Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3214743 times)

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Every aspect of our detailed, transparent, strategic project is completely on track as planned/announced.

When your AD has to cover EVERY base in a single sentence, you know things are not going as planned. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I guess I didn't realize that they were keeping half of the stadium.  This thing is going to look like Frankenstein's underfunded stadium monster

This is the worst charity ever.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Will they have indoor plumbing finally?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This project would have cost about 35% to 40% less just 4 years ago.  The Dax plan would have cost $200-$250 million tops, and provided a fantastic renovated facility in keeping with the general architectural make up of the rest of the campus and modernizing a historic venue with one of the most interesting histories in college athletics.

They're headed towards a value engineered MLS'ified stadium, that as of right now, they're not even sure they're going to be able to afford doing the whole thing.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
I just hope when the reduced stadium is done the total capacity is not announced, and Lightpole has a commercial, at the beginning of that season, where he slaps the new partial stadium and says "You can fit so many fans in this bad boy!", and still never states the capacity.

Meanwhile, KU hires a new employee, who is a caricature of a construction worker, and who's entire job is to do random construction things from Friday afternoon to the end of Sat during every home game.  Just moving a 2x4 around, running a skill saw, rolling out and rolling up extension cords, digging a small hole here and there, etc all to illustrate that the next phase is coming soon.  Years from now The Builder will be a mainstay as a new Lawrence character about town, and a secondary mascot to the university, as he continues to work on the second phase of stadium construction.

:D

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
And that worker is Bryson Strickler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f