Author Topic: KU Fans Become Enraged By Titletown, Meltdown All Over The Internet  (Read 171448 times)

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Guys, I did some research tonight. Did you know 4 teams make it to the Final 4 every year? Every single year. Which means there's been like a thousand of them. But guess what? Only 4 schools EVER have accomplished the Triple Crown. EVER!!

but a national championship trumps that soooo congrats :)

Okay, let me explain this to you like I would to a 5 year old. In baseball, basketball and football, three national championships are given out per year (one in each). So over the past twenty years, sixty have been given out (because 3 times 20 equals sixty). In the past twenty years, a Triple Crown has only been accomplished 4 times. So if one accomplishment has happened 60 times in the past 20 years, and on has only happened 4 times, when one do you think is tougher to do? I, and anyone with common sense, would assume the one that happens less is a greater accomplishment. But if you want to keep pumping sunshine about how important national championships are, I guess I can't stop you.

Conference titles are just the appetizer before the main course.  I would love to explain to you guys what it's like to win a national championship, but until you win one, you just can't understand the feeling.  Maybe we can set up a tour of Champ City for you guys next time you roll through town!
funny story, I actually live in "champ city", so no real reason to set up a tour.  I witness the effect of 3MAW everyday. matter of fact, I had lunch with a client on tuesday that's tasked with selling advertising for ku sports. he was telling us how hard it is now that they have to go to some of the same businesses as k-state and try to answer an impossible question: "why is it you guys try to charge me twice as much as k-state when they just won a conference championship in all three major sports on a fraction of the budget?". he's a good dude and I really felt for him but I was also turning red trying not to roflcopter my ass off all over the restaurant.

cool story bro...and if the clients are willing to pay a high price for KU then that sounds like a smart business move by KU ;)
yeah they're not anymore...that's the point. the poor get poorer...whilst having to try to explain why they're so poor. it's really pretty depressing. :(

lol KU is doing juuuuuuuust fine
everyone is jealous

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Guys, I did some research tonight. Did you know 4 teams make it to the Final 4 every year? Every single year. Which means there's been like a thousand of them. But guess what? Only 4 schools EVER have accomplished the Triple Crown. EVER!!

but a national championship trumps that soooo congrats :)

Okay, let me explain this to you like I would to a 5 year old. In baseball, basketball and football, three national championships are given out per year (one in each). So over the past twenty years, sixty have been given out (because 3 times 20 equals sixty). In the past twenty years, a Triple Crown has only been accomplished 4 times. So if one accomplishment has happened 60 times in the past 20 years, and on has only happened 4 times, when one do you think is tougher to do? I, and anyone with common sense, would assume the one that happens less is a greater accomplishment. But if you want to keep pumping sunshine about how important national championships are, I guess I can't stop you.

Conference titles are just the appetizer before the main course.  I would love to explain to you guys what it's like to win a national championship, but until you win one, you just can't understand the feeling.  Maybe we can set up a tour of Champ City for you guys next time you roll through town!
funny story, I actually live in "champ city", so no real reason to set up a tour.  I witness the effect of 3MAW everyday. matter of fact, I had lunch with a client on tuesday that's tasked with selling advertising for ku sports. he was telling us how hard it is now that they have to go to some of the same businesses as k-state and try to answer an impossible question: "why is it you guys try to charge me twice as much as k-state when they just won a conference championship in all three major sports on a fraction of the budget?". he's a good dude and I really felt for him but I was also turning red trying not to roflcopter my ass off all over the restaurant.

cool story bro...and if the clients are willing to pay a high price for KU then that sounds like a smart business move by KU ;)
yeah they're not anymore...that's the point. the poor get poorer...whilst having to try to explain why they're so poor. it's really pretty depressing. :(

lol KU is doing juuuuuuuust fine
:blindfold:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: KU Fans Become Enraged By Titletown, Meltdown All Over The Internet
« Reply #1277 on: May 24, 2013, 09:52:07 PM »
Exactly how many pages does it take to properly address the level of butthurtedness coming out of Lawrence?

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 24, 2013, 10:04:55 PM »
Exactly how many pages does it take to properly address the level of butthurtedness coming out of Lawrence?

go look at the very first post of this thread
everyone is jealous

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 24, 2013, 10:18:17 PM »
The 3MAW stuff would carry a lot more weight if KU didn't have three (or four depending on how you look at it) Big 12 titles of our own this year.  Just another season in the books for big bro.  We only celebrate national titles here at Champ City.

What are you talking about?

