Author Topic: Tornado Season 2024  (Read 123482 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Tornado Season 2024
« Reply #1300 on: May 02, 2024, 03:06:15 AM »

Fun pic from Andover a couple of years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: May 02, 2024, 02:20:41 PM »

This supercell produced three different tornado warnings last night in western Kansas. The inflow of air was intense. Incredible lightning.

I watched Reed Timmer chase that storm literally for hours last night and I don't think it ever spawned a 'nado.  What a tease.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: May 02, 2024, 07:33:39 PM »

This supercell produced three different tornado warnings last night in western Kansas. The inflow of air was intense. Incredible lightning.

I watched Reed Timmer chase that storm literally for hours last night and I don't think it ever spawned a 'nado.  What a tease.

Oh yeah, I saw that. We were out there for probably 2-3 hours shooting. The rest of the time was me driving, and stopping to gets snacks once in jetmore. Nicname jr loves it. Funnily enough, we picked our spot on the way out when all the other spotters were camped in dodge. when we got there only one other vehicle was there. Then a bunch of other cars showed up. He felt pretty great about getting to such a good spot before most everyone else.

He pays for some service where he has a radar on his phone that shows green dots for all the other chasers as well. Gets all geeked out when a big name chaser is in the area.

I was a nervous wreck at first, but it was a pretty great experience
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.