Author Topic: Pharmaceutical Companies being giant POS  (Read 7448 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Pharmaceutical Companies being giant POS
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2020, 11:37:17 PM »
I overcame it, bud. It was 5 years of bullshit, but I did it. Kinda what this country is about.

maybe we can chalk up the unfortunately easy life of 22 year old recent graduates as a price we're willing to pay so that others who need to work the same jobs to survive can live a life of dignity?
I guess I’m just bitter and still paying for it. 2008 class needs a handout, if we’re giving handouts. I’m speaking with buds that came out in a good economy from K-State, delegating politics, and didn’t live at home after college though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2020, 11:45:41 PM »
I will take literally every word you type on a message board very seriously and not as trolling, sarcasm, satire, or facetiousness.

that's all i've ever wanted.

lol, I doubt that but you got it.

:sigh:  you couldn't even make it through one post.

You have 35,000 posts here, I'm not going to entertain the ridiculous idea that every single one of those sentiments have been sincere. I'd say I feel like I'm being Punk'd, but a promise is a promise.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2020, 11:49:46 PM »
You have 35,000 posts here, I'm not going to entertain the ridiculous idea that every single one of those sentiments have been sincere. I'd say I feel like I'm being Punk'd, but a promise is a promise.

i joke around, as most of us do, but i promise you i do not make a habit of posting things i do not believe in a way that insinuates that i do believe them in order to elict responses.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2020, 11:50:08 PM »
You’re correct, MIR. But as an assistant sports director for 91.9, I cut hours to make sure I had enough tape to get a gig after college. I was obviously oblivious to the future of sports radio, but I was drowned in private loan debt that will happily be paid off in the next two years, so I feel like I’ve come a long way. I want to help out future ppl, but don’t feel like hand outs will help them.

How have you equated a higher minimum wage to a hand out, it's still work? Using that logic you got a handout too. The first minimum wage in this country was $0.25/hr, which accounting for inflation, was still less than what you made.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2020, 11:54:25 PM »
Sorry in advance.

It’s about the weight of the bootstraps tho MIR. While a single bootstrap is worth the same amount of dollars, the weight of a bootstrap is variable over time. Obviously the Wacky bootstraps were very heavy.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2020, 11:55:37 PM »
Because no one would try to improve their situation if they are working full time for $31k a year
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2020, 12:14:58 AM »
I had private loans to get through college, I pay $700 a month in payments. Since like 2009 I’ve been making these monthly payments. I turned 24K a year (2009) into 6 figures now at the age of 36. I still have 2 years left of paying off this crap. The board owner left college with like 30K in debt and the big dummy’s of the world had their college paid for. Don’t lecture us about free crap.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2020, 12:19:55 AM »
What's happening here? What just happened?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2020, 12:28:52 AM »
alcohol

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2020, 12:30:55 AM »
btw, i've told you this before, but it is very tiresome that you continually suggest that i'm trolling when i post something you disagree with.  i sometimes write something as a joke, irony, sarcasm, what have you.  i think it's usually pretty obvious.  i do not troll.  i have almost no interest in soliciting responses to my posts.

you should really just accept that we have different opinions on some subjects.

I don't think you're trolling because you disagree with me, I think you're trolling because I'm attempting to give you credit for not sounding like a rough ridin' lunatic. You called that woman trash and a piece of crap not because she did anything harmful or offensive to another human being but because she has a different viewpoint on how to grow the economy of the country. You started this rant because she had the audacity to tell a pharma executive that his bonuses shouldn't be directly tied to increasing the cost of cancer medication.

I'm assuming you're trolling because presumably people here, that I know, also know you personally and don't think you're a despicable, intolerant sack of crap who would call a stranger trash and a piece of crap based on such flimsy reasoning. Just like I assumed you aren't a rough ridin' abhorrent human being who spent three years being serious calling people nazis because of they like a college basketball team.

If you want me and I suppose everyone else to take you seriously when you're behaving like a rough ridin' psychopath, I certainly will. I'd like to think the people I know who know you, and the same people who presumably also aren't taking you seriously when sound like an unhinged lunatic are a better judge of character than to think you are serious when you do this stupid crap.

sys is basically a never-trump republican who used to hate cops that posts with the zeal of the dirtbag left

Serendipitous!

