Author Topic: LOL, Mississippi State has the same mascot as another team in their conference!  (Read 3828 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
I just saw that Mississippi State made up a mascot for themselves that had already been taken by another team in their conference, which is the Georgia Bulldogs.   LOL!  What a joke!

A guy at work pointed that out and at first I didn’t believe him, but he was right!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
LOL I can't believe that they have the same mascot as another team in their conference!

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Man, I thought they were the Bullfrogs.  Ha.  Thanks for the clarification Pete.  I guess Mississippi State is one of those teams that people have maybe heard of somewhere before but don't really stand out enough to be memorable.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Pete, yeah right!

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"who are we? the bulldogs! who are we gonna beat? the bulldogs!"

:lol: classic simpsons

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
I'm not real familiar with the southeastern conference but I generally assume they are all either bulldogs or tigers.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline 99jc

• Fan
    • View Profile
If this is the best troll/smack you dumb f u k s can come up with STHU. You have no idea how ignorant this board is. You football IQ is well shameful. 1 more day and he'll comes to supper redlegs.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Jesus, Ski-Ben.  Using socks to generate more board traffic and liven things up around here is fine and all, but could you tell them to please not butcher classic movie lines. I mean, rough ridin' that one up that bad is almost sacrilege.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
I'm not real familiar with the southeastern conference but I generally assume they are all either bulldogs or tigers.

Would really make for a pretty good conference slogan...

SEC... 14 teams. 11 Mascots.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bears are fast...

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Spoke to an Auburn fan last week and he assured me there is only one good tiger in the SEC.

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
Must suck to be little brother in your conference for both mascot and colors. Lol at having the 4th most popular dog in the conference!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Must suck to be little brother in your conference for both mascot and colors. Lol at having the 4th most popular dog in the conference!

They must be so emasculated

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
I've been crunching advanced stat numbers in my algo (algorithm) and the initial results weren't so good.  When i reminded the algo that MSU is the bulldogs and Georgia is the bulldogs -- let's just say the results are very favorable.  :Chirp:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
At least their colors are different.  One is red and the other one is dark red.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
King Jeremy the Wicked stood on the mountain top in the lemon yellow sun.  He raised his arms in a V whilst the dead lay in pools of maroon below.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Their real (like living breathing) mascots are completely different, though.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I thought they were all rebel soldiers or klansmen.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I just saw that Mississippi State made up a mascot for themselves that had already been taken by another team in their conference, which is the Georgia Bulldogs.   LOL!  What a joke!

A guy at work pointed that out and at first I didn’t believe him, but he was right!

LOL

What conference is it again?  I wanna look it up.

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile

LOL

What conference is it again?  I wanna look it up.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Conference

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Their real (like living breathing) mascots are completely different, though.

At first I thought that the dog on the right was like a helper dog for someone with Multiple Sclerosis, and I was like "ahhhh, that's great that Georgia is providing access to games," but then a guy I work with pointed out that Mississippi just copied Georgia's live bulldog gimmick too.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
UGA just looks like a good, masculine dog.

The one on the right looks effeminate. Perhaps the runt of a litter.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 09:45:56 AM by Bookie Pimp »
bears are fast...

Offline Don Merlins

• Fan
    • View Profile
You gotta remember way back when the SEC teams were forming, there was no way of communicating in the South other than smoke signals or pony express, (but we didn’t have pony’s , only donkeys so it was even slower. There hence, you have 2 bulldogs and 2 tigers (3 actually but mizou is an anomaly in ,more ways than one).

But the SEC embraces diversity, best exemplified by our school to the north, who in the name of diversity (and in an attempt to distance themselves for their no so distant highly racist past) have brought us a Bear and a Shark, which seems slightly odd; but what people not so familiar with the diversity of the fauna of MS don’t realize is that we do,indeed have sharks and bears (like 3 in the river counties).

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
a&m is really weird about their lassie dog
actually everything about a&m is so weird
so glad they're gone from the conference

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
yeah wow, they can't even claim top dog (lol) in their color (a&m) let alone their mascot (bulldog).

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
count me guilty on the bullfrogs confusion as well  :facepalm:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite