Author Topic: more worried about...  (Read 5670 times)

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
more worried about...
« on: February 01, 2010, 10:14:47 AM »
@ NU
@ ISU

or

@ OU
@ TT

is it wrong to be more :ohno: at the nortards?

i bet catzacker is sh^tting his pants at these.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: more worried about...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 10:18:21 AM »
Bottom two.  I still think OU may get it together at some point.  NU and ISU are completely done.  That being said, every game on the road is scary as crap.

catzacker

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 10:21:49 AM »
Bottom two.  I still think OU may get it together at some point.  NU and ISU are completely done.  That being said, every game on the road is scary as crap.

this.  but more scared of the nortards. those are bad losses.  and a L @TT is almost a given.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 10:22:10 AM »
Just go 3-1.  IMO.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 10:29:09 AM »
Bottom two.  I still think OU may get it together at some point. 

At what point does OU quit.  I mean, those guys can't have thought that they'd have this kind of season.

I guess they're not terrible at home, but there's a decent chance they'll be sitting at something like 4-7, having lost 4 out of 5 when we go down there.

Offline Dcwildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 10:30:01 AM »
I agree about 3-1! Not worried at all about TT or the cornholes but ISU and OU make me worried! You CANT lose at home again tho!

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 01:25:21 PM »
4-0 is great, 3-1 is expected, 2-2 is rough ridin' terrible.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »
4-0 is great, 3-1 is expected, 2-2 is rough ridin' terrible.

Yep

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 01:31:45 PM »
4-0 is great, 3-1 is expected, 2-2 is fracking terrible.

gmafb.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 01:34:33 PM »

gmafb.

How come sys? 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 02:04:35 PM »

gmafb.

How come sys? 

2-2 + 0-1 @ ku + 4-0 @ home = 10-6 = absolutely nothing like rough ridin' terrible.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »

gmafb.

How come sys? 

2-2 + 0-1 @ ku + 4-0 @ home = 10-6 = absolutely nothing like fracking terrible.

Yeah.  10-6 is in the "slightly disappointing" category for me.  2-2 would simply put us in position to do that.  But moreso than 2-2 would be how we go 2-2 if that happens.  2-2 in a vacuum is hard to rate right now.  JMHO.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 04:31:51 PM »
Just win baby.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 04:35:24 PM »
The way I see it -

4-0 : 50%

3-1 : 40%

2-2 - 10%

anything else - 0%

sorry brahs, I just don't see us shitting the bed again anytime soon.

Offline Beeper

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 08:22:36 PM »
@ NU
@ ISU

or

@ OU
@ TT

is it wrong to be more :ohno: at the nortards?

i bet catzacker is sh^tting his pants at these.

Knowing our recent history, there's very good reason to be :ohno: about the nortards.

Offline Beeper

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 08:32:55 PM »
Checked up on this. 

We've lost to Nebraska @ Neb the past 3 years.  We've lost 4 of the last 5 @ Neb actually.

We have 3 straight wins @ ISU, but the 3 before were losses, and the most recent 2 Ws were by 4.

We've lost the last 3 times we've played @ TT

And we're 1-2 the last 3 times at OU.

Looks like Nebraska and TT might be our two losses if that's all we have.

Now that I've checked, I'm all  :pray: about everything.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 08:36:48 PM »
Checked up on this. 

We've lost to Nebraska @ Neb the past 3 years.  We've lost 4 of the last 5 @ Neb actually.

We have 3 straight wins @ ISU, but the 3 before were losses, and the most recent 2 Ws were by 4.

We've lost the last 3 times we've played @ TT

And we're 1-2 the last 3 times at OU.

Looks like Nebraska and TT might be our two losses if that's all we have.

Now that I've checked, I'm all  :pray: about everything.

It's hard to care about the pre-Frank stuff imo.

the nubb and TT things are relevant though.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 08:46:24 PM »
Don't really think any of that stuff is relevant at this point.  We're at the midway point in the big 12 season and have

A.  played arguably the toughest conf. slate to date
B.  Are ranked in or around the top 10 in both major polls.
C.  Are rated #12, #8, and #10 by kenpom, rpi and sagirin respectively.
D. already have a tough road win over a ranked oppy in Baylor recently.

All of that stuff matters was more than crap that former/lesser teams did.  If ABCD are true inticators of where this team is at we SHOULD win all of these games. 

It is hard as fans to get out of the "bubble" type mentality, especially when our team has been absolute dogshit for the better part of 20 years, but this team and our program are different now.  It is time to start acting like it. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Beeper

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 08:49:41 PM »
Don't really think any of that stuff is relevant at this point.  We're at the midway point in the big 12 season and have

All of that stuff matters was more than crap that former/lesser teams did.  If ABCD are true inticators of where this team is at we SHOULD win all of these games. 

It is hard as fans to get out of the "bubble" type mentality, especially when our team has been absolute dogshit for the better part of 20 years, but this team and our program are different now.  It is time to start acting like it. 

Did you watch the OSU game?  Just checking.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 08:51:01 PM »

The "we normally don't play well" talking point never has made much sense to me.

But if you look at it, wehave lost to nubb the past 3 years when we have been clearly the better team. (In 2 of those 3 years at least) which has to make you wonder if it doesn't have some credibility.

And also, yeah, we did just have a tough road game and win... but at the same time we historically seem to crap down our leg every once in a while (OSU @ home).

Stuff like that makes it hard to believe we will take care of business no problem, no doubt.

That being said I hope/pray/believe we will take care of them all.  :pray: :crossfingers:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 08:58:25 PM »
No excuse for the loss, but OSU has 3 players on their roster better than anyone NU has.  And if Jake goes 2-14 or whatever again and Dom and Jake struggle with fouls, we will likely lose.  NU is in our head b/c of recent struggles there, but they are probably the worst team in the league.  I don't care how "x's and o's"-y Doc is.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Directed at beeper
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 08:58:48 PM »
OSU is better than all of those teams.

Here are my thoughts on the OSU game.  

....the loss has no bearing on the future.

Every team has around 5 or 6 key areas that are indicators of whether or not they stand a good chance to win a game.

IMHO, Sutton's PT, 3pt%, fg%, oreb, fta, ft% are the key elements to a KSU victory.  You could say that TO's caused and other would factor in but I think that the first I listed are key.  Obviously against tougher competition you are going to be successful in more areas than against weaker competition.  For instance if we were to play Kentucky we would most likely need to be successful in nearly every area to win, against Ark PB, we might only need to be successful in a few areas.  Also the degree of difficulty with which success in each area is acheived also goes up when facing better competition.

OSU is in my opinion a "good" team, they are a solid 5 or 6 team out of the Big 12 conference and will most likely be in the NCAA.

So let's look at the highlighted areas of performance.

Dom Sutton PT - We needed Sutton in the game to chase around James Anderson.  Sutton only played 18 minutes in the ball game, mostly due to foul trouble and was therefore unable to be utilized in containing Anderson.  I don't have stats for JA while Sutton was guarding him, but I would expect they were worse than when other drew the assignment.

3pt% - The rest of the stats are more straight forward, beginning with 3pt%.  We shot 27.6% from 3 on 29 attempts.  That might seem like a lot of 3's but OSU played different zones most of the night and we just missed a ton of open shots.  We shoot 35% for the year, which is not great, but the additional 2 three pointers would have helped immensely.  Just think if we would have shot 40%??

fg% - Again we shot only 35.6% from the field against OSU.  This is mostly due to our bad 3pt% but still another area where we failed.  We were 13 for 30 on twos against OSU.  If we were only average in this one area it could have been a big difference.  For the year we shoot about 46%.

Oreb - We were decent on the oboards but I'm guessing our Oreb% wasn't outstanding.  Still you don't have to fail at everything to lose a game.

fta - We were right on average as far as FTA/game are concerned with 33 shots attempted.  but.......

FT% -  When you shoot 8% worse than average it is going to cost you.

Enough rambling, OSU, while a good team should not be able to hang with us.  Looking back it makes sense that it took subpar performance in nearly all key areas for the Cats to lose on Saturday.  Also, worth mentioning that we didn't make up for it in any areas eg. post play vs. UT.  Every team has bad games, I don't think it spells doom for the next few games.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 09:06:00 PM by nicname »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 09:01:35 PM »
Great breakdown nic.  OSU was too talented to have that many letdowns against.

Offline Beeper

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 09:09:07 PM »
FWIW, Nebraska just beat OU by 17 at home.  OU only scored 46 points.  OU beat OSU at home.

If Neb slows our game down, we are going to be in trouble.  Trust me, I want with all of my being for us to win and win big.  But I've been a KSU fan for enough years to know how it's felt recently.  We can't be cocky about Neb.  I think Beasley went in there saying he was going to score 60 or something on the pre-game.  Looked  :flush: afterward.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 09:19:36 PM »
Not being cocky.  Just saying KSU should go in there and kick their ass all over the court, if they are the great team that pretty much everyone says they are.  If KSU comes to play Cats win by 10 plus.