Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 538699 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #200 on: June 08, 2010, 12:38:23 PM »
Currently at 70% battery and have been unplugged 16h 19m 27s

:pbj:

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 08, 2010, 01:21:47 PM »
Good to hear you love the EVO stevedave! pretty amazing device to say the least. i'll be forced to wait quite a while before i can upgrade
[

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• Fan
  • scintillating scotoma
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2010, 03:37:19 PM »
Thanks PC.  This was helpful.   :cheers:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 08, 2010, 05:00:43 PM »
Snapdragon is the current Denis Clemente of cell phone processors

See, I don't really get what a processor does for me in terms of a cell phone, but I completely get what Clemente does for us.  All I could see was that size-wise, the Incredible was Colon and the Ally was Sutton.  If I could find a Clemente-size elite phone, that'd be great.

If you plan to use internet, play games, or use other apps and don't want long wait times for loading, etc. Then you want a faster processor with the Incredible.  If you just want to text or call, get the Ally.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 08, 2010, 05:07:31 PM »

See, I don't really get what a processor does for me in terms of a cell phone, but I completely get what Clemente does for us.  All I could see was that size-wise, the Incredible was Colon and the Ally was Sutton.  If I could find a Clemente-size elite phone, that'd be great.

If you plan to use internet, play games, or use other apps and don't want long wait times for loading, etc. Then you want a faster processor with the Incredible.  If you just want to text or call, get the Ally.

I want to message board, read the standard news/sports sites, be able to watch an ocassional youtube or something if it's linked here, have something like seesmic on my home computer that organizes facebook/twitter, call, text, and use minimal apps.  I won't play games.  What are we talking about when you say long wait times for loading?  seconds?  tens of seconds?

How much is your plan per month?

We need to have a pak sooner than later so I can just see you use this thing and you can show me why I can't live without it.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 08, 2010, 05:27:20 PM »
Ok elite cell phonerz.  I am now torn between the EVO and iPhone 4.  What should I do?

iPhone for sure.

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 08, 2010, 05:57:53 PM »
Damnit. Somebody tell me about the Shadow/Extreme and Droid 2!

:curse:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 08, 2010, 08:50:33 PM »

I want to message board, read the standard news/sports sites, be able to watch an ocassional youtube or something if it's linked here, have something like seesmic on my home computer that organizes facebook/twitter, call, text, and use minimal apps.  I won't play games.  What are we talking about when you say long wait times for loading?  seconds?  tens of seconds?

How much is your plan per month?

We need to have a pak sooner than later so I can just see you use this thing and you can show me why I can't live without it.

I'm pretty sure the plan with either phone would cost you the same.  The Incredible would just be a little more initially.

The loading of websites and video will be faster with the Incredible and it does the organizing you want.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 08, 2010, 11:52:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure the plan with either phone would cost you the same.  The Incredible would just be a little more initially.

The loading of websites and video will be faster with the Incredible and it does the organizing you want.

Yeah, plan prices will be the same.  I'm wondering how much yours is to be able to do all you want to do.  Right now, I don't pay any attention to my bill or whether I'm paying too much or not because I expense it.  If it's going to be considerably more than what I pay now, I'll have to figure out if I can keep that train rolling.

I actually might have a Perkins-esque hookup that could make the HTC cheaper up front and/or get it without committing to the 2-year plan.

Is the speed difference like dial-up vs. cable?  They've all got some kind of twitter-organizing app, right?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 09, 2010, 03:26:01 PM »
same

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 09, 2010, 04:46:51 PM »

Yeah, plan prices will be the same.  I'm wondering how much yours is to be able to do all you want to do.  Right now, I don't pay any attention to my bill or whether I'm paying too much or not because I expense it.  If it's going to be considerably more than what I pay now, I'll have to figure out if I can keep that train rolling.

I actually might have a Perkins-esque hookup that could make the HTC cheaper up front and/or get it without committing to the 2-year plan.

Is the speed difference like dial-up vs. cable?  They've all got some kind of twitter-organizing app, right?

Our company gets an additional $75 off the phone, and only a 1yr contract.    :pbj:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2010, 06:29:26 PM »
the next 4G phone (with QWERTY).
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/14/sprints-4g-equipped-samsung-galaxy-s-pro-in-the-wild/

expect an EVO w/ QWERTY too.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2010, 06:58:49 PM »
Update:  Yeah, my EVO battery is perfectly fine.  Gets me through the entire day of BBS'n pretty easily.  Love it so far.  LOVE IT.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 14, 2010, 10:22:27 PM »
Update:  Yeah, my EVO battery is perfectly fine.  Gets me through the entire day of BBS'n pretty easily.  Love it so far.  LOVE IT.

Seems like you can't type for crap when you're trying to twitter.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 15, 2010, 07:07:28 AM »

How's your martavious irving phone so far? 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 15, 2010, 07:16:46 AM »

Sticking with my Larry Reid for now.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 15, 2010, 07:19:19 AM »

you, more than pretty much anyone I know, would benefit from a good phone. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 15, 2010, 07:26:36 AM »

you, more than pretty much anyone I know, would benefit from a good phone. 

Probably.  I'm getting by ok right now having you and Pete occasionally sending me text-message size updates summarizing what I've missed for a day.

Hmmm...well we are completely mumped and our president is a monster rough ridin' loser.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 15, 2010, 07:27:40 AM »
Hmmm...well we are completely mumped and our president is a monster rough ridin' loser.
that was a pretty good summary  :shy:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 15, 2010, 07:32:17 AM »
that was a pretty good summary  :shy:

Yep.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 15, 2010, 04:38:26 PM »
Not to steer away from the Evo/ iPhone 4 / Martavius Irving discussion, but here goes:

I have the opportunity to basically upgrade my Droid to an Incredible for free.  Should I take it?  Is there that much of a difference?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 15, 2010, 06:07:34 PM »
Not to steer away from the Evo/ iPhone 4 / Martavius Irving discussion, but here goes:

I have the opportunity to basically upgrade my Droid to an Incredible for free.  Should I take it?  Is there that much of a difference?

ya, do it