Author Topic: PORTAL KOMBAT  (Read 76722 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: PORTAL KOMBAT
« Reply #975 on: May 01, 2024, 06:09:17 PM »
NIL is a billionaires playground, any attempts at grass roots fundraising are just token effort to go through the motions.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
PORTAL KOMBAT
« Reply #976 on: May 01, 2024, 07:25:19 PM »
NIL is a billionaires playground, any attempts at grass roots fundraising are just token effort to go through the motions.
Why would donations to Ahearn Fund be any different? Just because they’re tax deductible they’re more suitable for the little guy?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: May 01, 2024, 07:46:53 PM »
I'm sure the vast majority of Ahearn fund raising is from high net worth individuals.  Damn near everything is named after Carl Ice.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: May 01, 2024, 10:09:38 PM »
I don't know my answer to this, and am not trying to imply anything by asking; do either Dai Dai or RJ stay if Tang doesn't flirt with Arkansas?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: May 02, 2024, 12:46:54 AM »
I kind of last track, but didn't they bring in like 3 portal guards? Maybe that's why the decided to leave? Or it could have just been to try and increase their NIL.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: May 02, 2024, 09:26:51 AM »
I don't know my answer to this, and am not trying to imply anything by asking; do either Dai Dai or RJ stay if Tang doesn't flirt with Arkansas?
Don't believe that had anything to do with it, imHo.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: May 02, 2024, 09:37:15 AM »
3maw podcast from yesterday made it sound like he was mad they brought in competition at pg. They said a family member made a similar comment on Fitz' latest YT video.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: May 02, 2024, 09:43:51 AM »
Dai Dai and RJ were moving backward on the depth chart with Dug, Castillo, CJ and seemingly Battle.  They went from 3rd and 4th at the position to probably 4th and 6th.  We'll see how the rest of the roster fills out, but we'd probably need to run 3 guards quite a bit (which we might do) for Dai Dai and RJ to even get the minutes they got last year.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: May 02, 2024, 10:32:29 AM »
Dai Dai and RJ were moving backward on the depth chart with Dug, Castillo, CJ and seemingly Battle.  They went from 3rd and 4th at the position to probably 4th and 6th.  We'll see how the rest of the roster fills out, but we'd probably need to run 3 guards quite a bit (which we might do) for Dai Dai and RJ to even get the minutes they got last year.

I don't remember where I saw it, but I saw someone post something saying that Dai Dai was told he would still be starting most likely, but he was still advised by his ppl to leave.  No clue on validity. 

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: May 02, 2024, 10:35:54 AM »
Battle doesn't seem like a thing anymore.  Visiting Gonzaga this weekend after Nova a few days ago.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: May 02, 2024, 10:37:57 AM »

I don't remember where I saw it, but I saw someone post something saying that Dai Dai was told he would still be starting most likely, but he was still advised by his ppl to leave.  No clue on validity.

That is weird. He was already getting 20 mins a game so he had to know he was still going to get his playing time.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: May 02, 2024, 11:33:41 AM »
Battle doesn't seem like a thing anymore.  Visiting Gonzaga this weekend after Nova a few days ago.

The story is he wasn't very thorough in his original recruitment and promised his mother he would take all the visits. If you believe such things he already silently committed to KSU and told them he is just going to take the two visits to make mom happy.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 02, 2024, 11:35:01 AM »

The story is he wasn't very thorough in his original recruitment and promised his mother he would take all the visits. If you believe such things he already silently committed to KSU and told them he is just going to take the two visits to make mom happy.

I will choose to believe this!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: May 02, 2024, 12:16:13 PM »

I seriously doubt the coaches promised anyone anything other than a chance to compete for time. Dai Dai didn't want to be put in a position where he had a bunch of juniors and seniors competing for minutes he felt like he earned. I'm also guessing there's a home component to this and he's going to end up at a school closer to Chicago.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: May 02, 2024, 12:22:59 PM »
I def agree what you said makes more sense. Really hate to see him go.