Author Topic: KU Fans Become Enraged By Titletown, Meltdown All Over The Internet  (Read 170325 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: TITLETOWN
« Reply #750 on: May 19, 2013, 03:33:04 PM »
1. KSU - Obvious. titletown. domination in all three major sports.
2. OU - High level football. ranked baseball. medium hoops.
3. OSU - Good football and hoops and decent baseball. strong all around.
4. Baylor - Decent football. Decent basketball. Baseball competitive.
5. Texas - Ended football season on a high note. look strong going into this season. baseball and basketball are garbage but football is really all that matters in major college athletics.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 19, 2013, 03:34:22 PM »
this is too easy
everyone is jealous

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 19, 2013, 03:37:43 PM »
5. Texas - Ended football season on a high note. look strong going into this season. baseball and basketball are garbage but football is really all that matters in major college athletics.

Honorable mention to TCU, having purple as your school color gives you a +1

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: TITLETOWN
« Reply #753 on: May 19, 2013, 03:42:35 PM »

Sorry, they had a trash basketball team. Can't be considered.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 19, 2013, 03:49:07 PM »
I'm getting mixed messages from some of these KU fans.  They seem super proud of their streak of 9 conference titles in a single sport (billboards on I-70, etc.), but seem really angry that K-State is celebrating the exceptionally rare feat of three conference titles in the three biggest sports in a single season.

So, are conference titles important or not?  :dunno:

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 19, 2013, 03:51:52 PM »
I'm getting mixed messages from some of these KU fans.  They seem super proud of their streak of 9 conference titles in a single sport (billboards on I-70, etc.), but seem really angry that K-State is celebrating the exceptionally rare feat of three conference titles in the three biggest sports in a single season.

yes they are important but a conference title is all Kstate can look forward to! their postseason success in non-existent
everyone is jealous

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 19, 2013, 03:53:24 PM »

yes they are important but a conference title is all Kstate can look forward to! their postseason success in non-existent

I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 19, 2013, 03:55:34 PM »
If you aren't a top 25 football team you can't be in the conversation

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 19, 2013, 04:03:29 PM »
I am being deadly serious when I say this:  I would rather win the Big 12 in football, than go to the final four in basketball. 

George Mason went the final four a couple years ago.   Flukes happen in the NCAA tournament....like KU losing to Bucknell, Bradley, or Northern Iowa.  Judging success based upon some flukey tournament is silly...KU fans should be the first to acknowledge that.  They were far better than some of those schools who have knocked them out of the basketball tournament so many times over the years.

Winning the Big 12 in football can never be fluked.  You get an entire season full of winning in top conference in the most important sport in America.  Very, very little can compare to that.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 19, 2013, 04:03:45 PM »

Sorry, they had a trash basketball team. Can't be considered.

True enough.  They didn't beat anybody.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 19, 2013, 04:27:11 PM »
Isn't ljmhawk the Ichabod guy?
:adios:

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 19, 2013, 04:31:33 PM »
I am being deadly serious when I say this:  I would rather win the Big 12 in football, than go to the final four in basketball. 

George Mason went the final four a couple years ago.   Flukes happen in the NCAA tournament....like KU losing to Bucknell, Bradley, or Northern Iowa.  Judging success based upon some flukey tournament is silly...KU fans should be the first to acknowledge that.  They were far better than some of those schools who have knocked them out of the basketball tournament so many times over the years.

Winning the Big 12 in football can never be fluked.  You get an entire season full of winning in top conference in the most important sport in America.  Very, very little can compare to that.

you'd rather win the big 12 in football and get smoked in your bowl game than make the final four? lol ok buddy
everyone is jealous

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 19, 2013, 04:32:03 PM »
Isn't ljmhawk the Ichabod guy?

no I'm not
everyone is jealous

Offline Fill My Bill

• Fan
  • party
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 19, 2013, 04:47:04 PM »
The KU fans are extra active online now that JCCC students are out for the summer.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 04:51:28 PM by Fill My Bill »

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 19, 2013, 04:52:02 PM »
I am so confused as to why KU fans call our football title shared, but their bball title isn't. JFC the same thing happened in both.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: May 19, 2013, 05:18:27 PM »

you'd rather win the big 12 in football and get smoked in your bowl game than make the final four? lol ok buddy

Yes I would, much tougher to win a big xii football championship, ku fans should understand this better than anyone.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 19, 2013, 05:19:09 PM »
I am so confused as to why KU fans call our football title shared, but their bball title isn't. JFC the same thing happened in both.

KU fans are the most hypocritical group in college sports fyi

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 19, 2013, 05:26:11 PM »

Yes I would, much tougher to win a big xii football championship, ku fans should understand this better than anyone.

final four is tougher than winning big 12 in football buddy
everyone is jealous

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 19, 2013, 05:28:03 PM »

I haven't heard anyone say our basketball titke isn't shared because it is. but we went 3-0 against ksu just like you beat OU but had same record
everyone is jealous

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 19, 2013, 05:28:21 PM »

Wichita State, George Mason, etc.
:adios:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 19, 2013, 05:31:29 PM »

100 times yes absolutely always. bowl games are completely unpredictable and basically meaningless other than the natty. and basketball...pfffft...basketball. please. football is and will always be the most important college sport by a long stretch.  1 million times harder to win the big 12 football in round robin format than get to the final 4.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 19, 2013, 05:31:47 PM »

Wichita State, George Mason, etc.

if the final four is so easy then why hasn't Kstate been there recently?
everyone is jealous

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 19, 2013, 05:34:32 PM »

100 times yes absolutely always. bowl games are completely unpredictable and basically meaningless other than the natty. and basketball...pfffft...basketball. please. football is and will always be the most important college sport by a long stretch.  1 million times harder to win the big 12 football in round robin format than get to the final 4.

lol so beating maybe 1-2 good teams in football is greater than beating 3-4 great basketball teams to get to the final four? lol ok buddy. the final four is prestigious...winning your fball conference is not unless it's the mighty SEC
everyone is jealous

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
TITLETOWN
« Reply #773 on: May 19, 2013, 05:34:53 PM »
Do you guys think we will be the last BCS program to win a Titletown?

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 19, 2013, 05:38:40 PM »
Do you guys think we will be the last BCS program to win a Titletown?

you'll be the last BCS program to win a title period.
everyone is jealous