Author Topic: Football Coach Search Master Thread  (Read 28874 times)

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Are the waters calm yet?
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 09:49:32 AM »
Nominate this thread as the Official Men's Football Coaching search master thread.
RIP Fatty

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2012, 09:49:37 AM »
If bill steps down after this year, currie should hire Dimel, imo.  he won't, unfortunately.  I’m guessing Ron Zook, so we can get all the losers fired from Illinois.

agreed

If he hangs on one, maybe two more seasons, you could have Zook or Tim Beckman. :pray:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2012, 09:50:46 AM »
I'm still holding out hope that Patterson will leave TCU for us.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2012, 09:52:27 AM »

yuck not anymore.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2012, 09:54:50 AM »
If bill steps down after this year, currie should hire Dimel, imo.  he won't, unfortunately.  I’m guessing Ron Zook, so we can get all the losers fired from Illinois.

agreed

If he hangs on one, maybe two more seasons, you could have Zook or Tim Beckman. :pray:

Sneaky money one Jerry Kill, after losing to Iowa they could free fall and the UM admin could make a snap decision to let him go.
RIP Fatty

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2012, 09:55:59 AM »
doesn't that freak jerry kill have a foaming at the mouth seizure and almost die every 30 minutes?

:sdeek:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2012, 09:56:45 AM »

yuck not anymore.

Lol.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2012, 09:57:28 AM »
doesn't that freak jerry kill have a foaming at the mouth seizure and almost die every 30 minutes?

Currie - " I have not heard one bad thing about Kill's foaming at the mouth seizures"
RIP Fatty

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Football Coach Search Master Thread
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 09:58:39 AM »
Dimel is the best option. He's got experience. He's basically running the show right now anyway. He's not super old. Plus he's a friend of goEMAW.

plus he doesn't look like a complete freakshow

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2012, 10:02:58 AM »
Dimel is the best option. He's got experience. He's basically running the show right now anyway. He's not super old. Plus he's a friend of goEMAW.

silver fox  :love:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2012, 10:03:15 AM »

Looks pretty elite to me....
@mikec2w

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2012, 10:05:14 AM »
Dimel's a good dude. Do want.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2012, 10:06:37 AM »
I'd have to think Bill is smart enough to realize that he can probably get enough support behind Dimel to get him the job. 

I know that he wants Sean, but that's never going to happen.  His best chance at keeping Sean in a good, cushy job is to get Dimel in place and make sure that the band stays together.

I'm in full support of Dimel at this point.  I wasn't before he came back, but I'm good with it now.  I've seen enough to be much more comfortable with that option than trusting Currie on this. 

I just hope that Snyder is making the right calls to the right people to make sure Currie makes the right decision.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2012, 10:08:09 AM »
Dimel is the best option. He's got experience. He's basically running the show right now anyway. He's not old balls. Plus he's a friend of goEMAW.

in 2002 Rivials ranked Houston's recruiting class 59th, ku 60th. He pulled in 1 4 star. He is not a terrible recruiter as a head coach.
RIP Fatty

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2012, 10:09:59 AM »
I'd have to think Bill is smart enough to realize that he can probably get enough support behind Dimel to get him the job. 

I know that he wants Sean, but that's never going to happen.  His best chance at keeping Sean in a good, cushy job is to get Dimel in place and make sure that the band stays together.

I'm in full support of Dimel at this point.  I wasn't before he came back, but I'm good with it now.  I've seen enough to be much more comfortable with that option than trusting Currie on this. 

I just hope that Snyder is making the right calls to the right people to make sure Currie makes the right decision.

I don't trust Bill to know/do this.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »

I don't trust Bill to know/do this.

Probably not, which is why we're most likely screwed, because Currie is going to oscar this one up.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2012, 10:12:04 AM »
I think Bill pushing Sean is secondary to Currie wanting to put his name on a football coaching hire. Hiring the current OC to take over isn't going to do that.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2012, 10:13:32 AM »
I think Bill pushing Sean is secondary to Currie wanting to put his name on a football coaching hire. Hiring the current OC to take over isn't going to do that.

Wouldn't Currie look like a genius if Dimel takes over and is successful, though?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2012, 10:13:45 AM »

100% agreement, which is why Bill should be pushing big donors to back Dana.

Currie can't move on to a bigger gig if the donors quit giving money and refuse to work with him.  On top of the fact that it appears most coaches don't want to have anything to do with him.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2012, 10:15:22 AM »
I thought the Dooley call was prophetic.  How could Currie not hire that guy once Tennessee cans him?  He will look great in City Slickers garb.  He'll be Currie's live-action Ken doll. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2012, 10:16:25 AM »

Wouldn't Currie look like a genius if Dimel takes over and is successful, though?

No, he'd look like he made the obvious choice. Obvious isn't resume worthy.

Achievements: Promoted current OC to HC when HC retired

If he was looking out for KState's best interests it would be clear. But, he's not.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2012, 10:17:44 AM »
While the Head Men's Football coach is the Big Man On Campus, I wonder if Currie thinks he put his stamp on the program with his hire of oscar. And while Currie may be looking to pad his resume and hire a splash, he is also aware that our Alum will cook his goose if Bill is not fully behind this hire (not some hand shake and nod this time from Bill)
RIP Fatty

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2012, 10:19:54 AM »
While the Head Men's Football coach is the Big Man On Campus, I wonder if Currie thinks he put his stamp on the program with his hire of oscar. And while Currie may be looking to pad his resume and hire a splash, he is also aware that our Alum will cook his goose if Bill is not fully behind this hire (not some hand shake and nod this time from Bill)

But I don't think Currie cares.  I think he believes that if he hires the right name, he can get out of here in less than 12 months, so donor relations, schmoner relations.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2012, 10:20:09 AM »

Bill won't be fully behind anyone but Sean. I've heard that most of our big donors don't want Bill to have much say in the hire and I know for a fact that Currie doesn't give a crap what Bill wants.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2012, 10:21:20 AM »

No, he'd look like he made the obvious choice. Obvious isn't resume worthy.

Achievements: Promoted current OC to HC when HC retired

If he was looking out for KState's best interests it would be clear. But, he's not.

Well, when he ends up announcing Dooley as the next HC, he will be the laughingstock of all college AD's. At least he would appear semi-competent if he promoted from within to keep the continuity of a top 5 football team.