Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 247181 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #725 on: November 10, 2011, 11:10:02 AM »
Lets me clarify something.  Posnanski was writing a book about Paterno right now, and he's getting access to him for a fluff piece.  Then all this crap came down.  He's getting an amazing opportunity to do some real journalism.  I'm not sure if Posnanski is up to it.  He'll need to re-evaluate what he's doing.  

Best biz move would be to write two books now.  The good and the bad.  Then everyone would buy.

Also, he needs to publish it like, tomorrow.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 10, 2011, 11:12:37 AM »
Yeah, really Hope JoePo really digs in for some in-depth reporting of this deal involving Sandusky, PSU and JoePa. I would def. read.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 10, 2011, 11:12:57 AM »
getnickwright nick wright
People asking why McQueary has a job, it's almost assuredly because he was the "whistle blower" on this thing. If they fire him, he can sue.

BSAC confirm?

the POS should never coach again. This is a joke.

Not BSAC but can confirm that whistle blowers are protected, although I'm not sure that would apply here.  Even if it did the cash settlement would be worth the cost of letting him go, they have to white wash that program.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 10, 2011, 11:13:58 AM »
Penn State fans believing in Santa Claus since 1966

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 10, 2011, 11:15:21 AM »
People asking why McQueary has a job, it's almost assuredly because he was the "whistle blower" on this thing. If they fire him, he can sue.

BSAC confirm?

why?  (this isn't because i knew him at one point)

This isn't a football issue.  It's a horrible set of events that happened around football, but it's not a football issue. 

A football coach molesting children caught by a football coaching assistant in a football complex covered up by the football teams administration.

Yup, not a football issue. You are totally right OK cat.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 10, 2011, 11:16:10 AM »
Who will play JoePa in the movie?  I vote Mark Paul-Gossllaaalaaaarrr.   :crossfingers:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 10, 2011, 11:18:51 AM »

BSAC confirm?

This isn't a football issue.  It's a horrible set of events that happened around football, but it's not a football issue. 

A football coach molesting children caught by a football coaching assistant in a football complex covered up by the football teams administration.

Not a football issue, dumbass.  Do you think the football team will face NCAA sanctions?  No.  The key figures are on the football staff, but it's not a story about football and never has been.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 10, 2011, 11:19:36 AM »
Another question would be how long have the BoR known about all of this?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 10, 2011, 11:19:43 AM »
Who will play JoePa in the movie?  I vote Mark Paul-Gossllaaalaaaarrr.   :crossfingers:

Robert Denerio is the only one who could do it.

Justin Bieber as the kid from 2002?  :dunno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 10, 2011, 11:21:53 AM »

BSAC confirm?

Not BSAC but can confirm that whistle blowers are protected, although I'm not sure that would apply here.  Even if it did the cash settlement would be worth the cost of letting him go, they have to white wash that program.

Would it apply here, though?  I mean, he didn't blow the whistle on something the Ath Dept or School was doing.  It was an individual's actions that weren't related to the school. 

Honest Q.  Not a lawyer.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: November 10, 2011, 11:23:14 AM »

BSAC confirm?

Not a football issue, dumbass.  Do you think the football team will face NCAA sanctions?  No.  The key figures are on the football staff, but it's not a story about football and never has been.

Yup. Totally right there OK cat. It's definitely not a football issue. That's why the head football coach was fired, because it's such a non-football issue.

Dumbass.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 10, 2011, 11:23:36 AM »

BSAC confirm?

It's a football issue in the respect that the head coach needed to be fired. Of course there won't be NCAA sanctions. Nobody is saying there should be.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 10, 2011, 11:23:59 AM »
Lets me clarify something.  Posnanski was writing a book about Paterno right now, and he's getting access to him for a fluff piece.  Then all this crap came down.  He's getting an amazing opportunity to do some real journalism.  I'm not sure if Posnanski is up to it.  He'll need to re-evaluate what he's doing.  

