Author Topic: Tex Winter Court  (Read 22454 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: Tex Winter Court
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2011, 01:26:27 PM »
alright, retards, it's simple.

Did "Tex Winters" (if there is such a guy) ever get the KSU Kats to the Elite Eight?
No.  Denis did.

boom, checkmate.

Right, he got them to the final four... twice.

I saw Denis talking on ESPN Sportscenter about the Elite Eight....never saw "Tex Winters" on ESPN Sportscenter talking about final 4's.  Sounds like I have concrete evidence.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2011, 01:35:57 PM »
It's going to be Denis Clemente Court.

I would like Denis Clemente Court with small flags of all the various mexican countries our kids come from along the baselines. 

Most annoying behavior I've ever seen out of a Cats player = the hand gestures and the flag and the screaming "Puerto Rrrrrrriiiicoooo" into the camera.

I would ban you if I knew how you bad person

Lucky for both of us then?

how is that lucky for me?  unlucky if anything. 

It was annoying though, right?  I thought it was.  At least I can't think of anything else more annoying.  Most everything else I really like or love.  Like when during the tunnel tance JHR is always turned to the wall pounding away?  That's great.  I love that.

No, it was amazing.  I loved every second of it. 

Well I'll just keep my mouth shut about that just in case you ever get ambitious enough to learn how to ban me.  Mmmkay?

oh man. stevedave is baiting you big time here. the banning button on the mod board is named after him and has a picture of him as the icon that you have to click if you want someone banned. if anybody knows how to ban, it's him. he's basically a big snake of some sort who hasn't eaten in a week month and you are some little mouse and you just got dropped in his cage. can't wait to see how this all plays out...

If you have the sound up, when you click on the sd ban button a recording of sd saying "yeah buddy" plays for each poster banned.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2011, 01:37:07 PM »
Pointless thread.  By now, people should realize that what goEMAW wants, goEMAW gets.  So we'll let everyone know after the next board meeting what the name of the new court will be.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2011, 01:37:43 PM »

I would like Denis Clemente Court with small flags of all the various mexican countries our kids come from along the baselines. 

Most annoying behavior I've ever seen out of a Cats player = the hand gestures and the flag and the screaming "Puerto Rrrrrrriiiicoooo" into the camera.

It was annoying though, right?  I thought it was.  At least I can't think of anything else more annoying.  Most everything else I really like or love.  Like when during the tunnel tance JHR is always turned to the wall pounding away?  That's great.  I love that.

Well I'll just keep my mouth shut about that just in case you ever get ambitious enough to learn how to ban me.  Mmmkay?

oh man. stevedave is baiting you big time here. the banning button on the mod board is named after him and has a picture of him as the icon that you have to click if you want someone banned. if anybody knows how to ban, it's him. he's basically a big snake of some sort who hasn't eaten in a week month and you are some little mouse and you just got dropped in his cage. can't wait to see how this all plays out...

If you have the sound up, when you click on the sd ban button a recording of sd saying "yeah buddy" plays for each poster banned.

I feel like there are buzzards circling.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2011, 01:37:57 PM »
Pointless thread.  By now, people should realize that what goEMAW wants, goEMAW gets.  So we'll let everyone know after the next board meeting what the name of the new court will be.

pretty sure this thread already decided that Denis will be on the court?

prayers on the ball cancer, btw.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2011, 01:38:39 PM »

I think you need to get in on the Currie chat.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2011, 01:40:43 PM »

Well, yeah.  Just saying there's really no need for anyone to be continuing to discuss how many hypothetical accomplishments this Texas guy would've had if they kept track of any of that stuff back then.  Plus we need to get this sleeve tattoo FT lane thing sorted out.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2011, 01:42:02 PM »
Oh eff, CC's reading this.  :surprised:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2011, 02:07:08 PM »
BOOM!

Confirmed.  ADJC just said, in his chat, that DC was a great cat and never denied that we were naming the new court after him.

Also, didn't mention old loser Tex Winters.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2011, 02:21:46 PM »

Well, yeah.  Just saying there's really no need for anyone to be continuing to discuss how many hypothetical accomplishments this Texas guy would've had if they kept track of any of that stuff back then.  Plus we need to get this sleeve tattoo FT lane thing sorted out.

Really want to see renderings.

Someone should shop.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2011, 02:27:20 PM »
lollerz:

[Comment From OK_Cat]
John, love your work so far, Go Cats. There has been a big movement lately to name next year's new basketball court after famous Cat/PRican Denis Clemente. Thoughts? Go wild wild cats!

With two great basketball traditions like K-State has it would be hard to single out any one great player for such an honor but there is no denying the impact Denis Clemente had at K-State- I feel lucky I was able to watch him for his senior year!

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2011, 02:28:38 PM »

Well I'll just keep my mouth shut about that just in case you ever get ambitious enough to learn how to ban me.  Mmmkay?

yeah. it hasn't had that recording for over a month. go ban someone right now and see what plays.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 03:19:03 PM by Rick Daris »

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2011, 02:41:54 PM »
Maybe they should rename this place the Juan Pachín Vicéns/Denis Clemente/Luis Colon Auditorium.

Offline Levi

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »
Dunno, guys, Tex Court makes sense to me. The Cats own Texas, so kinda seems natural.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2011, 03:02:32 PM »
thanks texas for all of this new cac. we're enjoying it. sorry for owning you.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2011, 03:09:11 PM »
Dunno, guys, Tex Court makes sense to me. The Cats own Texas, so kinda seems natural.

I change my vote to Curtis Kelly Court of Owning Levis Face

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2011, 04:05:05 PM »
Name the rims after Bill Walker
 :alleyoop:

I wish we had a bar somewhere in there so we could name it after Bob Huggins

Offline PurpleSleezyE

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2011, 04:10:26 PM »
lollerz:

[Comment From OK_Cat]
John, love your work so far, Go Cats. There has been a big movement lately to name next year's new basketball court after famous Cat/PRican Denis Clemente. Thoughts? Go wild wild cats!

With two great basketball traditions like K-State has it would be hard to single out any one great player for such an honor but there is no denying the impact Denis Clemente had at K-State- I feel lucky I was able to watch him for his senior year!

This + Me = wet pants (not from pee either). 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2011, 04:10:49 PM »

Purple Pig?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Cackle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2011, 04:11:30 PM »
Denis Clemente Court with this at center court:

So ridiculously, mind-blowingly adorable.  I think I've got a boner.  If we can shop Shane in, I might jizz all over my roommate's bed
:bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2011, 04:15:18 PM »

Purple Pig?

inside the bram bro

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2011, 04:38:41 PM »
Huggins International Manhattan Airport   :dunno:

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2011, 05:19:18 PM »
i have no doubt whoever's name gets picked it'll be followed with "family court"

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2011, 05:25:56 PM »
In attempt to placate we could name that long expanse of hardwood near the tunnel the Tex Winter Splinter...I'm open to an actual splinter though.

How about "Denis Clemente Court Pullen Hardwood (from the fans)"

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2011, 08:55:08 PM »
i have no doubt whoever's name gets picked it'll be followed with "family court"

I am so rough ridin' tired of that stupid bullshit.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12