Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 538743 times)

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #475 on: August 24, 2010, 01:53:58 PM »
another solution would be to delete a chick's number if you haven't talked to them in 15 yrs, dunno maybe dumb idea though :dunno:

its a facebook contact and for some dumbshitty reason it added all my facebook contacts into my orginal phone contacts..

did facebook begin a new feature of adding peoples phone numbers into their profiles?  the answer is no, they fracking didn't.

people can add their phone numbers into their facebook profiles, and if so, the phone will pull that contact into the "phone contact" list.

back to ronlongshaft:  forgot to mention that the idea I posted only works on the actual contact list. when you go into contacts from the dialer, everyone with a phone number (either that you put in, or that has their number on their facebook profile) is there.

one way to avoid this is to remove facebook from your "my accounts" and then just use the facebook app. but even this doesn't work perfectly.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 24, 2010, 01:57:58 PM »
another solution would be to delete a chick's number if you haven't talked to them in 15 yrs, dunno maybe dumb idea though :dunno:

its a facebook contact and for some dumbshitty reason it added all my facebook contacts into my orginal phone contacts..

did facebook begin a new feature of adding peoples phone numbers into their profiles?  the answer is no, they fracking didn't.

people can add their phone numbers into their facebook profiles, and if so, the phone will pull that contact into the "phone contact" list.

back to ronlongshaft:  forgot to mention that the idea I posted only works on the actual contact list. when you go into contacts from the dialer, everyone with a phone number (either that you put in, or that has their number on their facebook profile) is there.

one way to avoid this is to remove facebook from your "my accounts" and then just use the facebook app. but even this doesn't work perfectly.
then rusty's suggesto is probably best.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 24, 2010, 03:51:52 PM »
there's an app for deleting contacts if you need it.  this isn't rough ridin' apple we're talking about.  you can set things up how you want them to be.

Offline ksuwizard

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 24, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) on ATT with new or upgrade contract for a penny ($0.01) at Amazon.  Get em while they're hot!

http://wireless.amazon.com/Samsung-Captivate-Android-Phone-AT/dp/B003TLMQG8?tag=gmgamzn-20

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 24, 2010, 09:19:04 PM »
Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) on ATT with new or upgrade contract for a penny ($0.01) at Amazon.  Get em while they're hot!

http://wireless.amazon.com/Samsung-Captivate-Android-Phone-AT/dp/B003TLMQG8?tag=gmgamzn-20

$99 for an upgrade with an individual account, $149 for an upgrade with a family plan.  the $0.01 is for new customers only.

Offline KSU_foo

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Droid users
« Reply #480 on: August 24, 2010, 10:37:46 PM »
when is goEMAW gonna get an app.

also on the driod is there anyway you can have your contacts come up with only your phone contacts, it brings up my phone contacts and all my facebook contacts.  I was completely wasted this weekend and called a chick that i haven't talked to in probably 15 years and left her a 3 min voicemail of a convo between me and friends.

what is a good free ringtone app? they all sucks!  Is there anyway to take music from my puter and make it a ringtone? all i can do is play it on the player.

I suck at technology

myxer.com is a good website to create ringtones from your computer.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Droid users
« Reply #481 on: August 25, 2010, 08:08:56 AM »
when is goEMAW gonna get an app.

also on the driod is there anyway you can have your contacts come up with only your phone contacts, it brings up my phone contacts and all my facebook contacts.  I was completely wasted this weekend and called a chick that i haven't talked to in probably 15 years and left her a 3 min voicemail of a convo between me and friends.

what is a good free ringtone app? they all sucks!  Is there anyway to take music from my puter and make it a ringtone? all i can do is play it on the player.

I suck at technology

myxer.com is a good website to create ringtones from your computer.

what is this, 2001?  who still makes ring tones from their computer? unless you're sporting a razr or something.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 25, 2010, 08:23:32 AM »
Trim's gonna beat your ass making fun of his phone like that.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 25, 2010, 08:30:50 AM »

I don't hear those haterz.  :gocho:

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 25, 2010, 09:00:23 AM »

I don't hear those haterz.  :gocho:

haterz gotta hate

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 26, 2010, 01:45:04 PM »
Guess who is walking around with a 4 cubic foot EVO in their pocket now :peek:

Early reviews are it's okay, I'm sure it will get better when I have it longer.  I have only had it for about 20 hours.

Biggest issues
1. Battery power- my phone has been off of the charger for 5 hours and the battery is less than 10%.  It said my phone usage has accounted for 1/3 of the drained battery, I have spent about 25 minutes on the phone, not good.  I should also point out that I turned the phone completely off for an hour while I was in a meeting.  Hopefully after the battery runs completly down and gets a good charge the battery will function better.  If not, holy crap.

2.  No swype, the beta is up, I'm quite upset with this although I have been alright with the keyboard, and the voice to type thing is working pretty well considering that I am still getting used to it.

