Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4721682 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #22675 on: September 17, 2014, 09:10:01 AM »
I would also like to add that we should have scored more runs vs that shitty pitching staff that the White Sox throw out there.  :th_twocents:

Yes we should've had 9 on the board. I don't care about the slump, when you have Aoki/Dyson in the lineup together without Butler, its tough to get big innings. Aoki has had 2 4 hit games in a row, and we didn't have big nights. Guys who can hit homeruns and doubles, albeit slumping, need to play.

A slump is one thing and he has played sporadically, but Billy is still 2 for his last 32 with a couple of RBIs. He's been up several times in big situations and almost always seems to hit a first pitch grounder to the shortstop. At some point, part of it is on him too.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22676 on: September 17, 2014, 09:10:47 AM »
I would also like to add that we should have scored more runs vs that shitty pitching staff that the White Sox throw out there.  :th_twocents:

Yes we should've had 9 on the board. I don't care about the slump, when you have Aoki/Dyson in the lineup together without Butler, its tough to get big innings. Aoki has had 2 4 hit games in a row, and we didn't have big nights. Guys who can hit homeruns and doubles, albeit slumping, need to play.

A slump is one thing and he has played sporadically, but Billy is still 2 for his last 32 with a couple of RBIs. He's been up several times in big situations and almost always seems to hit a first pitch grounder to the shortstop. At some point, part of it is on him too.

no _FAN, it's all Ned!  :curse:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #22677 on: September 17, 2014, 09:14:00 AM »
Where do we rank with runners LOB? I think @mocat threw this out the other night, but it seems like it's not very good.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22678 on: September 17, 2014, 09:15:52 AM »
Where do we rank with runners LOB? I think @mocat threw this out the other night, but it seems like it's not very good.

like 3rd fewest in MLB actually

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #22679 on: September 17, 2014, 09:19:17 AM »

like 3rd fewest in MLB actually
Wow!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #22680 on: September 17, 2014, 09:32:16 AM »
I think a lot of the Ned hate in KC is fueled by our team sucking ass for so long that none of the fans ever seriously paid attention to baseball and so they just yell at Ned because they're idiots about baseball.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22681 on: September 17, 2014, 09:33:01 AM »
like, I'm not saying I'm some baseball genius. I'm just a genius at being able to tell who's an idiot.

Online Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22682 on: September 17, 2014, 09:43:11 AM »

no _FAN, it's all Ned!  :curse:

mocat don't be a dick. I'm not saying its all Ned.

Online Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22683 on: September 17, 2014, 09:44:08 AM »
I think a lot of the Ned hate in KC is fueled by our team sucking ass for so long that none of the fans ever seriously paid attention to baseball and so they just yell at Ned because they're idiots about baseball.

I was mad the day he was hired. He had a team like this in Milwaukee, and they fired him with 2 weeks left in a pennant race. Competent managers don't get fired while their team is close to a division title.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22684 on: September 17, 2014, 09:47:06 AM »

Some of it is. Some of it is also fueled by the 6th being "Crow's inning".

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #22685 on: September 17, 2014, 10:02:44 AM »

Frankly ( :pix_martin:), it seems like Ned is a dick. I personally think he was giving the big FU to the fans and everyone calling him out for Monday nights debacle, "oh, you want me to change it up?  I'll go overboard and do exactly what you want and let it blow up in your fat faces".
I think he's a dick like that.

Ned has got to go. (Hud voice)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22686 on: September 17, 2014, 10:18:45 AM »

Frankly ( :pix_martin:), it seems like Ned is a dick. I personally think he was giving the big FU to the fans and everyone calling him out for Monday nights debacle, "oh, you want me to change it up?  I'll go overboard and do exactly what you want and let it blow up in your fat faces".
I think he's a dick like that.

Ned has got to go. (Hud voice)

Oh, I think he's terrible with the media, but I don't think he went overboard so much to lose a game.

