Author Topic: Stay and cheers or slam some beers?  (Read 10345 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Stay and cheers or slam some beers?
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2017, 08:39:12 PM »
I do stand the whole game, and I cheer real loud and slap hands with everyone around me when the cats make a great play, but otherwise I'm standing there with my arms crossed and freak out quietly to myself. I might yell the first couple defensive drives and the occasional critical 3rd down

Standers.  smdh.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2017, 09:43:40 PM »
I do stand the whole game, and I cheer real loud and slap hands with everyone around me when the cats make a great play, but otherwise I'm standing there with my arms crossed and freak out quietly to myself. I might yell the first couple defensive drives and the occasional critical 3rd down

Standers.  smdh.

Standers are fine I guess, I mean none of us stand while watching the game in our living room. It's the two dudes standing alone that bothers me. I have the urge to buy one of those giant stade cups full of Dr. P and throw it at their backs.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2017, 10:08:19 PM »
I thought standing and cheering and screaming for the cats is what made our #family great. Now I'm rethinking this elite #Kstate fan thing. If you get grumpy at guys going full tilt, then we have a new subject to discuss. Sheesh.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2017, 10:15:30 PM »
I've been going to cats games since I can remember and have had awesome times in the stadium and staying in there the whole time. This does not happen to be one of those times. Even when we were winning we are boring as paint drying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2017, 10:17:28 PM »
But if Lib wants to keeps taking rails in the bathroom and rushing back to his seat to be a good fan that his prerogative. And I can't judge him for it

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2017, 10:18:46 PM »
 :whistle1:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2017, 10:20:26 PM »
But if Lib wants to keeps taking rails in the bathroom and rushing back to his seat to be a good fan that his prerogative. And I can't judge him for it

:lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2017, 10:27:46 PM »
Jesus guys, it's a beer at halftime. ????

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2017, 10:28:39 PM »
:whistle1:
Hehe this is why I love this bad person

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2017, 10:48:28 PM »
I've been going to cats games since I can remember and have had awesome times in the stadium and staying in there the whole time. This does not happen to be one of those times. Even when we were winning we are boring as paint drying

legend has it a young yla and stunted are still waiting in the stadium for darren sproles to come out of the locker room for his final goodbyes on senior day.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2017, 11:10:50 PM »
I go to the games only to have fun.  Not out of a sense of obligation or loyalty to k-state or anything. 

Grabbing a couple bud lights at halftime makes the experience more fun.  If the stadium doesn't look or sound right based in part to my absence, then that's too bad. 

K-State should figure out a way to make inside more fun than outside.

I'm sure those that leave at half share your opinion, and that's perfectly fine. It's your right to enjoy the game (or not) however you want so long as you aren't disturbing others.  That said, you've given a perfect definition of "shitty fan".  The game itself isn't more important or "more fun" than chugging a few bud lights.  I wish there were more people who thought the game was more fun than slamming a few beers because i think it would help our team during those important first 5 minutes of the second half.  I'm selfish like that :)
Listen, man.  There were years (when we were really bad) where I was a "great fan" to the point of compulsion.  To the point where I was staying up all night on tuesday because I was nervous for the game on saturday. 

I've done the hyper-intensive-fan thing, and one day i realized that crap is for the birds.  If I'm spending 10 hours hauling my ass to MHK and back to watch a mediocre team play football, and I want a beer at halftime and chill at the tailgate for a little bit, I'm doing it. 

And you know what I learned after becoming a "shitty fan"?  The wins are no less sweet.  The losses hurt a lot less.  And at the 8 or 9 minute mark of the 3rd quarter, I've got a healthy buzz. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2017, 04:23:48 AM »
I went out to the lot to pound beers during halftime of the 2000 win over Nebraska. Somehow lost my passout and ticket when out in the lot. Freaked out a little inside then said "eff it" walked right back in like a boss. Wasn't even noticed.

As for missing action -- to each their own imo. I usually just stay/stayed through halftime or brought a flask in. No one is obligated to stick around or even show up.

