Author Topic: Jevon Thomas  (Read 48423 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Jevon Thomas
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2015, 10:46:47 PM »

Jevon vs SO Stew vs SO Pulls: http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=jacob-pullen&clent-stewart=2005-2006&i=1&jacob-pullen=2008-2009&p1=jevon-thomas&p2=clent-stewart

I'm guessing the point here is that the stat profiles are not terribly different, however I never hated the guts out of Jake or Clent.  I guess I don't care what the stats say on this one, Jevon should never play basketball for ksu again.

Yeah. Just a comparison, but I think Jevon has lots of limitations right now.

Jevon is very comparable to Clent but nothing compared to Pullen. I have no idea why you included Pullen.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2015, 10:49:01 PM »
I think putting Jakes numbers up are just a great way to show how fans are typical too hard on young guards.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2015, 10:51:41 PM »

Jevon vs SO Stew vs SO Pulls: http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=jacob-pullen&clent-stewart=2005-2006&i=1&jacob-pullen=2008-2009&p1=jevon-thomas&p2=clent-stewart

I'm guessing the point here is that the stat profiles are not terribly different, however I never hated the guts out of Jake or Clent.  I guess I don't care what the stats say on this one, Jevon should never play basketball for ksu again.

Jevon is very comparable to Clent but nothing compared to Pullen. I have no idea why you included Pullen.

Didn't clent shoot occasionally? I feel like he did but I didn't click those links

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2015, 10:53:12 PM »

Didn't clent shoot occasionally? I feel like he did but I didn't click those links

no, he amazingly shot less than Jevon. And hit 49% from 3! Although it was for Wooly.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2015, 10:55:28 PM »

I thought comparing to what most think is one of our best guards ever and one of our most average seemed appropriate.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2015, 10:59:05 PM »

I thought comparing to what most think is one of our best guards ever and one of our most average seemed appropriate.

perhaps more interesting is how unfavorably he compares to Frank Richards (who I remember really disliking as a player)

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=frank-richards&clent-stewart=2005-2006&frank-richards=2002-2003&i=1&jacob-pullen=2008-2009&p1=jevon-thomas&p2=clent-stewart&p3=jacob-pullen

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2015, 11:00:50 PM »
Frank might be my least favorite Wildcat player of all time. And yeah.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2015, 11:03:25 PM »
You guys this is only tangentially related to this topic, if at all, but look me in the face and tell me you wouldn't like to have some downtown Fred Brown

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2015, 11:05:04 PM »
You guys this is only tangentially related to this topic, if at all, but look me in the face and tell me you wouldn't like to have some downtown Fred Brown
I would never do anything that idiotic

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 21, 2015, 03:44:30 AM »

If by limitations, you mean all things related to being a good division one basketball player, then yes, Jevon Thomas is severely limited.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 21, 2015, 07:36:36 AM »
Jevon really makes me pine for the days of Jarrett Hart and Aaron Schwarzendrubber.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 21, 2015, 08:21:52 AM »
Jevon really makes me pine for the days of Jarrett Hart and Aaron Schwarzendrubber.

Here's the ultimate question; Jevon or Stew?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 21, 2015, 08:26:10 AM »

Here's the ultimate question; Jevon or Stew?

I would choose Stew, and then swiftly bench him.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 21, 2015, 08:30:33 AM »
I think Jevon has more potential based on athleticism alone, so I have slight hope that he may end up better than stew
:adios:

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 21, 2015, 08:35:38 AM »
I like when Jevon's man just bombs 3 after 3 on him and all he does is throw his hands up and looks at his bench.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 21, 2015, 08:37:54 AM »
That missed lay-up in the last five minutes tho :flush:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 21, 2015, 08:38:55 AM »
As bad as Jevon is, I still think he is the most improved player on the team and that he should be a lot better next year.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 21, 2015, 08:51:08 AM »
As bad as Jevon is, I still think he is the most improved player on the team and that he should be a lot better next year.
but if your "a lot better" is still rough ridin' terrible why bother?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 21, 2015, 08:51:53 AM »

I think he has improved from terrible last season to mediocre this season.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 21, 2015, 08:53:00 AM »

I think he has improved from terrible last season to mediocre this season.
nope, he rough ridin' sucks

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 21, 2015, 08:54:57 AM »
that rough ridin' clown is not mediocre, my God what's wrong with you to say something like that?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 21, 2015, 10:14:32 AM »

perhaps more interesting is how unfavorably he compares to Frank Richards (who I remember really disliking as a player)

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=frank-richards&clent-stewart=2005-2006&frank-richards=2002-2003&i=1&jacob-pullen=2008-2009&p1=jevon-thomas&p2=clent-stewart&p3=jacob-pullen

I've thought JT was Frank Richards reincarnated from the beginning, and I've hated him as a player for that reason

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 21, 2015, 10:21:52 AM »
that rough ridin' clown is not mediocre, my God what's wrong with you to say something like that?
People generally confuse "mediocre" with "terrible", I think.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 21, 2015, 10:22:40 AM »

I've thought JT was Frank Richards reincarnated from the beginning, and I've hated him as a player for that reason
Well I've got bad news for you because Jevon is worse

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 21, 2015, 10:30:22 AM »
I once called Clent the SLTH of point guards and even back then that was probably generous.