Author Topic: 2012 Presidential Debate Master Thread  (Read 34202 times)

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Presidential Debate Master Thread
« Reply #300 on: October 16, 2012, 09:42:33 PM »
Anybody who has watched this debate and believes the economy will be better under Obama than under Romney is a complete fool. hopeless.

lol anyone who thanks it would be better under either is a fool. The Federal Reserve won another debate, and America lost again.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #301 on: October 16, 2012, 09:43:20 PM »
Just to confirm, somewhere around the one hour mark, Romney essentially conscripted the children of illegals into the military in exchange for citizenship, right?

false, citizenship is already on the table for your country's mercenaries.  romney told america that he could bargain the illegals down to permanent residency.

Good to know.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 16, 2012, 09:44:45 PM »
Anybody who has watched this debate and believes the economy will be better under Obama than under Romney is a complete fool. hopeless.

lol anyone who thanks it would be better under either is a fool. The Federal Reserve won another debate, and America lost again.

Bernake should be in front of a firing squad.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 16, 2012, 10:10:06 PM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 16, 2012, 10:23:46 PM »
I mean, I get some of you don't like Romney, I get it, he's a tool.  But you guys don't actually like Obama do you?  You don't actually think he's done anything good?

I'll speak for myself. 

I would put the following in the "good" category:
Health Care Reform
Foreign Policy (compared to Romney)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #305 on: October 16, 2012, 10:23:55 PM »
Another strong showing from Mitt. These debates give him an opportunity to show how intelligent and yet compassionate he is. Which is, probably why he's spiking in favorability(passed B.O.)  I also like how he blows up B.O.'s lies, strawmen and idiotic rhetoric.  Doing the media's work for them.

B.O. was actually awake, so that was good for him, might even convince some wishful thinking partisan dems on this board to pine that he won. Whenever he talks for more than 30 seconds he starts to sound like a broken rheterobot, "education....good jobs for everyone...manufacturing back in the us...college for all...manufacturing jobs that are high paying (and require college??)...fair share".  For someone who doesn't know any details about Romney's plans he seems to have lots of specific details and studies on them, which is weird because he seems to have no plan at all for anything other than raising taxes. You'd think he'd eventually want to bring that out. Completely dodged Libya and closing the debate championing free enterprise will certainty haunt him.

Two things they both royally mumped up was the question about women and pay, and the one about machine guns(didn't realize this was an issue this go round).

Overall, Mitt won the debate on style and substance, but B.O. probably won the says mean things to the other and hit more cable news talking points.  Independents will probably continue flocking to Romney know that they know he's an acceptable alternative.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 16, 2012, 10:30:26 PM »
Foreign Policy (compared to Romney)

:barf:

although you may be right. Romney will continue Obama's war on brown people and undoubtedly extend it into Iran, back into Iraq, and probably Palestine.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 16, 2012, 10:32:05 PM »
Great job by the President. He had to come out and look like a President who cares, and he cleared that hurdle tonight.  Now he's consolidated his support and the election will hinge on GOTV in the swing states, where the Obama campaign has a stronger organization. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 16, 2012, 10:53:56 PM »
Another strong showing from Mitt. These debates give him an opportunity to show how intelligent and yet compassionate he is. Which is, probably why he's spiking in favorability(passed B.O.)  I also like how he blows up B.O.'s lies, strawmen and idiotic rhetoric.  Doing the media's work for them.

B.O. was actually awake, so that was good for him, might even convince some wishful thinking partisan dems on this board to pine that he won. Whenever he talks for more than 30 seconds he starts to sound like a broken rheterobot, "education....good jobs for everyone...manufacturing back in the us...college for all...manufacturing jobs that are high paying (and require college??)...fair share".  For someone who doesn't know any details about Romney's plans he seems to have lots of specific details and studies on them, which is weird because he seems to have no plan at all for anything other than raising taxes. You'd think he'd eventually want to bring that out. Completely dodged Libya and closing the debate championing free enterprise will certainty haunt him.

Two things they both royally mumped up was the question about women and pay, and the one about machine guns(didn't realize this was an issue this go round).

Overall, Mitt won the debate on style and substance, but B.O. probably won the says mean things to the other and hit more cable news talking points.  Independents will probably continue flocking to Romney know that they know he's an acceptable alternative.