I think Ned is pretty good at working with a GM and building a competitive team. He did it in Milwaukee and he did it in Kansas City and I don't think just any manager could have done that. But I also think its becoming clear he lacks what it takes as a manager in a clutch situation and he has shown it in one way or another multiple times in his career. Everyone thinks of the year he got fired and this year, but the year previous to his firing the Brewers had a collapse and last year's talented Royals team had issues as well. Its his track record and he's trying to break through that. It seems unlikely he'll do that in terms of a division, but he might benefit as a manager and get the Royals to the wildcard. And we all know if he does that we're going to see more Ned next year; heck we probably will even if he doesn't get us to the WC.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22687 on: September 17, 2014, 10:24:57 AM »
Ned is a good mgr. to work up a young team.  He is pretty average in managing and actually looked like a bullpen wizard this year because of the luxuries that davis and holland give him.  I don't even think Davis was the wrong move last night.  The guy has been a beast and we had to get out of that inning.  Some little crap for the white sox decided to crap on the royals and hand the division to detroit like a total bozo, that's all.

However, in pressure situations Ned loses his crap.  If the Glass family lets him and Dayton stick around after the Royals miss the playoffs, then they are failures too.

Online Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22688 on: September 17, 2014, 10:47:37 AM »
Its like no one remembers he fired Kevin Seitzer so the team could hit more home runs. That team hit 131. This team has 91.

Other than mocking Ned haters, do mocat or Steve Dave have any reason of substance as to why Ned Yost should keep his job in 2015?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22689 on: September 17, 2014, 10:57:47 AM »
A likely first playoff appearance since 1985
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22690 on: September 17, 2014, 11:15:29 AM »
lol at KC baseball fans. the closest we've been to the playoffs in your entire lives and you want to fire the coach because he either shakes it up too much or not enough depending on what he did in the most recent loss. we are adorable.

Online Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22691 on: September 17, 2014, 11:20:45 AM »
lol at KC baseball fans. the closest we've been to the playoffs in your entire lives and you want to fire the coach because he either shakes it up too much or not enough depending on what he did in the most recent loss. we are adorable.

The Brewers were in the EXACT same situation. 25 year playoff drought.

Desperately trying to awaken a sleep-walking team that has damaged its chances of making the playoffs after a 25-year post-season drought, the Milwaukee Brewers fired manager Ned Yost on Monday with only 12 games left in the season and replaced him with third-base coach Dale Sveum.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22692 on: September 17, 2014, 11:21:17 AM »

2014 is Ned's year. We will bring in the closer for 2015.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22693 on: September 17, 2014, 11:35:09 AM »
all new-to-baseball KC fans are suddenly george steinbrenners  :ROFL:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22694 on: September 17, 2014, 11:38:09 AM »
YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT HELPED MILWAUKEE TURN IT AROUND? FIRING THAT IDIOT NED YOST!  :angry:

Online Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22695 on: September 17, 2014, 11:41:46 AM »
So no is the answer. Other than mocking Ned haters, no, Steve Dave has no reason of substance why Ned Yost should return in 2015.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22696 on: September 17, 2014, 11:42:18 AM »
piss off, sd.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22697 on: September 17, 2014, 11:44:50 AM »
So no is the answer. Other than mocking Ned haters, no, Steve Dave has no reason of substance why Ned Yost should return in 2015.

he will have posted two winning seasons in a row for the KC royals. which nobody has done for as long as I've followed baseball. he has the same KC royals in a legitimate playoff race which nobody has done either. I mean, the arguments are much more powerful than your repetitive butthurt after every loss because he either made or didn't make some move. the fact that mocking you is fun is just a bonus.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22698 on: September 17, 2014, 11:49:14 AM »
i'm not saying he can't get better, but i'm also saying you guys are ridiculous for wanting him fired for "going with his gut" and whatnot. aren't you "going with your gut" when you question his decisions after the fact? 100% of the world thought we had it locked up last night with Herrera/Davis/Holland. Herrera and Davis didn't have it last night, so you blame Ned? gmafb. i'm not even being a dick. you guys look ridiculous.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22699 on: September 17, 2014, 11:51:21 AM »
i mean we have exactly 1 more loss on the season than Detroit. just 1.

our manager is not holding us back from being 100-50 right now.