Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 247263 times)

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #1750 on: July 23, 2012, 11:47:36 AM »
Isn't the NCAA just a club that can just kick people out if they feel like? I don't see how the government could have any jurisdiction over their membership policies, beyond ensuring they are non-discriminatory.

Not really.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: July 23, 2012, 11:49:07 AM »
Isn't the NCAA just a club that can just kick people out if they feel like? I don't see how the government could have any jurisdiction over their membership policies, beyond ensuring they are non-discriminatory.

Not really.

well, they can set rules up that allow them to kick out members, right?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: July 23, 2012, 11:57:18 AM »
If the stuff that's coming out from the Penn State blogs and message boards today are any indication of their fanbase's overall current disposition, then the NCAA didn't go far enough.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: July 23, 2012, 11:57:43 AM »

Not really.

well, they can set rules up that allow them to kick out members, right?

Of course.  A fact I am sure they brought to PSU's attention when discussing penalties.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: July 23, 2012, 12:14:34 PM »
If the stuff that's coming out from the Penn State blogs and message boards today are any indication of their fanbase's overall current disposition, then the NCAA didn't go far enough.

If Snyder was caught in the exact same situation, you don't think GPC'rs would defend him to the end?

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: July 23, 2012, 12:23:10 PM »
The QB in Paterno's last official win was Mike McQueary.

Perfect

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: July 23, 2012, 12:26:20 PM »

If Snyder was caught in the exact same situation, you don't think GPC'rs would defend him to the end?

But at least there is a fair share of our fanbase that would be disgraced by it. Their fanbase is 98%  :powerespect: whereas ours is probably 75%

Offline EMAWgeddon

• Combo-Fan
  • Go away, I'm walking on sunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: July 23, 2012, 12:26:54 PM »
To sum up my State College weekend:

Penn Staters are weird

Still selling JoePa crap everywhere, town is still a shrine to him

I slept in and missed the statue removal

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: July 23, 2012, 12:42:44 PM »
PSUFitz reporting that players have 10 days to decide if they are transfering to get the exemption. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: July 23, 2012, 12:45:50 PM »

But at least there is a fair share of our fanbase that would be disgraced by it. Their fanbase is 98%  :powerespect: whereas ours is probably 75%

Oh, believe me, the shitstorm on GPC and KSF would be unbearable. But I'd say damn near all of this board would want Snyder's head on a platter, and we're definitely not an insignificant representation of the KSU fanbase. There are a number of "silent majority*" fans who would recoil pretty readily as well.

*fans who aren't entirely vocal and occasionally trend towards tuck-y but aren't entirely blind either.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: July 23, 2012, 12:46:12 PM »
PSUFitz reporting that players have 10 days to decide if they are transfering to get the exemption.

they get another chance after this season, too.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: July 23, 2012, 12:49:15 PM »

Oh, believe me, the shitstorm on GPC and KSF would be unbearable. But I'd say damn near all of this board would want Snyder's head on a platter, and we're definitely not an insignificant representation of the KSU fanbase. There are a number of "silent majority*" fans who would recoil pretty readily as well.

*fans who aren't entirely vocal and occasionally trend towards tuck-y but aren't entirely blind either.

It would be weird seeing OK_Cat show signs of tuckism.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: July 23, 2012, 12:56:15 PM »
For anyone interested in the NCAA's wording/specifics of all the santions:

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/20120723/21207232

Specifics highlights:
*$60MM fine is actually $12MM fine every year for 5 years
*The 15 initial scholarship limit is for 2013, 2014, 2015, & 2016 seasons
*The 65 man scholarship limit is for 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017 seasons

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: July 23, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »
The Paterno Family need to really hire a PR firm or just shut up:

Paterno family: NCAA sanctions are a 'panicked response' and 'defame the legacy and contributions' of late coach - @cnn http://bit.ly/QsyOXz
RIP Fatty

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: July 23, 2012, 01:00:35 PM »

I think K-State/Snyder is the most apt comparison to JoePa/PSU in college football and even then, Penn St at least twice that between a 50 year tenure and national championships.  Yea, this board would be calling for his head, but we would be sitting near a 2 to 1 split in favor of Snyder apologists

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: July 23, 2012, 01:02:08 PM »

I think K-State/Snyder is the most apt comparison to JoePa/PSU in college football and even then, Penn St at least twice that between a 50 year tenure and national championships.  Yea, this board would be calling for his head, but we would be sitting near a 2 to 1 split in favor of Snyder apologists

In which case I wouldn't be able to blame anyone for wanting to #burnitdown

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: July 23, 2012, 01:03:31 PM »

i feel like my kids were just raped by paterno, curley, schultz & spanier.

:nono:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: July 23, 2012, 01:03:51 PM »
i cant imagine what its like to be a level headed PSU fan right now. id have to leave the internets.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: July 23, 2012, 01:05:38 PM »
i cant imagine what its like to be a level headed PSU fan right now. id have to leave the internets.

It's bbs heaven for everyone else.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: July 23, 2012, 01:05:44 PM »

They're all on TheMainboard right now.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: July 23, 2012, 01:06:42 PM »

This board can be very loud.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: July 23, 2012, 01:12:49 PM »

i feel like my kids were just raped by paterno, curley, schultz & spanier.

:nono:

^^  That guy also made a 9/11 reference in his post.    :sdeek:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: July 23, 2012, 01:13:56 PM »
where are you finding these quotes?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: July 23, 2012, 01:14:55 PM »
where are you finding these quotes?

penn state rivals and scout boards. their sbnation blog is where the intelligent idiots go.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile