Author Topic: 2014 Depth Chart  (Read 25979 times)

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Depth Chart
« Reply #175 on: September 16, 2014, 01:12:54 PM »
All interesting, if true

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 16, 2014, 01:15:27 PM »
Sounds like TLBL will be back to returning punts/kicks too...

:billdance:

This would be the best news of the week.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 16, 2014, 01:16:43 PM »
Schemes.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 16, 2014, 01:17:52 PM »
Without saying "D'vonta & Terrell will play Thursday.", it really sounded like LHCBS just said during his presser that D'vonta and Terrell will play vs Auburn.

:emawkid:

Kellis' Twitter: "LHC Bill Snyder says the JUCO players that haven't seen the field yet will either redshirt or play relatively soon. Hasn't made that decision."

Offline FadeMeAU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 16, 2014, 01:26:05 PM »
Without saying "D'vonta & Terrell will play Thursday.", it really sounded like LHCBS just said during his presser that D'vonta and Terrell will play vs Auburn.

Having limited knowledge about your depth chart, I assume these guys were JUCO recruits expected to contribute and haven't played yet because of injury possibly. I've noticed their names mentioned in a couple of threads, which makes me think they could be valuable pieces if able to contribute.

Also, putting Lockett back to return punts would suggest he's pretty close to 100%. Is that correct?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 16, 2014, 01:26:23 PM »

Agreed.  If you have the "all access" pkg at K-StateHD.tv, its the very last question.  Not so much what he says, but the smirk on his face as he says it...

bears are fast...

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 16, 2014, 01:31:11 PM »

Having limited knowledge about your depth chart, I assume these guys were JUCO recruits expected to contribute and haven't played yet because of injury possibly. I've noticed their names mentioned in a couple of threads, which makes me think they could be valuable pieces if able to contribute.

Also, putting Lockett back to return punts would suggest he's pretty close to 100%. Is that correct?

They were late arriving juco transfers that came in bit out of shape per reports.  I'm also of the belief that because we didn't "need" their speed/athleticism for the SFA & ISU games, they weren't part of the gameplan for those two games, but have been for this one all along. They are "SEC caliber" athletes.

Yes, Lockett should be a full go per my understanding.

bears are fast...

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2014, 01:33:47 PM »
wtf is an SEC caliber athlete?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2014, 01:34:45 PM »

Either that or it suggests Bill is pretty close to 100% sneaky.  Better keep an eye on that rascal.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2014, 01:37:27 PM »
or it means we need some production there no matter the risk to our best player

Offline FadeMeAU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2014, 01:39:49 PM »

Either that or it suggests Bill is pretty close to 100% sneaky.  Better keep an eye on that rascal.

Both scare me a lot. Bill is a wiley, old cat. Lockett is just stupid good, even if he's not 100%. I expect him to have 140 yards and 2 TDs Thursday night.

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 16, 2014, 01:44:08 PM »
Derricott is a confirmed stud with a capital S, T, and D.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 16, 2014, 01:55:20 PM »

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #188 on: September 16, 2014, 02:07:04 PM »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 16, 2014, 02:08:00 PM »

:ROFL:

Offline CATILLAC

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2014, 02:14:57 PM »

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2014, 02:47:33 PM »

Both scare me a lot. Bill is a wiley, old cat. Lockett is just stupid good, even if he's not 100%. I expect him to have 140 yards and 2 TDs Thursday night.

He's not THAT hurt...

:dubious:
bears are fast...

Offline FadeMeAU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2014, 03:22:54 PM »

He's not THAT hurt...

:dubious:

Well, we are going to at least try to stop him. He will probably get some double coverages but not a ton because of Waters's mobility. He could certainly exceed those numbers, but, if we're trying to eliminate him from being a factor, he's still going to get those numbers. We're just suspect in the secondary and lack the rush DE to create quick pressure.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2014, 03:29:54 PM »
I'm just messin' with ya, FadeMe... The kid shows out in big games, though.  Take a minute to look at his numbers vs OU, TCU, UT, etc. from last fall.  He just clowned a couple of early round NFL corners vs OU & TCU.
bears are fast...

Offline FadeMeAU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2014, 03:40:42 PM »
I'm just messin' with ya, FadeMe... The kid shows out in big games, though.  Take a minute to look at his numbers vs OU, TCU, UT, etc. from last fall.  He just clowned a couple of early round NFL corners vs OU & TCU.

I was being conservative so as not to hurt my own feelings as I typed out my true thoughts on his production Thursday night.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 16, 2014, 03:46:37 PM »
Allen, Johnson, Riddle, and Derricott all have redshirts available (I think). Clink and Mack do not. I would think that Derricott is the most likely to play out of the redshirt group, probably followed by Allen. We have decent depth at guard, so I would imagine that Johnson wears a shirt this year. Same thing at linebacker, but Derricott may be too talented to keep off the field. Mack obviously won't redshirt, but I honestly haven't heard Bill mention his name yet, so I doubt he plays on defense unless Burns shows zero improvement. Coleman hasn't lived up to the offseason reports, so I would imagine Clink will start taking some of his snaps pretty soon. Outstanding news about TLBL, we need him at full strength if we're going to win double digit games this year.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2014, 03:47:23 PM »

huge

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 16, 2014, 03:50:35 PM »
Allen, Johnson, Riddle, and Derricott all have redshirts available (I think). Clink and Mack do not. I would think that Derricott is the most likely to play out of the redshirt group, probably followed by Allen. We have decent depth at guard, so I would imagine that Johnson wears a shirt this year. Same thing at linebacker, but Derricott may be too talented to keep off the field. Mack obviously won't redshirt, but I honestly haven't heard Bill mention his name yet, so I doubt he plays on defense unless Burns shows zero improvement. Coleman hasn't lived up to the offseason reports, so I would imagine Clink will start taking some of his snaps pretty soon. Outstanding news about TLBL, we need him at full strength if we're going to win double digit games this year.

I'm 99% sure Derricot does NOT have a RS available... somebody feel free to correct me if they know for sure he does.
bears are fast...

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 16, 2014, 03:56:38 PM »

I'm 99% sure Derricot does NOT have a RS available... somebody feel free to correct me if they know for sure he does.

He for sure does. His senior year (2011) he helped lead Hermitage HS to the Virginia state semifinals, and then played at GCCC 2012-2013.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 04:01:24 PM by ksupamplemousse »
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #199 on: September 16, 2014, 04:02:18 PM »

He for sure does.

How? From his bio:
Played two seasons at Garden City CC, including the 2013 campaign ... Totaled 48 tackles with one pass deflection as a freshman in 2011.