feel the need to jump into the constant currie and weber bashing, i've made my thoughts clear on both I think. I'll jump in when things become inaccurate.

OR TO TELL US STUFF NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT YET!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I have heard many accounts from people who have spoken directly to coaches of programs across the athletic department spectrum, and my "take away" is that Currie is universally disliked (and hated by some).

Again, I can't say whether that is good or bad for KSU....can be hard to tell. 

More, and more of this is coming out all the time.  And you can bet that there will be much more very soon.  There have been quite a few people leave the "KSU" umbrella of silence lately...

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

I love his facilities expansion.  Love it.  I am very grateful for those efforts.

I am concerned about his over zealous approach to compliance.  I my opinion, it comes from his desire to have a clean record when he moves on (he apparently believes that this will help him), which I believe to be coming at the cost of our teams. 

A "lifer" AD does not behave that way.  Look no further than Bob Fedricks or Lew Perkins.  No rough ridin' way the find a receipt in the trash can, or take away a rercruiter's cell phone.   Those guys each had a National Championship on their watch, and one built up a football program whilst increasing donations eleventy billion percent.

The compliance talking point is just baffling to me.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Me too.  I wonder why the most powerful coaches on campus feel this way.   :confused:

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
More, and more of this is coming out all the time.

Where has it "come out"?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
It's very common to micromanage when you're first put into a position of authority where you're overseeing others.  This isn't JC's first gig where he had oversite, but it's the first time he's been the main guy.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear mistakes were made.  I'd also be surprised if we hired someone who didn't make some mistakes.  Look at the big picture.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Me too.  I wonder why the most powerful coaches on campus feel this way.   :confused:

Have you talked to the "powerful coaches" directly?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
cc-

frank was more/less forced out or left completely on his own?
snyder tried to go above currie and start dealing directly with schulz about certain things?

cc, thoughts on any of the above/below...

-someone close to frank says that it wasn't up to frank as to whether or not he had the opportunity to keep coaching at kstate.
-someone has said that bill got so fed up with currie that he attempted to bypass him by going straight to schulz.
-also any opinions on why our own school has been hell bent on getting basketball players in trouble/kicked off. particulary in regards to curtis when the athletic dept was more/less begging the commitee to not let curt back on the team.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's very common to micromanage when you're first put into a position of authority where you're overseeing others.  This isn't JC's first gig where he had oversite, but it's the first time he's been the main guy.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear mistakes were made.  I'd also be surprised if we hired someone who didn't make some mistakes.  Look at the big picture.

No question.

Lew screwed up a bunch at KU, obviously.  I still admire him a great deal for his other accomplishments.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Please see Rick Daris' posts...tia

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I think you know how this works.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
cc-

snyder tried to go above currie and start dealing directly with schulz about certain things?

-someone close to frank says that it wasn't up to frank as to whether or not he had the opportunity to keep coaching at kstate.
-someone has said that bill got so fed up with currie that he attempted to bypass him by going straight to schulz.
-also any opinions on why our compliance dept has been hell bent on getting basketball players in trouble/kicked off. particulary in regards to curtis when the athletic dept was more/less begging the commitee to not let curt back on the team.

- complicated situation, not as simple as saying he was forced out. Blame on both sides.
- do not think it was specifically JC related from what I know
- disagree that compliance looks for ways to get kids in trouble. Curt stuff I'll just say was a merging of several issues at once.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
cc-

-also any opinions on why our compliance dept has been hell bent on getting basketball players in trouble/kicked off. particulary in regards to curtis when the athletic dept was more/less begging the commitee to not let curt back on the team.

- complicated situation, not as simple as saying he was forced out. Blame on both sides.
- disagree that compliance looks for ways to get kids in trouble. Curt stuff I'll just say was a merging of several issues at once.

How about Snyder trying to go above Currie's head to Shulz, and Currie getting super pissed and shutting it down, further pissing off Snyder?

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

I think you know how this works.

Oh, I definitely do. I can easily guess who you guys hear from in Frank's camp and in football's camp. Which is why I felt need to correct you.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
cc-

How about Snyder trying to go above Currie's head to Shulz, and Currie getting super pissed and shutting it down, further pissing off Snyder?
he answered that in #2 from rick daxis

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Let me put this conspiracy theory out there:  Bill knows there is no way in hell John hires Sean.  Bill knows that if he can get the John v. Bill fires stoked he will get huge amounts of pressure put on Currie to force him out or force his hand.  So, even though Bill and John work fine together Bill starts floating this stuff out there in the back channels to start the rabble rousing by the fans.  Almost certainly crazy conspiracy theory. BUT I've personally been involved with prior crazy LHC Bill Snyder back channel PR schemes that were just as ridiculous (and I've always loved him for doing this kind of crap for other reasons). 

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Why is this baffling to you?  Every major college program is dirty on some level.  NCAA by-laws aren't some legally binding law.  Why is it good for KSU to have a higher level of compliance than our competitors.  This puts us at a disadvantage against our competitors.  The point of internal compliance is to do just enough so that the NCAA stays off our backs.  It's not to go above and beyond in trying to find violations.  Every program is dirty.  Once we start digging deeper than others to find our dirt, deeper than the NCAA expects, we put ourselves at a disadvantage.  I'm pretty sure the NCAA doesn't expect compliance to go to the local Western Union and tell the clerk "If anything fishy goes on, bring it to me."
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Let me float this conspiracy theory out there:  Bill knows there is no way in hell John hires Sean.

I should be careful here, but I do know that Bill would very much like Sean to take over. And is obv very disappointed that it's not going to happen while JC is here.

Would keep that in mind when you guys talk to people from the football camp.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Let me float this conspiracy theory out there:  Bill knows there is no way in hell John hires Sean.

I should be careful here, but I do know that Bill would very much like Sean to take over. And is obv very disappointed that it's not going to happen while JC is here.

BOOM

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Let me put this conspiracy theory out there:  Bill knows there is no way in hell John hires Sean.  Bill knows that if he can get the John v. Bill fire's stoked he will get huge amounts of pressure put on Currie to force him out or force his hand.  So, even though Bill and John work fine together Bill starts floating this stuff out there in the back channels to start the rabble rousing by the fans.  Almost certainly crazy conspiracy theory. BUT I've personally been involved with prior crazy LHC Bill Snyder back channel PR schemes that were just as ridiculous (and I've always loved him for doing this kind of crap for other reasons).

Cannot idly dismiss the idea.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Why is it good for KSU to have a higher level of compliance than our competitors.

please show me your data indicating our "higher level of compliance"

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

BOOM

On this topic, I am #TEAMCURRIE with a god damn flaming torch in my hand.  Like take a bullet for Currie #teamCurrie, on this topic.