TITLETOWN - A Decade Long Celebration Of The Greatest Achievement In College Athletics History > Jerome Tang Coaches Kansas State Basketball

petro

<< < (3/3)

kso_FAN:

--- Quote from: sys on February 16, 2010, 12:36:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: ksu_FAN on February 16, 2010, 12:06:07 PM ---*And I can see his rationale for saying that, but he needs to look at my Team 1 through Team 6 comparison.  I think that there is a pretty good group right now that can be 2/3 or even 4 seeds by the time this is done.

--- End quote ---

those were very confusing.  i would give them all two seeds.

--- End quote ---

Exactly.  At this point teams have to have to find a way to seperate themselves over the next couple of weeks either up or down with good wins/bad losses.  Then, if those 6-8 teams still remaind bunched, its going to be up to whatever criteria the committee weighs the most.  If its general like SOS or OOC record, we'll have an edge.  If its something more specific, like Top 10 wins or if they look at strength/weaknesses of divisions within conferences, then it won't look as good for us.  Right now there is a pretty decent pack competing for those 2 seeds.

KITNfury:
What did Frank say?

OregonSmock:

--- Quote from: steve dave on February 16, 2010, 11:59:40 AM ---OMG!  He talked about the local number 1 team in the country who just played last night!  He even went as far as to say that they are championship caliber during a short timeframe of their game!?  ARRRGGGGGHHHHH!  PILE ON! 

:curse:

--- End quote ---

Bill Self can't coach!

:curse:

Daddy Claxton:

--- Quote from: ksu_FAN on February 16, 2010, 12:47:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: sys on February 16, 2010, 12:36:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: ksu_FAN on February 16, 2010, 12:06:07 PM ---*And I can see his rationale for saying that, but he needs to look at my Team 1 through Team 6 comparison.  I think that there is a pretty good group right now that can be 2/3 or even 4 seeds by the time this is done.

--- End quote ---

those were very confusing.  i would give them all two seeds.

--- End quote ---

Exactly.  At this point teams have to have to find a way to seperate themselves over the next couple of weeks either up or down with good wins/bad losses.  Then, if those 6-8 teams still remaind bunched, its going to be up to whatever criteria the committee weighs the most.  If its general like SOS or OOC record, we'll have an edge.  If its something more specific, like Top 10 wins or if they look at strength/weaknesses of divisions within conferences, then it won't look as good for us.  Right now there is a pretty decent pack competing for those 2 seeds.

--- End quote ---

Won't the committee just look at how they can maximize revenues via TV and the pod system, and then work backwards to seed teams accordingly?

GetFipps:
HE IS crap.

GTFOOMF ESPN!!!!
RRAAAAAA!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version