Author Topic: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread  (Read 189109 times)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread
« Reply #975 on: March 13, 2015, 01:39:12 PM »
I dunno.  Greenwalt was great and everything – but he’s at SoCar right now, not sure if he’s the secret elixsor.  IIRC, Prince’s S&C guy got blamed for a lot of stuff too.  And KU’s S&C guy, who we have now, is apparently why KSU football is good and KU is awful.

It's unenjoyable watching a bad basketball team be out of shape and generally much wimpier looking than the other team. I don't think being in better shape or stronger would make us a ton better at basketball, but it'd be one less thing to feel bad about.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 13, 2015, 01:41:13 PM »
I dunno.  Greenwalt was great and everything – but he’s at SoCar right now, not sure if he’s the secret elixsor.  IIRC, Prince’s S&C guy got blamed for a lot of stuff too.  And KU’s S&C guy, who we have now, is apparently why KSU football is good and KU is awful.
We never blamed KU's S&C guy.  He was the reason the Fat Man took their team to the Orange bowl.  It was a blessing, since our good S&C guy left for A&M years ago.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 13, 2015, 01:42:43 PM »
Can confirm that Price is a bit of a nut job.  He has the WWE wrestler type of personality. 

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 13, 2015, 01:47:14 PM »
We never blamed KU's S&C guy.  He was the reason the Fat Man took their team to the Orange bowl.  It was a blessing, since our good S&C guy left for A&M years ago.

Lots of our fans blamed '04 and '05 on Rod Cole's antiquated S&C program.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

catzacker

« Reply #979 on: March 13, 2015, 01:53:59 PM »

KU went to the Orange Bowl because they had good players and a good coaching staff and never had to play anyone except MU (which they lost). KSU wins because of the same thing, except it doesn't/can't duck anyone in conference.  Dawson was still there when Mangino got fired after collapsing in 2009. Dawson was there when KU wasn't really good in 02, 04, 06.  I mean, you think Gill had nothing to do with KU sucking?  It was just Dawson leaving?  Price was there for oscar's entire tenure at Illinois, including the really successful ones at the beginning. The S&C hate is misdirected.  Direct it entirely towards oscar.  oscar is the reason.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 13, 2015, 01:58:50 PM »

KU went to the Orange Bowl because they had good players and a good coaching staff and never had to play anyone except MU (which they lost). KSU wins because of the same thing, except it doesn't/can't duck anyone in conference.  Dawson was still there when Mangino got fired after collapsing in 2009. Dawson was there when KU wasn't really good in 02, 04, 06.  I mean, you think Gill had nothing to do with KU sucking?  It was just Dawson leaving?  Price was there for oscar's entire tenure at Illinois, including the really successful ones at the beginning. The S&C hate is misdirected.  Direct it entirely towards oscar.  oscar is the reason.
Both Cole and Dawson won national awards for S&C excellence. 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 13, 2015, 02:02:34 PM »
The way I understand it, the coaches let the S&C guy know what they want guys to be like and then S&C designs systems for them.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 13, 2015, 02:03:43 PM »
We used to do a lot more photo ops/instagram propaganda with bball players doing insane workouts.  We don't do those any more.  This is the only metric through which I evaluate our S&C.  I've thought the football S&C has sucked since we stopped oiling up dudes barechested for the Powercat Lift records poster.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 13, 2015, 02:04:27 PM »
Hopeful guess: We're replacing Price as S&C coach

Realistic guess: We're replacing Alvin Brooks

I think we should hope for both. Brooks had the TCU scouts this year, assuming tech also. I know that is a big jump in logic, but in the last two years he has only landed xWhomper for Texas. That is what he was brought in for. Having a bad offseason has a lot to do with the S & C conditioning coach. I don't think their is a single element of his job he has done well.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 13, 2015, 02:08:41 PM »
Brooks is pretty much the only reason we have Foster, right?

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 13, 2015, 02:11:15 PM »
Brooks is pretty much the only reason we have Foster, right?

Lead recruiter, but I don't think he did anything special to land him.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 13, 2015, 02:24:49 PM »
Arguing about whether we should fire S&C coaches or 4th string asst coaches is really sad. Makes me hate oscar all the more.

catzacker

« Reply #987 on: March 13, 2015, 03:55:13 PM »

And Cole was here when we went from a Conference Championship to last in the worst big 12 north division, like, twice.  And Dawson was at KU when they had crap seasons. 

It's oscar.  Not Price.  If we want to solve the problem about why the players aren't tough or whatever, then fire oscar.  Problem solved.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 03:59:54 PM by catzacker »

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 13, 2015, 04:02:26 PM »
Arguing about whether we should fire S&C coaches or 4th string asst coaches is really sad. Makes me hate oscar all the more.

QFT.   Firing one of those types of guys is such a pathetic effort.   

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 13, 2015, 04:02:55 PM »

And Cole was here when we went from a Conference Championship to last in the worst big 12 north division, like, twice.  And Dawson was at KU when they had crap seasons. 

It's oscar.  Not Price.  If we want to solve the problem about why the players aren't tough or whatever, then fire oscar.  Problem solved.

It is fair to stay that not all S&C coaches are equal quality. oscar is not getting fired, if he believes that the S&C coach has been sub-par he should replace him. It isn't like there is just one problem.

catzacker

« Reply #990 on: March 13, 2015, 04:06:03 PM »
there actually is just one problem.  You idiots that mention the S&C guy or an assistant…I mean, that narrative ….that brucexcuses narrative is how it starts.  Fire the assistants? And bring in who?  Someone who’ll bring in a freshman who’ll make 2nd team All Big 12?  Well, we had that.  Jesus.  It’s oscar.  Don’t make brucexcuses for him.  He makes enough already.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 13, 2015, 04:14:33 PM »

No joke.......the whole freakin coaching staff should be feeling their a**'s on fire from the scalding flames from the HOT SEAT!!!!!!!!!!! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 13, 2015, 04:17:40 PM »
The only reason to get rid of a coach now is if you can bring in another one that comes with a couple 4 stars. Otherwise it's just masking the symptoms.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 13, 2015, 04:18:35 PM »
 :Wha:
there actually is just one problem.  You idiots that mention the S&C guy or an assistant…I mean, that narrative ….that brucexcuses narrative is how it starts.  Fire the assistants? And bring in who?  Someone who’ll bring in a freshman who’ll make 2nd team All Big 12?  Well, we had that.  Jesus.  It’s oscar.  Don’t make brucexcuses for him.  He makes enough already.

Making a coaching change would be the farthest thing away from an excuse.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 13, 2015, 04:21:02 PM »
Also, if a coach is just leaving, who cares. It happens all the time in coaching.

I think people would only really care one way or another if oscar is firing someone, which really doesn't make sense at this point.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 13, 2015, 04:23:19 PM »
We need to hire a steroid sales consultant as our S&C

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 13, 2015, 04:33:23 PM »
The only reason to get rid of a coach now is if you can bring in another one that comes with a couple 4 stars. Otherwise it's just masking the symptoms.

Everyone is saying this. He either succeeds or fails next year and everything else is part of the oscar Excuse Train.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 13, 2015, 04:38:34 PM »

Everyone is saying this. He either succeeds or fails next year and everything else is part of the oscar Excuse Train.

He can change all assists out and no one will take another year of crap because of it. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 13, 2015, 04:47:17 PM »
Who has Lowery recruited? If any assistant should be fired, it's him.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 13, 2015, 04:54:39 PM »
Who has Lowery recruited? If any assistant should be fired, it's him.
Malek, DJamer, Hurt and Wade.