3. My Google voice isn't working. I think I am going to uninstall it and try again.

4.  Doesn't appear that it can multi-task like the Pre' I had gotten acustomed to that.

It looks good, the apps are great, I can use my slng box and I am using my slingbox & I'm using the classic, didn't have to upgrade to the AV or the Pro like it says you have to.  Happy I got it, will be even happier when I learn how to use Android

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 26, 2010, 01:48:57 PM »
Android doesn't multitask the same way that webOS does- read the App Killer link I posted a page or two back.

That battery life doesn't seem right.  Did you get the battery life paperwork with the device at the Sprint Store?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

train

« Reply #487 on: August 26, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »
android is the best, but for some strange reason my bold and its brand-new-but-3-year-old-technology keeps sucking me back in :dunno:

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 26, 2010, 02:36:35 PM »
An app that I have found that is useful for conserving some battery life is Juice Defender.  The free version (which is what my cheap ass has) more or less shuts down the data radios when the screen is off.  You can set it so that it will turn itself on periodically to go look for emails and whatnot, also you can white list apps like Pandora so your music keeps playing while your phone is locked.  Obviously if you get a bunch of time-critical email this isn't so hot, but it seems to extend my stand-by time by about 50% or so.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 26, 2010, 02:40:12 PM »
You could get an extended battery.   :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 26, 2010, 03:04:45 PM »

Android doesn't multitask the same way that webOS does- read the App Killer link I posted a page or two back.

That battery life doesn't seem right.  Did you get the battery life paperwork with the device at the Sprint Store?

I'm going to say no since I don't know what you're talking about.  The salesman was a dildo said many stupid things.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 26, 2010, 03:10:11 PM »
can not get mine until Sep 1. Will have to have SD give us his list of must have apps @ MOAP.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 26, 2010, 03:19:39 PM »
Here's what's on my phone's front pages (a lot of these will come with your phone)

google calendar
gmail
facebook
twitter
weather channel
td ameritrade
NPR news
scorecenter (ESPN app for news/scores)
sprint TV
sprint football
engadget
dolphinHD browser (best web browser)
rockplayer (plays avi files and other formats that the stock player won't)
google earth
google navigation (nav, places, maps)
google listen (podcast thing)
pandora
google sky (awesome)
amazon app (good for taking a picture of a book or scanning a barcode and it taking you to the books page on amazon for reviews and pricing)
google goggles (takes a picture of stuff and searches for it on the internet)
shopper (scans barcodes and takes photos of products and checks google shopper for prices and reviews)
shop savvy (scans barcodes and checks the internet for prices.  basically the same as shopper)
shazam (tells you what song is playing around you)
epicurious (recipes, shopping lists, etc.)
kayak (travel booking)
tripadvisor (travel stuff)
chrometophone (share stuff between your browser and phone)
qik (evo to evo video calls)
bonsai blast (game)
air control (game)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 07:12:06 AM by steve dave »

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com

train

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: August 26, 2010, 07:56:55 PM »
This thing is awesome for NES Emulators and such.

http://sites.google.com/site/gamegripper/

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 26, 2010, 11:42:44 PM »
TuneSync allows you to sync ITunes with your phone.  Great but slow.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 27, 2010, 07:13:52 AM »
Here's what's on my phone's front pages (a lot of these will come with your phone)

google calendar
gmail
facebook
twitter
weather channel
td ameritrade
NPR news
scorecenter (ESPN app for news/scores)
sprint TV
sprint football
engadget
dolphinHD browser (best web browser)
rockplayer (plays avi files and other formats that the stock player won't)
google earth
google navigation (nav, places, maps)
google listen (podcast thing)
pandora
google sky (awesome)
amazon app (good for taking a picture of a book or scanning a barcode and it taking you to the books page on amazon for reviews and pricing)
google goggles (takes a picture of stuff and searches for it on the internet)
shopper (scans barcodes and takes photos of products and checks google shopper for prices and reviews)
shop savvy (scans barcodes and checks the internet for prices.  basically the same as shopper)
shazam (tells you what song is playing around you)
epicurious (recipes, shopping lists, etc.)
kayak (travel booking)
tripadvisor (travel stuff)
chrometophone (share stuff between your browser and phone)
qik (evo to evo video calls)
bonsai blast (game)
air control (game)

What I'd like is awardwallet getting a mobile app.  There are a couple out there like tripit and personal assistant that have some point and travel tracking stuff in them but they don't seem to integrate them like the awardwallet website.  Luckily, the website is optomized for mobile so it makes it fairly easy to use via the browser.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 07:22:21 AM by steve dave »

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 27, 2010, 07:27:28 AM »
I also use Calorie Counter.  It has a huge database of chain restraunt food and grocery items and you can pull up the nutritional stats in everything.  Helps me to lessen my fattening up like a christmas goose (only somewhat lessen). 

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 27, 2010, 09:08:09 AM »
glad to see i'm not the only one that plays air control.