As for passouts and selling beer in the stadium. They should probably allow both. Definitely allow the sale of booze.

This coming from a guy who's pretty apathetic these days tho. I mean, I'm often not even awake for the start of our shitty 11 am games.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2017, 08:12:18 AM »

And you know what I learned after becoming a "shitty fan"?  The wins are no less sweet.  The losses hurt a lot less.  And at the 8 or 9 minute mark of the 3rd quarter, I've got a healthy buzz.

I’m honestly a little jealous. I wish I could feel like it was really my team and fully enjoy all the wins without being bothered by the losses. I’m already at the point of not caring about baseball losses, so if I could just feel as satisfied with those wins as I do after a FB game, that would be magical. And I’ve got the enjoying wins part down for FB, but the losses still hurt like a mother.

Teach me to become a shitty fan, Dlew.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2017, 08:41:14 AM »
Solution: segregate the stadium sections by fan type. Make it where fans want to stay in because they like the people around them. Also sell booze or not in proximity to the appropriate fan type sections.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2017, 08:43:07 AM »
getting a little more like gpc every day

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2017, 09:00:12 AM »

I love this talking point and it's so true.  I'm on goEMAW to be cool and edgy and criticize everything kstate and call everyone who doesn't a tuck.  Now look at me.  I feel shame.  SHAME!  SHAME!  SHAME!   Time to head back to gpc with my tail between my legs.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2017, 09:18:17 AM »
I used to never miss half-time. However, the band/halftime show has become boring, and the product on the field doesn't win many games anymore. When they do, it's against boring teams that we expected to win against anyways. The stadium doesn't sell beer and the whole music/environment just isn't what it used to be. So now, the third quarter has usually started by the time I'm back to my seat.

Change those things and the people will stay inside the stadium for half time.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2017, 09:19:34 AM »

I love this talking point and it's so true.  I'm on goEMAW to be cool and edgy and criticize everything kstate and call everyone who doesn't a tuck.  Now look at me.  I feel shame.  SHAME!  SHAME!  SHAME!   Time to head back to gpc with my tail between my legs.

^^^ see what i mean

Offline AtlantaWildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 26, 2017, 09:22:41 AM »
During halftime, the bad doesn't do it for me. I'm not gonna get my rocks off listening to the band and sitting there on my thumb. I can go out to the parking lot and be back in by the second half starts. Questioning fanhood because people make their choice to go out to the parking lot is stupid. If we are up 21-10 at halftime after having a raucous environment to start the game by drinking a few BL why not go back out and rekindle an old flame........

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2017, 09:26:55 AM »
does ku let you leave at half?  is there anywhere close enough to tailgate to get a beer at half?  do they even take tickets or have a gate?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2017, 09:30:46 AM »
They stamp peoples hands when ppl leave at half and then poor college students like ole wackster has that stamp rolled on his hand from his good buddy (who just got the fresh ink) and then you enter in for free over there after half. That was when they'd actually win a few games a year over there tho.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 26, 2017, 09:37:33 AM »
stamps, amazing

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2017, 09:45:57 AM »

legend has it a young yla and stunted are still waiting in the stadium for darren sproles to come out of the locker room for his final goodbyes on senior day.
:frown:
when snyds retires for the last time you better go with me. we can try to make it back in for the 4th quarter  :lol:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2017, 01:16:27 PM »

Standers.  smdh.

It's the two dudes standing alone that bothers me. I have the urge to buy one of those giant stade cups full of Dr. P and throw it at their backs.

Well yeah, it's the lone standers that are the problem.  Pretty simple rule that I live my life by:  Everyone is standing?  Stand. Everyone is sitting?  Sit.  Ignore the first, you're weird.  Ignore the 2nd, you're an bad person.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 26, 2017, 01:33:25 PM »
Well yeah, it's the lone standers that are the problem.  Pretty simple rule that I live my life by:  Everyone is standing?  Stand. Everyone is sitting?  Sit.  Ignore the first, you're weird.  Ignore the 2nd, you're an bad person.

This is a very good rule to live by IMHO.