You should prepare yourself for the over roughly 60% possibility Obama wins.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 16, 2012, 11:02:31 PM »
#butthurt

Offline Stellarcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 16, 2012, 11:06:32 PM »

You clearly aren't a woman if you don't think that President Obama curbstomped Mitt on this one.  Also, if you think that independent women voters would watch this and not take issue, you are mistaken. 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 16, 2012, 11:07:50 PM »
Great job by the President. He had to come out and look like a President who cares, and he cleared that hurdle tonight.  Now he's consolidated his support and the election will hinge on GOTV in the swing states, where the Obama campaign has a stronger organization.

Ahhh, the "ground game", the dems last string of hope.

I'm thinking it's a little late to start registering and writing in bums and dead people for them.  Too late for that, son.  Also, ACORN is gone.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2012, 11:10:18 PM »

You clearly aren't a woman if you don't think that President Obama curbstomped Mitt on this one.  Also, if you think that independent women voters would watch this and not take issue, you are mistaken.

Didn't realize stellarcat was a woman.  We'd love to hear more feminine feedback, stellarcat, do share m'lady.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 16, 2012, 11:11:15 PM »
They both got really butthurt over time allotment.  I think gottlieb would be a great moderator.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Stellarcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 16, 2012, 11:16:42 PM »
In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a woman who will be voting for Obama.  I do believe that the bumbling answer about the binder full of women and references to women being home to make dinner was off-putting to most.  He doesn't support fair pay.  Awesome.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 16, 2012, 11:33:54 PM »
After watching the Rose Garden speech the day after the Benghazi murders, Candy Crowley was wrong about Obama saying it was a terrorist attack. He didn't.

Offline Stellarcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 16, 2012, 11:41:02 PM »
After watching the Rose Garden speech the day after the Benghazi murders, Candy Crowley was wrong about Obama saying it was a terrorist attack. He didn't.

He said, " No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

I knew that some people would play semantics. 

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 16, 2012, 11:57:47 PM »
Good job everyone. Debating what Obama said in the Rose Garden one day. Christ.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 17, 2012, 12:12:00 AM »

He said, " No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

He was speaking in general terms of earlier attacks at that point, but earlier in the speech he was more specific.

"Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths.  We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others.  But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence.  None.  The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts."

I also found it interesting that Crowley had the transcript on hand and that Obama asked her to confirm what he said.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 17, 2012, 01:55:28 AM »

He was speaking in general terms of earlier attacks at that point, but earlier in the speech he was more specific.

"Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths.  We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others.  But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence.  None.  The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts."

I also found it interesting that Crowley had the transcript on hand and that Obama asked her to confirm what he said.
yeah its almost like its a bullshit talking point that Republicans are running on. 

Good God the conservatives we have here are hacks.... :facepalm:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 17, 2012, 02:48:04 AM »
Romney said we need to bring down cost of college. Did he say how?

His whole campaign is saying things people want to hear and not providing the how.

It absolutely goes both ways.  I mean, Christ.  Obama won an entire election in 08 on two words alone because that's all he had to do.

I DVR'd and just started it.  Does Obama ever clarify any "THAT'S NOT TRUE"s or is it one of those things that is so deeply ingrained into his mind as fact that he doesn't feel that it's necessary to elaborate?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 17, 2012, 04:42:03 AM »
Romney said we need to bring down cost of college. Did he say how?

His whole campaign is saying things people want to hear and not providing the how.

It absolutely goes both ways.  I mean, Christ.  Obama won an entire election in 08 on two words alone because that's all he had to do.

I DVR'd and just started it.  Does Obama ever clarify any "THAT'S NOT TRUE"s or is it one of those things that is so deeply ingrained into his mind as fact that he doesn't feel that it's necessary to elaborate?

It's exhausting trying to correct all of romney's (and the rights) lies.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 17, 2012, 04:44:54 AM »
In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a woman who will be voting for Obama.  I do believe that the bumbling answer about the binder full of women and references to women being home to make dinner was off-putting to most.  He doesn't support fair pay.  Awesome.

Oh look, fsd being a complete idiot moron bad person again.   :facepalm:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
2012 Presidential Debate Master Thread
« Reply #323 on: October 17, 2012, 06:04:04 AM »
did not watch

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
2012 Presidential Debate Master Thread
« Reply #324 on: October 17, 2012, 06:36:07 AM »
did not watch

Three seems like a lot. I would maybe watch if there was some role playing scenarios and they had to act out what they'd do. Or if they were hooked up to monitors and we could see their heart rate and blood pressure fluctuations. Or if there was a First Lady debate. Or if their kids had a sack race and a spelling bee as a tie breaker.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."