JoPa is also a lifelong idol of Posnanski's, I can understand his conflicting emotions right now.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 10, 2011, 11:25:25 AM »

BSAC confirm?

Yup. Totally right there OK cat. It's definitely not a football issue. That's why the head football coach was fired, because it's such a non-football issue.

Dumbass.

Which is why there were riots and protests last night.  The general public and the media goons wanted blood, and the board of trustees buckled.  If people really cared about this story, they'd be more worried about forming angry mobs and finding sandusky.  You know, the real criminal.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 10, 2011, 11:26:44 AM »
Definitely Leo DiCaprio

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 10, 2011, 11:27:48 AM »
OK_Cat if you think people need pitchforks to go after Sandusky, you clearly aren't comprehending the story. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 10, 2011, 11:28:27 AM »
The thing that pisses me off about the general public in all of this is that people use knee-jerk reactions to jump to conclusions. 

the thing that pisses me off is the anal rape of a 10 year old. but that's just me.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 10, 2011, 11:30:05 AM »

BSAC confirm?

Dumbass.

Which is why there were riots and protests last night.  The general public and the media goons wanted blood, and the board of trustees buckled.  If people really cared about this story, they'd be more worried about forming angry mobs and finding sandusky.  You know, the real criminal.

Those "riots" and "protests" were Penn State students Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). Who were so loyal to JoePa they didn't want him fired. They were a little biased, no?

Your buddy doesn't deserve to coach because he is a piece of crap and can never be trusted to do the right thing. It's pretty simple, regardless of whether this is a "football issue" or not.

But go ahead, keep being edgy and disagreeing with everyone else for the sake of edginess.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 10, 2011, 11:32:19 AM »
Don't worry OK_cat, Sandusky will get what is coming to him. He is allegedly responsible for a long history of horrible, horrible things. But the people who knew about it happening, and continued to facilitate the monster is the real crime, imo

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 10, 2011, 11:33:02 AM »
The thing that pisses me off about the general public in all of this is that people use knee-jerk reactions to jump to conclusions. 

the thing that pisses me off is the anal rape of a 10 year old 20 or so significantly underage boys. but that's just me.
:adios:

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 10, 2011, 11:33:26 AM »
There are two JoPa scenarios here:

1. He knew and was complicit in covering for Sandusky.

2. He didn't know anything about it.

Both are grounds for termination. And No. 2 is really, really hard to believe. I suppose it's possible though incredibly unlikely.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 10, 2011, 11:35:04 AM »

BSAC confirm?

Dumbass.

Those "riots" and "protests" were Penn State students Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). Who were so loyal to JoePa they didn't want him fired. They were a little biased, no?

Your buddy doesn't deserve to coach because he is a piece of crap and can never be trusted to do the right thing. It's pretty simple, regardless of whether this is a "football issue" or not.

But go ahead, keep being edgy and disagreeing with everyone else for the sake of edginess.

Not being edgy, moron.  I disagree with you because I can step back from the situation and see the big picture.  You're so hell-bent on everyone who knew sandusky to be burned at the stake that you aren't making any sense.  What about the janitors?  You haven't said anything about how they should never be allowed to be janitors ever again.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 10, 2011, 11:36:09 AM »
There are two JoPa scenarios here:

1. He knew and was complicit in covering for Sandusky.

2. He didn't know anything about it.

Both are grounds for termination. And No. 2 is really, really hard to believe. I suppose it's possible though incredibly unlikely.

CNSCasey CNSCasey
Complicit or Incompetent. #Joepa please pic one. #Pennstate
8 Nov

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 10, 2011, 11:38:04 AM »
What about the janitors?  You haven't said anything about how they should never be allowed to be janitors ever again.

If they saw it, and didn't tell the police, are they not complicit?  Accessories after the fact? Low legal IQ here, but shouldn't they be prosecuted?
:adios:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 10, 2011, 11:39:01 AM »
the janitors should be fired too!!!