Author Topic: West World thread  (Read 36698 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: West World thread
« Reply #325 on: December 05, 2016, 06:56:58 PM »
hey we don't know how William and Delores's first interaction from 30 years ago ends.  when she gets wiped I bet she completely forgets him and he becomes disillusioned with westworld robots.  then we he says maeve mourning he thinks, "huh, maybe I was wrong.  I should try to save Delores."

read a book.

pretty much
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 05, 2016, 08:15:34 PM »
Well that was fun
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 06, 2016, 01:55:35 PM »
I finished up last night. I loved it, but was confused on a few parts. Maybe i'll start reading again for the first time since college and see if I can understand it better.  :D

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 06, 2016, 01:56:20 PM »
The show isn't based on a book

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 06, 2016, 01:56:51 PM »
I thought it was. Oh well.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: December 06, 2016, 01:58:52 PM »
Loosely based on a movie from the 70's.

There are lots of articles around though that may help clear things up.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 06, 2016, 02:00:17 PM »
vanity fair has the best synopsis.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 06, 2016, 02:06:04 PM »
Season two will probably suck ass, I have almost no hope for it with the way this ended.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 06, 2016, 02:25:40 PM »
why, lib? 

I think season 2 will be neat.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 06, 2016, 02:33:22 PM »
Seems like they blew everything for this season. All the human characters are dead. I guess maybe they could show William's outside life, but that doesn't interest me.

Maybe the bots living on their own in the park will be interesting.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 06, 2016, 02:44:04 PM »
There is still the question of whether Maeve (and the other hosts) is really sentient or if Ford just programmed her to rebel.

The hosts are going to (attempt to) get out of the park, maybe even go to over parks like Samari World and get those hosts to revolt as well.

Also, what happened to Elsie and Stubbs?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 06, 2016, 02:57:04 PM »
Maybe Ford is dead......but what about that host he was building in his basement?

Also I don't assume anyone is dead until I see their cold lifeless corpse.  Season 2 could start with a yuuuugeeee, violent delight.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 06, 2016, 03:13:01 PM »
There is still the question of whether Maeve (and the other hosts) is really sentient or if Ford just programmed her to rebel.

The hosts are going to (attempt to) get out of the park, maybe even go to over parks like Samari World and get those hosts to revolt as well.

Also, what happened to Elsie and Stubbs?
Ford programmed her to rebel and try to escape (and by doing so, create a diversion for WW security during his "big narrative"), but Maeve made a conscious decision to return to the park instead of stay on the train.  Like Maeve, modern day Delores consciously chose to kill Ford (unlike ye olden days delores who was programmed by arthur to kill arthur).

Delores and Maeve are absolutely conscious.   

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 06, 2016, 03:18:22 PM »
Are you sure that Ford didn't program Maeve to go back for her daughter? (And if "Park 1" is not WestWorld them maybe she adds confusion by going to another park, thus increasing the chaos of Ford's new narrative.)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 06, 2016, 03:25:05 PM »
 :buh-bye:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 06, 2016, 03:29:26 PM »
Are you sure that Ford didn't program Maeve to go back for her daughter? (And if "Park 1" is not WestWorld them maybe she adds confusion by going to another park, thus increasing the chaos of Ford's new narrative.)
yeah.  on her little storyline arc that Bernard showed her it said something like "mainland infiltration" as her last step.  she was supposed to go, chose not to.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 06, 2016, 03:54:46 PM »
yeah.  on her little storyline arc that Bernard showed her it said something like "mainland infiltration" as her last step.  she was supposed to go, chose not to.

Good catch, I thought it was cut off and Bernard kinda demurred there.
Is Maeve awoken now or just on the path.  Dolores certainly took a long time.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 06, 2016, 04:02:55 PM »
The host ford was building was probably the Ford that delivered his eff you all speech that delores murked.  Ford still alive.  Has to be.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 06, 2016, 04:10:56 PM »
The host ford was building was probably the Ford that delivered his eff you all speech that delores murked.  Ford still alive.  Has to be.
I'm wondering if he went the other way and let his human body go.  What better way to have control than to beat mortality.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 06, 2016, 05:03:38 PM »

Anthony Hopkins is not returning to this show. You know that right?

I kind of enjoyed the show. Felt it was way too complicated and a lot of stuff still doesn't make sense when you start peeling back layers. I don't like shows that are supposed to be "thought provoking" but actually reveal the opposite as you dig deeper.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: December 06, 2016, 05:31:06 PM »

Anthony Hopkins is not returning to this show. You know that right?

I kind of enjoyed the show. Felt it was way too complicated and a lot of stuff still doesn't make sense when you start peeling back layers. I don't like shows that are supposed to be "thought provoking" but actually reveal the opposite as you dig deeper.

Not for sure.  Interviews have been noncommittal.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 06, 2016, 05:37:28 PM »
What if Ford input his consciousness into a young-Ford robot? Then next season we get a CGI young Ford running around the whole season.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 06, 2016, 05:39:14 PM »
I haven't heard anything.  Just watched the show.  Too bad if he is gone.  He was great and the character is wonderful.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 06, 2016, 05:42:03 PM »
There will need to be a very large character introduced as opposition to Bernard/Arnold, dolores, william/MIB, etc.  All those are on team robot consciousness.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 06, 2016, 06:15:27 PM »
What if Ford input his consciousness into a young-Ford robot? Then next season we get a CGI young Ford running around the whole season.

I will shoot my television if this hack crap happens