Author Topic: i give LittreLL 2 thumbs down  (Read 38323 times)

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
Re: i give LittreLL 2 thumbs down
« Reply #200 on: December 12, 2018, 11:19:58 AM »

From The Athletic for those interested in known loser Seth LittreLL

DENTON,? Texas? —? Not? long? after telling his? team Friday morning that he was staying? at? North Texas? and? spurning interest?? from Kansas State, Seth LittreLL was in the quarterback room, where players showed him a clip from “The Wolf of Wall Street.”

In the clip, Leonardo DiCaprio’s character delivers a speech declaring, “I’m not leaving!” Someone superimposed LittreLL’s head onto DiCaprio and UNT players onto other people in the scene. The players loved it and shared it on social media. The quarterbacks told LittreLL that’s what he should have done.

In the movie,” LittreLL joked Tuesday. “They said, ‘Coach, this is what you should have done.’ If I’d have known that, I would’ve. That would have been awesome. It was pretty fun.”

LittreLL is 23-16 in three years since taking over a 1-11 program after the 2015 season. He has guided the Mean Green to three consecutive bowl games and two consecutive nine-win seasons. That draws the interest of Power 5 schools during the coaching carousel.

Texas Tech was thought to be a possibility because LittreLL had coached there before, but the Red Raiders hired Matt Wells from Utah State — coincidentally, North Texas’ opponent in Saturday’s New Mexico Bowl. Kansas State was also interested in LittreLL. KCTV in Kansas City reported that talks broke down because LittreLL wanted to bring his full staff. There’s also a belief that LittreLL would be interested in Oklahoma, his alma mater, if Lincoln Riley were to leave for the NFL, making a buyout an important factor.

Kansas State hired North Dakota State’s Chris Klieman on Monday night, meaning all Power 5 jobs are now filled. LittreLL is set to stay in Denton, and he’s returning to a lot, with only two offensive starters graduating after this season and star quarterback Mason Fine back. Offensive coordinator Graham Harrell is also expected to return, turning down interest elsewhere. An indoor practice facility is set to open next year. The 2019 season should be another big one for North Texas.

LittreLL spoke with The Athletic on Tuesday about his decision to return. He would not get into specifics about Kansas State, but he made clear what he has. This interview has been edited for length and clarity.

Do the players know what’s going on and hear the job rumors?

It’s hard not to. With social media, everybody has a rumor and a voice. Some of it’s true; most of it’s not. I tell our guys they’ll be the first to know. If it comes out of my mouth is the most important thing. My guys understand I’ve always shot them straight. We have a relationship where we can communicate that. It can be challenging to focus, whether it’s a coaching change, something in the season, expectations. We have to make sure we’re listening to the voice in that room every day and understand. They did a great job handling everything.

What was your message to them?

My message was I want to be here. There’s been a lot of rumors out there. I’m always going to make sure they understand I got a family; we’re all family. There are certain situations you may look at, but I have an unbelievable place here. We love it here as a family. To be honest, now’s not the time. We still have a lot to accomplish here. Look what we have returning. We’re losing some great teammates, but we have so much returning, we’re in a good spot.

Kansas State hired Chris Klieman the other night. What can you say about your conversations with Kansas State?

I don’t talk about other opportunities. I really don’t. Here’s why: Once you comment one time, you’re always going to (be asked). All I’m talking about is our situation here, the special place it is, the special things we’re doing. A lot of times, some rumors are true, some aren’t. It’s not worth even talking about, out of respect for not only our university but others as well. I’m not going to ever comment on that.

What does your staff mean to you?

A lot, obviously. It’s a great group. The work they’ve put in, this group has had a lot of opportunities to move on. They’re going to continue to. They’re great coaching, well-deserving, just like our players. We’re a pretty tight group. I do believe we all feel the same, that this is a special place and it would take something very special for us to move on. My coaches know I want what’s best for them and their families. If there are certain opportunities that come up that are best for them, I’ll do everything in my power to support that. But they understand where we’re at, what we’re trying to accomplish, and that’s why we’ve been able to keep great coaches here.

How important is it for a coach to be able to have his own guys?

Continuity, chemistry, the more turnover you have, the less stability you have. New guys come in and have to re-coach your culture, your expectations, your systems, the relationships. So much goes into it other than Xs and Os. Anytime you lose somebody, you have to re-coach. That’s challenging, but it’s part of the profession. It’s been huge here, having the continuity with coaches and players.

Do you expect Graham to be back?

I expect Graham to be back. Graham’s turned down a lot of opportunities. I know he feels the same way about this university, what we’re trying to accomplish. I feel like we have a special group coming back offensively. We lose two starters up front but should have everybody back. Make no mistake, we understand we have something special. We can do big-time things here.

