Author Topic: Which goEMAW poster would be the best hire for OC?  (Read 5925 times)

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Which goEMAW poster would be the best hire for OC?
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 09:50:15 AM »
I think the guy who stands above all is [you].   :emawkid:

I think [you] would be too. If it were me I'd run that play where we act like we're gonna pass and then the quarterback runs between the tackle and guard on the right side and gets the shizzle knocked out of him. Every play.

Hard pass.

That a-hole wouldn't read the whole play book and end up calling repeats of plays ran 2 series previous.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 09:51:52 AM »
Depends. Who would run the most perfectly timed jailbreak screens?

https://youtu.be/pTLYquGrsPE?t=1m45s

on NCAA football back in the day, I would run screen plays to the left/right, and run almost straight back but kind of to the opposite side with the QB, to get all the linemen chasing, then dump it to the RB for a decent gain.

I think I would bring this play to the KSU Cats OC position.

Also, lots of 2-3 TE sets, even on 2nd and longs!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 10:03:19 AM »
If I was OC, this would be my fancy HUNH play board.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 10:07:50 AM »
Interview question #1:  How do you feel about two-thirds of the fans counting down the play clock on the majority of our plays?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2017, 10:09:04 AM »
Interview question #1:  How do you feel about two-thirds of the fans counting down the play clock on the majority of our plays?

Fans are often dumb.

Next.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 10:12:36 AM »
Expanding on that, how do you feel about taking a timeout directly after a timeout or other stoppage of play?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 10:22:28 AM »
It’s usually dumb, but our fans counting down has absolutely gotten us out of some delay of game penalties when our idiotic “look to the sidelines for 35 seconds to check with the coaches and then clap your hands really fast when you realize there are 2 seconds left on the play clock” system is in play. Not a ton, but probably a few.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2017, 10:26:53 AM »
It’s usually dumb, but our fans counting down has absolutely gotten us out of some delay of game penalties when our idiotic “look to the sidelines for 35 seconds to check with the coaches and then clap your hands really fast when you realize there are 2 seconds left on the play clock” system is in play. Not a ton, but probably a few.

Definitely in the West Virginia game, sky was completely oblivious to the play clock.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2017, 11:26:22 AM »

BITB
@mikec2w

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2017, 11:32:36 AM »

Definitely in the West Virginia game, sky was completely oblivious to the play clock.

Some stadiums have massive play clocks on the field wall behind the end zones, KSU Stade should've installed those 25 years ago.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2017, 11:34:07 AM »

I was mainly poking fun at/complaining about our offense that leads to what seems like a majority of plays being snapped inside of 5 seconds.  But I do have a problem with the fans that feel the need to start counting every time the play clock hits 10.  Our fans need to develop some situational awareness.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2017, 11:51:38 AM »

I think [you] would be too. If it were me I'd run that play where we act like we're gonna pass and then the quarterback runs between the tackle and guard on the right side and gets the shizzle knocked out of him. Every play.

Hard pass.

That a-hole wouldn't read the whole play book and end up calling repeats of plays ran 2 series previous.

:fatty:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2017, 11:55:23 AM »
I like scoring a lot of points in Madden
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2017, 12:04:18 PM »

Hard pass.

As long as [you] doesn't give his qb free reign to check into the same play on every down I could get behind it.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2017, 12:05:04 PM »
I execute a hard nosed running play on every down.  My goal would be to gain 2.5 yards on every play.  I would not punt.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2017, 12:17:28 PM »

My coaching philosophy:

1. Play to win (duh)
2. Multi-dimensional offense, can operate at a fast pace and slow pace efficiently
3. Heck of a lot of scoring (yards is nice too)
4. Have a QB that can run occasionally, but not so much where i need 2 other quarterbacks to get hurt to figure that out
5. At least one WR over 6'2 that gets EZ jump balls
6. One RB that is shifty and fast and another big ass RB that would injure at least one defender each play
7. A TE that is going to catch the ball like anytime its 3rd down
8. An O-line that doesnt suck
9. TD celebrations
10. Trick plays
11. Actually going on 4th down from time to time
*BONUS*
12. a fullback that is not Winston Dimel

@Trogdor_gE

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2017, 01:10:43 PM »

BITB

Yeah, that's amazing don't know how the dude does it.

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2017, 01:20:38 PM »

Hard pass.

As long as [you] doesn't give his qb free reign to check into the same play on every down I could get behind it.

No sir. He rules with an iron fist, and no checking. (fact!)  Aint no stoppin this train!

Which may be worse. He make bad decisions more often than good ones. (also fact!)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 01:24:44 PM by muqluk »

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2017, 02:44:22 PM »

Hard pass.

No sir. He rules with an iron fist, and no checking. (fact!)  Aint no stoppin this train!

Which may be worse. He make bad decisions more often than good ones. (also fact!)

Fake news
@Trogdor_gE

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2017, 03:14:50 PM »

Hard pass.

Fake news

Every down:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2017, 03:18:02 PM »
With the victory formation how can you lose?  :Woohoo:

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2017, 05:51:02 PM »

Hard pass.

Hmm...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2017, 06:00:18 PM »

Hard pass.

Hmm...

No :(
:shakesfist: :bang: :'bye cruel world:

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2017, 06:11:03 PM »

Hard pass.

Hmm...

No :(
:shakesfist: :bang: :'bye cruel world:
Let's call it a draw...a stellar DC and we will avg. 7 wins. #goodenough

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2017, 08:31:33 PM »
I vote winters. Just cause he would bring the Zeal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I appreciate the vote of confidence! Id only recruit #FloridaCats too.  :excited:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.