Author Topic: kansas says eff you to federal government  (Read 16323 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: kansas says eff you to federal government
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2013, 05:33:55 PM »
Wow. I mean, wow.   :facepalm:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2013, 11:42:51 PM »
can we get back on track to the real embarrassment Kansas' government has caused the state?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2013, 07:21:08 AM »
and Kansas has double downed on stupidity

KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2013, 10:10:18 AM »
Bringing up fast and furious was a total pro move.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2013, 10:19:54 AM »
Bringing up fast and furious was a total pro move.

No doubt. He should change his title from Secretary to Stud of State.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2013, 03:06:47 PM »
So Kansas is trying to just do away with background checks for gun owners? Is there some other reason for wasting taxpayer money on this, or are background checks just that big a deal to gun nuts?

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2013, 03:10:46 PM »
Kansas doubled down on awesome. Just trolling the Federal government and driving Libs nuts.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2013, 03:16:53 PM »
Kansas doubled down on awesome. Just trolling the Federal government and driving Libs nuts.

Yeah, spending more than half a million dollars on legal fees to ensure that mentally unstable people can still get their guns seems pretty awesome. :dunno:

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2013, 03:19:57 PM »

Yeah, spending more than half a million dollars on legal fees to ensure that mentally unstable people can still get their guns seems pretty awesome. :dunno:

Kansans need guns

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2013, 03:22:48 PM »

Kansans need guns

It's not hard to get them. What is the point of spending the money?

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2013, 03:27:47 PM »

Kansans need guns

Trolling the Federal Government, I guess.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2013, 03:48:50 PM »
Typical Kansan: "NO ONE IS GONNA TAKE MAH GUNS!!!"

Reasonable Kansan: "No one is trying to, but do you really need an AK-47?"

Typical Kansan: "YES!!! AND IT'S MY RIGHT!"

Reasonable: "For what?"

Typical: "TO PROTECT MAH PROPERTAH!"

Reasonable: "From what?"

Typical: "INTRUDERS AND OBAMA!"

Reasonable: "1. Do you really need a fully automatic weapon to protect your front lawn 76 Chevy collection? 2. Presumably by Obama you mean the federal government. Allow me to introduce you to a little group that the federal government controls, the United States military. You're gonna take them on with an AK? Good luck."

Typical: "...PROTECT ME GUN!!!"

Being that the SCOTUS had deemed the right to bear arms an "Individual Right", you don't get to ask why someone would need an AK.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2013, 07:14:09 PM »

Kansans need guns

Trolling the Federal Government, I guess.

Well, I guess I'm just too fiscally conservative to support this. Maybe if I were a social conservative, fiscal liberal like you, I would think it's awesome, too.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2013, 08:41:43 PM »
yeah trolling....except that Kansas is slashing needed money for the poorest and most vulnerable citizens who need state services under the guise of no money.

So this crap isn't funny or something that should be joked about.  People see Kansas as a bunch of idiots who don't understand the constitution and are willing to let people in need get put in precarious position all for this bullshit.  Just wait for when someone is discharged from Osawatomie because they don't have the budget to hold them and they shoot up a school or mall.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2013, 09:56:48 PM »
yeah trolling....except that Kansas is slashing needed money for the poorest and most vulnerable citizens who need state services under the guise of no money.

So this crap isn't funny or something that should be joked about.  People see Kansas as a bunch of idiots who don't understand the constitution and are willing to let people in need get put in precarious position all for this bullshit.  Just wait for when someone is discharged from Osawatomie because they don't have the budget to hold them and they shoot up a school or mall.

Yeah, I wish we were one of those states that didn't have any money and increased services.  That's where we want to be.

As far as knowing what's constitutional, the obama administration probably has less credibility than Kansas, so its kind of a criple fight here.

LOL, at spending a couple hundo to protect your law as usurping public funds.  LOFL.  Red herring of the month there.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2013, 10:11:13 PM »
At least the majority of of expenditures on services provide some sort of public benefit, economic or otherwise. Kansas is spending hundred of thousands of dollars trying to uphold a law that will most likely decrease gun sales, hurting the economy, while at the same time making it easier for people who can't even pass a federal background check to obtain weapons, reducing public safety.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2013, 10:37:45 PM »
How does this law decrease gun sales and what rough ridin' federal background check are you talking about?

Seems like the dumbfucks in Kansas are the people preemptively butthurt about all this crap.

Guess what, if the federal govt sues you, you have to defend yourself.  #thanksobama

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2013, 10:39:13 PM »
The koch bros are trolling all of us

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2013, 10:40:12 PM »
A law like this is likely to decrease gun sales for the same reason Obama being in office has increased them. Most of the people buying them are idiots who only want them because they are afraid they might not be able to get them in the future.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2013, 11:25:24 PM »

Well, I guess I'm just too fiscally conservative to support this. Maybe if I were a social conservative, fiscal liberal like you, I would think it's awesome, too.

Red Herring. If anything blame the Feds for trying to push the issue.

People see Kansas as a bunch of idiots who don't understand the constitution and are willing to let people in need get put in precarious position all for this bullshit.

Even if this is true, IDGAF what smug assholes from San Francisco and New York think of us. They're idiots in their own rights for fucks sake. This whole 'Facepalm towards Kansas" thing in the Pit just wreaks of insecurity.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 06, 2013, 03:50:59 AM »

Yeah, I wish we were one of those states that didn't have any money and increased services.  That's where we want to be.

As far as knowing what's constitutional, the obama administration probably has less credibility than Kansas, so its kind of a criple fight here.

LOL, at spending a couple hundo to protect your law as usurping public funds.  LOFL.  Red herring of the month there.
Low constitutional, american history, sovereignty, federalism IQ on display here folks.

The other great irony here which really brings FSD's ignorance home is that Kansas and Kobach specifically cite the Fugitive Slave acts in their letter which ended with the SCOTUS emphatically saying that states can't do exactly this. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 03:58:26 AM by ednksu »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 06, 2013, 03:52:41 AM »

Red Herring. If anything blame the Feds for trying to push the issue.

bullshit.  the Feds should always smash the opinions of ignorant state leaders, especially when it has the potential to interfere with the due course of the justice system.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 03:56:53 AM by ednksu »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 06, 2013, 09:10:48 AM »
So Kansas is trying to just do away with background checks for gun owners?

Not exactly.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 06, 2013, 09:38:30 AM »
So Kansas is trying to just do away with background checks for gun owners?

Not exactly.

What is the goal of this law, then?