Battery of a police officer

:drool:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2020, 12:31:18 AM »
Facts, dude. There’s a whole world out there now that you’re not accustomed to.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2020, 12:32:24 AM »
alcohol
Lol. Salina pot head has spoken.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2020, 12:58:06 AM »
I will take literally every word you type on a message board very seriously and not as trolling, sarcasm, satire, or facetiousness.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5XptSCCciU[/youtube]
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2020, 01:03:15 AM »
btw, i've told you this before, but it is very tiresome that you continually suggest that i'm trolling when i post something you disagree with.  i sometimes write something as a joke, irony, sarcasm, what have you.  i think it's usually pretty obvious.  i do not troll.  i have almost no interest in soliciting responses to my posts.

you should really just accept that we have different opinions on some subjects.

I don't think you're trolling because you disagree with me, I think you're trolling because I'm attempting to give you credit for not sounding like a rough ridin' lunatic. You called that woman trash and a piece of crap not because she did anything harmful or offensive to another human being but because she has a different viewpoint on how to grow the economy of the country. You started this rant because she had the audacity to tell a pharma executive that his bonuses shouldn't be directly tied to increasing the cost of cancer medication.

I'm assuming you're trolling because presumably people here, that I know, also know you personally and don't think you're a despicable, intolerant sack of crap who would call a stranger trash and a piece of crap based on such flimsy reasoning. Just like I assumed you aren't a rough ridin' abhorrent human being who spent three years being serious calling people nazis because of they like a college basketball team.

If you want me and I suppose everyone else to take you seriously when you're behaving like a rough ridin' psychopath, I certainly will. I'd like to think the people I know who know you, and the same people who presumably also aren't taking you seriously when sound like an unhinged lunatic are a better judge of character than to think you are serious when you do this stupid crap.

sys is basically a never-trump republican who used to hate cops that posts with the zeal of the dirtbag left

Serendipitous!

Battery of a police officer

:drool:

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2020, 01:03:43 AM »
This is just an awesome thread derail btw.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2020, 01:03:58 AM »
Facts, dude. There’s a whole world out there now that you’re not accustomed to.

What the hell are you talking about?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2020, 01:10:13 AM »

This song is one of my top five favorite songs of all time. I remember exactly where I was the first time I heard it. I was in my new apartment in Manhattan, two weeks after I got there in 1996. I brought this album from Hastings with my disbursement check. I was in my bedroom with my girlfriend and we listened back after we heard it the first time, I cried and fell in love with Fiona Apple.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2020, 01:18:56 AM »
24 years later and I still get butterflies every single time I hear that song, everything just stops. Fiona Apple has a beautiful voice and was a transcendent talent. Like Kanye, being a tortured artist made for amazing music but that comet burned hot and bright but dimmed way too fast. My God I love that song.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2020, 01:22:10 AM »
This is just an awesome thread derail btw.
This thread has been resurrected so YOLO!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2020, 01:23:52 AM »

This song is one of my top five favorite songs of all time. I remember exactly where I was the first time I heard it. I was in my new apartment in Manhattan, two weeks after I got there in 1996. I brought this album from Hastings with my disbursement check. I was in my bedroom with my girlfriend and we listened back after we heard it the first time, I cried and fell in love with Fiona Apple.

Best song on the album imo. Apparently it's one of a few songs that she refuses to perform these days.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2020, 01:31:03 AM »
24 years later and I still get butterflies every single time I hear that song, everything just stops. Fiona Apple has a beautiful voice and was a transcendent talent. Like Kanye, being a tortured artist made for amazing music but that comet burned hot and bright but dimmed way too fast. My God I love that song.

Peak Kanye imo.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKuJo1eaq8w[/youtube]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2020, 01:39:46 AM »

Best song on the album imo. Apparently it's one of a few songs that she refuses to perform these days.

It's a deeply personal song, although not as personal as sullen girl, she probably doesn't want to revisit that, dunno. I've been afraid to see her in person, I don't want the experience to take away from how I feel about her music from back then. I did have a chance to see her at Lilith Fair in Bonner Springs in 1997 but had to miss the concert. I was devastated.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2020, 11:20:03 AM »
dang mir getting all mush itt

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2020, 12:05:55 PM »
I'll be back to calling people motherfuckers soon enough.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2020, 03:41:19 PM »
Wow, opened this thread, watched a video about someone criticizing pharma executive pay, then figured I’d read the rest before posting about it. What a ride.
:adios: