Author Topic: West World thread  (Read 36695 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: West World thread
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2016, 10:26:42 AM »
3/4 groups at play
Storytellers
programmers
security
corporate.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2016, 10:42:04 AM »
3/4 groups at play
Storytellers: Anthony Hopkins
programmers: Beetee from Hunger Games
security: That hot security guy
corporate.: the chick who is screwing Beetee

Is that right?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2016, 10:44:01 AM »
3/4 groups at play
Storytellers
programmers
security
corporate.

Ford is in his own category: creator

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2016, 10:45:40 AM »
also the board is who the ceo/coo (woman screwing Bernard) reports to.  We don't know their motivations yet, we can assume they have some big disagreements with Ford.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2016, 10:49:36 AM »
lol, the board's motivation is to make money and to make sure the idiots working at the park don't screw up their business.  they're going to be risk averse and against anything that could jeopardize the operation, including ford's new storyline.

ford fits into the scientist category, not creator

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2016, 10:50:30 AM »
3/4 groups at play
Storytellers
programmers
security
corporate.

Ford is in his own category: creator

Ford (Anthony Hopkins) is creating storylines. The only other person creating storylines that I remember was that guy who tried to make a new one but Ford shot down his idea. Maybe there are others behind the scenes, but have they shown any others that have actually made storylines?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2016, 10:54:55 AM »
lol, the board's motivation is to make money and to make sure the idiots working at the park don't screw up their business.  they're going to be risk averse and against anything that could jeopardize the operation, including ford's new storyline.

obvs.  It is also obvious they are against Ford's more visionary/idealistic (expensive) ideas.  What we don't know is if they are planning a merger/trying to share the tech with outside sources or something else.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2016, 11:06:41 AM »

obvs.  It is also obvious they are against Ford's more visionary/idealistic (expensive) ideas.  What we don't know is if they are planning a merger/trying to share the tech with outside sources or something else.

what's also obvs is that you said we don't know what their motivations are, but what's also obvs is that we do. sorry, professor westworld.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2016, 11:18:05 AM »
Ford is "park director"
Bernie is "head of programming"
Bernies chick is "head of qa" handles security and guest experience, and probably maintenance
Storyline guy is" head of storylines"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2016, 11:23:10 AM »
Storyline guy is" head of storylines"

Who is this???

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2016, 11:26:21 AM »
The one who made the story that Ford rejected

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2016, 11:27:43 AM »

That guy is the head of storylines? He isn't very good at his job.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2016, 11:31:47 AM »

what's also obvs is that you said we don't know what their motivations are, but what's also obvs is that we do. sorry, professor westworld.

Simple bet-  the board has a motivation besides profit that is revealed this season. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2016, 11:33:00 AM »

What makes you think that? The guests seem to enjoy themselves

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2016, 11:34:54 AM »

The only storyline that he has proposed so far (that I have seen) got outright rejected and he spent a bunch of money making hosts for it before he even presented it. What a waste of money.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2016, 11:48:11 AM »

Simple bet-  the board has a motivation besides profit that is revealed this season. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

since that would make the least amount of sense, and in the spirit of Lost, i'm guessing you're right

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2016, 11:48:36 AM »
Only because the director is a weirdo

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2016, 10:33:36 AM »

The only storyline that he has proposed so far (that I have seen) got outright rejected and he spent a bunch of money making hosts for it before he even presented it. What a waste of money.

I think you are confusing story lines and narratives at the individual and town level with the direction of the entire 'world' that Ford is responsible for.  Note Ford destroying part of the old world to stuff for his new or evolved vision (with Islands). 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2016, 10:36:43 AM »
Also I'm really sold on the point I, and others have made, that Ed Harris/ Man in Black is the other creator.  Ford talks about him going mad in a quest.  MiB is looking for this maze and it seems like that is a broader idea for bot enlightenment.  In the 1 minute preview for next week MiB and Ford have a meeting where MiB talks about trying to find something real, I think the search for what is consciousness.

I also like how the Native Americans have incorporated the clean up crews into their religion and creator story.  I'd also note that previously the said one of the hosts had MRSA in it during cleanup, not exactly something to have splashed all over you dragging bodies around.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2016, 11:59:54 AM »

I think you are confusing story lines and narratives at the individual and town level with the direction of the entire 'world' that Ford is responsible for.  Note Ford destroying part of the old world to stuff for his new or evolved vision (with Islands).

Lee Sizemore is the guy that had a whole storyline planned but then Ford rejected it.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2016, 12:01:44 PM »
Ed Harris is not ford's original partner (blanking on the name), they made that pretty clear

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2016, 12:03:45 PM »
Ed Harris is not ford's original partner (blanking on the name), they made that pretty clear

Arnold

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2016, 10:38:06 PM »

Arnold

Don't know what Lib is watching because they haven't made that clear at all.  Ford says Arnold died in the park but doesn't say how, only relating it to his search for consciousness, alienation from people, and his proclivity for hanging out with bots.  Ford says they called it an accident, but notes that Arnold was very, very careful.  I see that as a hint that he plans to a crazy degree as well.  Keep in mind Ford also says in several episodes that Arnold went mad searching for consciousness.  "When the Legend becomes fact you print the legend."

Now the MiB is searching for this maze that is somehow related to the hosts's construction and head (see the scalping).  His search interwines with hints about the reveries/bots accessing memories/and elements of the real world bleeding into the narrative.  In the preview for Ep five Ford and MiB are meeting and MiB says he is searching for something real.  Further, MiB has been coming for 30 years, Ford says they have been working on this for 30 years.  All the signs are pointing towards MiB as Arnold if you are willing to believe that Arnold could have walked off the reservation and faked his death or at least has Ford covering for him.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2016, 11:05:56 PM »
All of that is malarkey

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2016, 11:30:45 PM »
Watched the first epi. This show is hot garbage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk