Author Topic: Official Missouri Regrets leaving Big 12 but Tries Really Hard to Justify Thread  (Read 214141 times)

Online WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
That reality has already hit tt, bu, isu, ksu, osu, tcu, wvu

There won't be an outright revolt in the big12 because those teams have no leverage. There's absolutely nothing they can do. Why do you think those teams hate MU so much? Because they thought that MU was also stuck in their boat. They never thought MU was better than them.

Reality has been hitting those teams from all sides for a while now. They aren't very happy about it (que a ku AD employee to call a radio station and complain about MU...pathetic).

You can't make this crap up folks.   :dubious:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In response to Chip's recent post:
It just doesn't add up....

No school outside of Texas in the Big 12 has the clout and audience to build a network of their own. OU is a football power, but the state of Oklahoma is tiny and I doubt Dallas is picking up the Boomer Sooner network on standard cable.

Further, none of these stand alone networks will flourish without A LOT of premium content (i.e. games). Therefore the Longhorn Network needs teams to play them on their network in order to make it work. Thus, Iowa State, KSU, Texas Tech, etc will NEVER be able to build their own thriving tier 3 networks.

Once this reality hits Texas Tech, Baylor, Iowa State, KSU, OSU, TCU, WVA, and even KU there will be an outright revolt in the Big 12. The end game in all of this will be Texas going Independent OR joining up with the PAC to take advantage of their massive TV markets.

I honestly don't know why we aren't arranging a contract with Texas to play CTR games at DKR on the Longhorn Network and CTR games at BSFS on KStateHD.TV. Every other year we would make a shitload of money in subscriptions that we have to share with nobody, other than the cut we would have to pay Texas.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The years of mediocrity and total underachievement have meant that MethU fans have to weave their school into the success of the SEC. 

Building upon that, the latest talking point is that adding ND just in the "olympic" sports fruther dilutes the Big 12 brand name . . . does anyone on here look at conference indentity BEFORE school identity?   I have never said, "Oh great, tonight the SEC Crimson Tide plays the SEC Bayou Bengals", or, "The Big 12 Red River Shootout should be a great game between the Big 12 Longhorns and the Big 12 Sooners."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
The years of mediocrity and total underachievement have meant that MethU fans have to weave their school into the success of the SEC. 

Building upon that, the latest talking point is that adding ND just in the "olympic" sports fruther dilutes the Big 12 brand name . . . does anyone on here look at conference indentity BEFORE school identity?   I have never said, "Oh great, tonight the SEC Crimson Tide plays the SEC Bayou Bengals", or, "The Big 12 Red River Shootout should be a great game between the Big 12 Longhorns and the Big 12 Sooners."

They have absolutely elevated the SEC over even their school.  I bet someone them will be happy if they lose to a title contender so they don't knock them out of the MNC race.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

They have absolutely elevated the SEC over even their school.  I bet someone them will be happy if they lose to a title contender so they don't knock them out of the MNC race.
what is amazing to me is how PigAggie fan plays that roll to a T.  The greatest thing they have ever done is bite the pillow for LSU and Bama and they are proud of it.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

what is amazing to me is how PigAggie fan plays that roll to a T.  The greatest thing they have ever done is bite the pillow for LSU and Bama and they are proud of it.

The circle of regret continues when other SEC fans are so "nice" to MU fans when in reality they are basically saying "Thanks for showing up to finish 3rd while weakening the Big 12 and giving us StL and KC mkts and recruiting, please don't ask for anything else....the bosses here are FL, AL and LSU"

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Black and gold Confederate flag

Posted on: June 23, 2012 at 18:01:53 CT
alzoo MU
Member For:
13.04 yrs
Level:
User
M.O.B. Votes:
Flying on 01 Jul in Alabama to salute our entry to the SEC.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile

alzoo MU
Member For:
13.04 yrs
Level:
User
M.O.B. Votes:

In complete seriousness, there are quite a few Missouri fans that I know that are not happy about how this move to the SEC will empower their backwoods, racist fans that think they are in the deep South now.

It's completely counterintuitive to the image of the Northern academic elite "we're really more of a Big 10 school" the MU administration has always tried to promote of the University.

You ever been to the boothill of Missouri?

It ain't Lees Summit or Chesterfield.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

alzoo MU
Member For:
13.04 yrs
Level:
User
M.O.B. Votes:

In complete seriousness, there are quite a few Missouri fans that I know that are not happy about how this move to the SEC will empower their backwoods, racist fans that think they are in the deep South now.

It's completely counterintuitive to the image of the Northern academic elite "we're really more of a Big 10 school" the MU administration has always tried to promote of the University.

It ain't even Grain Valley.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
So they're adding 6,000 seats to the stadium.  Seems kinda dumb.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
So they're adding 6,000 seats to the stadium.  Seems kinda dumb.

They know that's all they can fill.

Also, they are wicked butthurt about the job going to KC architects.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lot of K-State and ku folks working at those firms.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
If they get a lazy river I might kill myself.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

suicide pact?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]

alzoo MU
Member For:
13.04 yrs
Level:
User
M.O.B. Votes:

Significant decisions fueled on pure emotion rarely work out well.

Online WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 :lol:

So damn proud to be a Mizzou fan....

Many of us longtime fans (I am 27 year season ticket holder; have gone to Mizzou games for 40+ years; sat on the hill in 1980 vs. Penn St. ) have waited a long time for Mizzou to take its rightful place again as a major football university and joining the best damn conference in the country!! During the dark days of the 13 years of losing records and last of Larry Smith years, it was hard to keep the faith....See this video from the KU game in 1986 (I was there that game that game, 1 of 3 wins that year) and how bad things were getting-nobody in the stands...

But now Mizzou is headed to the SEC (still have a hard time believing it!), great facilities on the way and a whole new generation of Mizzou fans who expect great football...I am kinda teary eyed...MIZ-ZOU MIZ-SEC!

Guess as to how long it will take until the "new generation" stops caring?

Online WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Around 80% of the topics on the front page of Tigerboard football board include K-State/KU/Kansas City media. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Around 80% of the topics on the front page of Tigerboard football board include K-State/KU/Kansas City media.

Conservative estimate.  But when dax drops some knowledge into one of those threads, he is obsessed with mu.

I will miss those lovable losers.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline nohighfives

• Fan
    • View Profile

too late. http://www.mizzourec.com/facilities/tiger_grotto/

"The Grotto features a zero-depth pool entry with a high-powered vortex, lazy river and waterfall. Our hot tub, sauna and steam room will help you loosen up after a hard workout."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Um.  Well I'm just going to put this here.

southernchoicesong.comyout

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
They may cry a Lazy River every time they get an ass whopping from those fine SEC schools.  Also, are they going to feel honored to get their ass kicked by conference powers like pigaggie does. 
Gees, we just got an ass whopping from LSU.  Doesn't it feel great.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]