Author Topic: Terrible KSU Coaching Decisions Thread  (Read 106126 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Terrible KSU Coaching Decisions Thread
« Reply #700 on: November 14, 2017, 09:45:52 PM »
Honestly, the only way I can rationalize the play calling most of the time is to assume Dimel calls plays in some vacuum where down, distance, and time remaining are irrelevant, and there is no opposing team on the field, and the personnel are identical like the football guys from that old ass electric football game. If you do that, the plays start to make sense.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 14, 2017, 11:38:48 PM »
Honestly, the only way I can rationalize the play calling most of the time is to assume Dimel calls plays in some vacuum where down, distance, and time remaining are irrelevant, and there is no opposing team on the field, and the personnel are identical like the football guys from that old ass electric football game. If you do that, the plays start to make sense.

HEADLINE: known racist scumbag who hates children with disabilities actually posts something resembling reason

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 15, 2017, 08:51:01 AM »
It's been called on our opponents a few times this year too, we aren't the only team who gets caught

No one said we were. I remember one called against our opponent. It was a point of emphasis either two or three years ago.

Why are we the only team that can't run a "pick" play without getting penalized?  Poor coaching?

Well, it fits into my narrative better if I say that we're the only team that gets called.  Becaues my narrative is about Dana Dimel being a dumb idiot.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 15, 2017, 08:57:31 AM »
The two opis I saw were pretty clear, db didn't give ground and Dalton Gruntley ran into them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 15, 2017, 08:58:36 AM »
I also think dimel has a predetermined set of calls and personnel and he has a very hard time deviating from the plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: November 18, 2017, 06:06:35 PM »
Clearly this needs a bump.  Pretty sure i don't even have to type anything.  Everyone knows

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 18, 2017, 06:13:57 PM »
What is wrong with our coaches?  Honest question.  Why were we running plays at the end of the game?  1:59 left.  4 downs, 40 seconds between each down = 120 seconds > 1:59.  What. In. The. World?  Victory formation, take a knee. 

I won't get into the pass play call.  I just can't do it right now.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 18, 2017, 06:19:40 PM »
I'm out of energy for this. We have a 78 yr old running this thing

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 18, 2017, 06:26:39 PM »
Calling that pass play did not bother me.  They were stopping the run.  We were having success through the air.  It’s just unfortunate how it ended up. 

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 18, 2017, 06:28:58 PM »
Calling that pass play did not bother me.  They were stopping the run.  We were having success through the air.  It’s just unfortunate how it ended up.
e
Would have been nice if the OL would have, you know, done its job.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 18, 2017, 06:33:08 PM »

This.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 18, 2017, 06:35:41 PM »
What is wrong with our coaches?  Honest question.  Why were we running plays at the end of the game?  1:59 left.  4 downs, 40 seconds between each down = 120 seconds > 1:59.  What. In. The. World?  Victory formation, take a knee. 

JFC. I was going absolutely apeshit at my TV at that point. How rough ridin' hard is it to do the calculations ONE TIME to determine that, when the other team has NO TIMEOUTS LEFT and you have the ball 1st and 10 with (what I believe was actually even less than Whisker Biscuit's statement of) 1:59 left, you can kneel it out 3 times and run out the clock? I mean, put a few scenarios into a chart, print out said chart, and have one coach keep it in their pocket during the game? Why on earth would we run it straight into the pile on first and second downs and risk getting it stripped (which they nearly succeeded at)? Especially because on 3rd down, we realized, "Ok, I guess the math works out after all, let's kneel it here and go to the lockerroom with the W."

Fire everyone. They are legitimate idiots sometimes.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 18, 2017, 06:39:33 PM »
Well, it bothered the announcers!
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 18, 2017, 07:43:55 PM »
Not kneeling...a play straight out of the Paul Rhoads (Rhodes?) playbook.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 18, 2017, 07:57:46 PM »
Just more fuel for the ‘you actually use math irl’ argument with your kids.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 18, 2017, 07:59:16 PM »

This.

I mean they could have done a quick pass or play action or RPO and not run but no they did a straight five step drop for deep routes when the running clock was our best weapon. So like, it's one thing to be OK with a pass in that situation and an entirely different one to be OK with THAT pass play.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 18, 2017, 08:00:08 PM »
Fair.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 18, 2017, 08:07:56 PM »
did we have stupid play calls? will we forever with this staff? yeah. enjoy the win. it's football. drink your buffalo trace. eat some chicken wings, gentlemen. we won. we won. as 20 plus point dogs at o-state, where we hadn't won since 1999. i am old enough to recall that win. was awesome. so was today.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #718 on: November 18, 2017, 08:09:10 PM »
You guys should listen to pvegs.  He's wise.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 18, 2017, 08:10:39 PM »

This.

I mean they could have done a quick pass or play action or RPO and not run but no they did a straight five step drop for deep routes when the running clock was our best weapon. So like, it's one thing to be OK with a pass in that situation and an entirely different one to be OK with THAT pass play.
He did that at the end of the half last week...

The Big Train

« Reply #720 on: November 18, 2017, 08:12:32 PM »
You guys should listen to pvegs.  He's wise.

:lol:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 18, 2017, 08:13:14 PM »
did we have stupid play calls? will we forever with this staff? yeah. enjoy the win. it's football. drink your buffalo trace. eat some chicken wings, gentlemen. we won. we won. as 20 plus point dogs at o-state, where we hadn't won since 1999. i am old enough to recall that win. was awesome. so was today.

Good call. And I am.

BTW, I made the trip to Stillwater when we beat them in 95. And was at the 03 loss.

And yes, that 99 win was fantastic. The 2nd time we overcame a 21 point deficit that season. Crazy.

:cheers: fellow Cat fans.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 18, 2017, 08:24:38 PM »
Not kneeling...a play straight out of the Paul Rhoads (Rhodes?) playbook.

Yes, we totally almost Iowa-stated that game.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 18, 2017, 11:18:32 PM »

This is the only one of these end of the game things that was dumb. If that pass worked everyone would have creamed their jeans. It's also worth noting that was the only time after the first quarter that Sky lost his pocket presence. The pocket collapsed and he put his head down and started chopping his feet, like he did last week. Earlier in the game when that happened he had the feel to shuffle up or get out.

I also saw people on twitter bitching about Sky coming in for those last three snaps. He had to, he's the only person on that sideline who has received a snap under center.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 18, 2017, 11:32:17 PM »
I'm pretty sure I still would have questioned that pass call even if it was successful