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: May 24, 2013, 10:19:53 PM »
lawrence is TITLETOWN
everyone is jealous

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: May 24, 2013, 10:22:22 PM »
it's like all of gE is posting to a poster with the approximate intelligence level of a wall

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: May 24, 2013, 10:23:48 PM »

go look at the very first post of this thread
Thank God I also looked at the second post. You almost tricked me.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: May 24, 2013, 11:10:07 PM »
Mods can we change "ljmhawk" to "timhawk"?  It looks practically the same but is easier to say in your head.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: May 24, 2013, 11:13:18 PM »
Mods can we change "ljmhawk" to "timhawk"?  It looks practically the same but is easier to say in your head.

haha
everyone is jealous

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 24, 2013, 11:21:25 PM »

You can't make fun of his wheels.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: May 24, 2013, 11:39:47 PM »

You can't make fun of his wheels.

are you talking about his car or wheelchair?
everyone is jealous

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 25, 2013, 12:24:53 AM »
Since Beems' butthurt burns so brightly, I assume that's why he burns out periodically and deleted his account. Or maybe it's like a supernova of butthurt...

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: May 25, 2013, 03:09:31 AM »
But what about the 5 stars?

The only 5 stars he could have been referring to would be Crist and Heaps.

Justin McCray, heaps, that Martin guy who plays DE, Marquel combs...need I go on?

Please do.

Good grief, what does a guy have to do to get you to "go on" about the rest of your "five stars"?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: May 25, 2013, 03:15:14 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't spracne been around for quite a while as a pretty average/shitty poster? Because he really turned it on like donkey kong lately

He had a decent meltdown about someone making an MS joke and then Dlew served him up something fierce about being a hypocritical whiner and then he left for almost a year.  He apparently learned from his PIing.
Spracne is my opus.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: May 25, 2013, 05:11:37 AM »
now up to 52 pages

Timhawk, I think if nothing else, the one thing we all can agree on is that 52 pages of KU butthurt over 3MAW once and for all proves our non-rivalry.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: May 25, 2013, 08:46:20 AM »
now up to 52 pages

Timhawk, I think if nothing else, the one thing we all can agree on is that 52 pages of KU butthurt over 3MAW once and for all proves our non-rivalry.

Yep, with resident ku fans racking up posts at a record pace on this board, and numerous flashpoints of ku outrage regarding 3MAW across the Internet; we're pretty much going to have call this a non rivalry, a rivalry.

lol rivalry? ksu has beat KU what... like 3-5 times in the past 15 years? in order to be a rivalry you need to win every once in a while
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 08:50:27 AM by ljmhawk »
everyone is jealous

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
KU Fans Become Enraged By Titletown, Meltdown All Over The Internet
« Reply #1292 on: May 25, 2013, 08:48:44 AM »
titletown is like bath salts to them. pure rage.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: May 25, 2013, 09:08:24 AM »
titletown is like bath salts to them. pure rage.

Its pretty visceral

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: May 25, 2013, 09:31:02 AM »
Half of me wants to not win all the Dr. Peppers so KU fans don't have to hate their lives anymore.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
KU Fans Become Enraged By Titletown, Meltdown All Over The Internet
« Reply #1295 on: May 25, 2013, 09:39:50 AM »
Half of me wants to not win all the Dr. Peppers so KU fans don't have to hate their lives anymore.

The mother of my friend(KU fan) called me a couple nights ago and asked me if I would stop wearing Titletown apparel around her son. She said he comes home in tears and beats their family pet every time I do. They have a dashound. :frown:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: May 25, 2013, 09:44:09 AM »
now up to 52 pages

Yep, with resident ku fans racking up posts at a record pace on this board, and numerous flashpoints of ku outrage regarding 3MAW across the Internet; we're pretty much going to have call this a non rivalry, a rivalry.

lol rivalry? ksu has beat KU what... like 3-5 times in the past 15 years? in order to be a rivalry you need to win every once in a while

There you go again tim, only thinking about one sport.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: May 25, 2013, 09:58:45 AM »
now up to 52 pages

They just don't understand.  And that's what underlies their rage.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: May 25, 2013, 10:26:10 AM »

The mother of my friend(KU fan) called me a couple nights ago and asked me if I would stop wearing Titletown apparel around her son. She said he comes home in tears and beats their family pet every time I do. They have a dashound. :frown:

:( poor hound

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: May 25, 2013, 10:32:29 AM »
now up to 52 pages

probably because we are on that one sports thread dummy
everyone is jealous