Do experiences talking with other schools help you realize what matters most to you as a head coach in terms of what you need?

Every experience is unique. You’re always learning and growing. It doesn’t open my eyes to what we have. I haven’t doubted what we have here. I’ve never doubted this place is special. I don’t doubt it when I take my kids to school. They’re developing, they love it. It goes deeper, in the community. A lot goes into it with your family. Uprooting and moving your children, making them adjust. With any of these opportunities, here, assistant coaches, I was an offensive coordinator that moved, there’s a lot that goes into it. Unless it’s something you truly feel is that much better or something you can’t refuse, then why do it? I feel like we are building something really special here. I have a vision of what this place is and can be. I love it.

What was the reaction in recruiting?

It’s been great. They hear rumors, too. People recruit against us. Every year I’ve been here, after Year One, people say I’m not going to be here. All you can do is shoot people straight, tell them where you’re at. I’m always going to. Whether it’s recruiting or our team and coaches, I’m going to shoot you straight. I’m not going to lie to you. Your word is all you have.

With everything here, from your relationship with athletic director Wren Baker to new facilities coming, is it going to take something above and beyond to get you to leave?

I think we’ve proven that the past couple years. I’m here for a reason. If I didn’t believe this place could be special, if I didn’t believe in what we’re doing here, I wouldn’t be here. That oughta be loud enough.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 12, 2018, 01:14:55 PM »
If Seth really was planning to bring his entire staff to KSU, GT was right to shut it down.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 12, 2018, 01:21:53 PM »
We'll see in the next 1-2 years if LittreLL made a mistake by demanding too much.  Sounds like a hell of an offer was on the table.  He cannot afford to regress at North Texas.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 12, 2018, 08:45:46 PM »
We'll see in the next 1-2 years if LittreLL made a mistake by demanding too much.  Sounds like a hell of an offer was on the table.  He cannot afford to regress at North Texas.

With the completion in the crappy conference they're in, it should not be a problem. 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 12, 2018, 09:47:41 PM »
He wants OU if Riley is out for the NFL and didn’t like our buyout. Over it now.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 12, 2018, 09:53:10 PM »
If OU plucks him from North Texas, I will eat my hat.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 12, 2018, 09:54:30 PM »
So will I, but name their top 5 right now.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 12, 2018, 09:54:32 PM »
If OU plucks him from North Texas, I will eat my hat.

Quoted so we can COD
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2018, 09:54:51 PM »

Quoted for COD

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 12, 2018, 09:56:16 PM »
I will eat fish sperm if he is hired as the HC of OU within the next 2 years.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2018, 09:56:46 PM »
^illusory promise

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2018, 10:02:50 PM »
^illusory promise

Real quote before ^^^^ this edit

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 12, 2018, 10:11:06 PM »
He wants OU if Riley is out for the NFL

Well he should have taken the K-State job then, but Gene didn't want him anyway, probably for the same reason that Kirby didn't either.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2018, 10:19:22 PM »

I defer to j rake on that, but OU has got to be a top 5 (at very least top 10) job right now.  It seems unnecessary for them to hire any replacement who isn't currently having success at the P5 level.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 12, 2018, 10:25:00 PM »
He wants OU if Riley is out for the NFL

Well he should have taken the K-State job then, but Gene didn't want him anyway, probably for the same reason that Kirby didn't either.
Yup

I defer to j rake on that, but OU has got to be a top 5 (at very least top 10) job right now.  It seems unnecessary for them to hire any replacement who isn't currently having success at the P5 level.
Oh, I agree. But what I heard is he was freaked out by the buyout.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2018, 10:30:09 PM »
That's a pretty loser mentality if he thinks OU would pass him up because they're not willing to pay his buyout.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 12, 2018, 10:37:21 PM »
He obviously knows he’s not the cream of the crop for them right now and wants to secure potential future status, but he definitely used us in a way and it’s whatever. It happens.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2018, 02:16:20 PM »
North Texas currently getting their dicks kicked in.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i give LittreLL 2 thumbs down
« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2018, 02:17:00 PM »
Can you imagine how duped we would be feeling right now?

Thank goodness GT reads gE.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2018, 02:18:32 PM »
Mean Green getting trucked 28-7 by Mormon Aggie mid 2nd quarter.  Fine is hurt for UNT.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2018, 02:18:40 PM »
LittreLL’s team looks like a bunch of chickens that got caught in a tractor’s nuts right now
KU made the better hire....Miles is a sure fire grantee

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2018, 02:22:16 PM »
Geez. What a giant loser.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2018, 02:35:13 PM »
Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2018, 02:43:47 PM »
Welp we need to add another L to his name.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2018, 02:47:04 PM »
Thank god for Gene Taylor. He saved us from ourselves.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best