Author Topic: Official 2014 Coaching Carousel (football edition)  (Read 52234 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2014 Coaching Carousel (football edition)
« Reply #350 on: December 17, 2014, 08:51:12 PM »
Michigan offering Harbaugh eight million per year.  :horrorsurprise:

That can't possibly be true

ESPN radio reported six years $48 million on my drive home.

Someone had to give them bad info, that doesn't make sense.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 17, 2014, 09:13:25 PM »
What do we pay oscar? 8 million for Jim Harbaugh to run Michigan football seems like an ok deal in comparison, no?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 17, 2014, 09:15:46 PM »
Baseball salaries are ridiculous. I mean, Alex Rios makes more than the best football coaches.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 17, 2014, 10:01:18 PM »
What do we pay oscar? 8 million for Jim Harbaugh to run Michigan football seems like an ok deal in comparison, no?

I'd have to check but I'm fairly certain that would be the largest contract in American sports for someone who is just a coach, not a coach/gm or president combo. He's in play for Michigan because he is getting fired and he's essentially been fired for two months already. Would they have given him $11 mil a year if he weren't being fired? The Raiders nor the Dolphins would pay him anything close to that.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 17, 2014, 10:03:17 PM »
Its a lot but you have to imagine Michigan has the means

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 17, 2014, 10:17:25 PM »

I know they have the money but I also know they have a great business school so they should understand economy.

BTW I checked and Coach K was the highest paid coach in American sports in 2014. He made just over $9 million but I have no idea how much of that is base and how much is bonuses. The second highest paid is Sean Freaking Payton at $8 million. Bill Belichick is #3 and Saban is #4 and they are just over $7 million. I won't believe it until I see Harbaugh sign a contract thats a million dollars more than Belichick and Saban.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 17, 2014, 10:25:54 PM »
Look where Andy Reid ranks on the list, then laugh in the face of the Chiefs.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 17, 2014, 10:45:48 PM »

I'd have to check but I'm fairly certain that would be the largest contract in American sports for someone who is just a coach, not a coach/gm or president combo. He's in play for Michigan because he is getting fired and he's essentially been fired for two months already. Would they have given him $11 mil a year if he weren't being fired? The Raiders nor the Dolphins would pay him anything close to that.

Meh, I can see it. Michigan is tired at being laughed at and their rivals just hired a home run in Urban Meyer. I'd also assume that Michigan rightly or wrongly believes that they'd have to give him significantly more money that the NFL teams in play to make him come back to a college team.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 18, 2014, 12:29:30 AM »
Michigan offering Harbaugh eight million per year.  :horrorsurprise:

That can't possibly be true

ESPN radio reported six years $48 million on my drive home.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Go get that cash, Jim. If you don't, you'll never see it again. #JimHarbaughOverrated

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 18, 2014, 12:52:06 AM »

I know they have the money but I also know they have a great business school so they should understand economy.

BTW I checked and Coach K was the highest paid coach in American sports in 2014. He made just over $9 million but I have no idea how much of that is base and how much is bonuses. The second highest paid is Sean Freaking Payton at $8 million. Bill Belichick is #3 and Saban is #4 and they are just over $7 million. I won't believe it until I see Harbaugh sign a contract thats a million dollars more than Belichick and Saban.

I had no idea coach k got paid like that.  Wow. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: December 18, 2014, 07:49:10 AM »
K is enjoying the fruits of flirting with the Lakers

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 18, 2014, 08:14:07 AM »
why he is getting fired from SF?  :confused:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 18, 2014, 08:15:20 AM »
Their front office hates him.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 18, 2014, 08:42:48 AM »

their AD is both a pussy and a $!#*

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 18, 2014, 08:45:22 AM »
Just imagine how awesome it would be if Jim takes that job and fails.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 18, 2014, 08:47:51 AM »

their AD is both a pussy and a $!#*
And lives under a rock. A F'in rock.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 18, 2014, 08:48:45 AM »
Look where Andy Reid ranks on the list, then laugh in the face of the Chiefs.
:dubious:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 18, 2014, 09:50:53 AM »
@CharlesRobinson: Harbaugh offer getting out is already a red flag for Michigan. That's usually an NFL agent setting the table to leverage other negotiations.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 18, 2014, 10:36:09 AM »
@CharlesRobinson: Harbaugh offer getting out is already a red flag for Michigan. That's usually an NFL agent setting the table to leverage other negotiations.

Harbaugh would be a fool to turn down a gig for big $$ in Ann Arbor.  Good lawd, having to deal with Aldon Smith would be enough to want to get out of SF.  Harbaugh has more leverage dealing with scholarship athletes than professional players managed by agents and represented by NFLPA.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 18, 2014, 10:41:11 AM »
Harbaugh should stick with the NFL, but I think he might make the choice to go to Michigan.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 18, 2014, 12:02:30 PM »

Harbaugh would be a fool to turn down a gig for big $$ in Ann Arbor.  Good lawd, having to deal with Aldon Smith would be enough to want to get out of SF.  Harbaugh has more leverage dealing with scholarship athletes than professional players managed by agents and represented by NFLPA.

Successful NFL coaches seem to do it just fine. All of Harbaugh's problems are self-induced and have nothing to do with the players. He's a megwatt dickhead that can't get along with anyone; players, assistant coaches, peer coaches, and management. He had the same reported issues at Stanford.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 18, 2014, 01:05:50 PM »

Successful NFL coaches seem to do it just fine. All of Harbaugh's problems are self-induced and have nothing to do with the players. He's a megwatt dickhead that can't get along with anyone; players, assistant coaches, peer coaches, and management. He had the same reported issues at Stanford.

He's a dickhead but he's Michigan's dickhead.  Sometimes the AD just needs to stay the hell out of a coach's way.  I think he could get along there as well as anywhere, though he will always have issues.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 18, 2014, 01:52:56 PM »

He's a dickhead but he's Michigan's dickhead. Sometimes the AD just needs to stay the hell out of a coach's way. I think he could get along there as well as anywhere, though he will always have issues.

Does Jim Harbaugh strike you as a guy that would even consider ever acting in the best interest of the athletic department? In this business minded climate athletic directors have to actually supervise their coaches; all of their coaches. In this big money and information age, letting football coaches run their own little fiefdoms like Schembeckler, Paterno, and Osborne did is over.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 18, 2014, 02:00:49 PM »

private money ready.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 18, 2014, 02:03:29 PM »
there have been times in the last few months where i've wondered if ksu football would be better off ten years from now if we would've just kept vanier 1.0 and used the 70 million to offer a harbaugh type a ten year/70 million dollar contract.