Author Topic: LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University  (Read 41478 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: LHC LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University
« Reply #225 on: December 21, 2017, 10:08:38 PM »
It's maybe the least desirable P5 position in the country. 

:ROFL:
Is this rough ridin' guy serious?

Then what the hot eff is West Virginia?  That same failing conference had to save WVU from the AAC. That same WVU without a damn airport. If WVU could find assistants after that shitastic disaster of a coaching transition they had I'm certain anyone else can.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University
« Reply #226 on: December 21, 2017, 10:11:41 PM »
We just had a West Virginia fan come in here and talk to us like we're Marshall, and pete rolled over like a hapless turtle. What is going on here?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 21, 2017, 10:21:25 PM »
Jesus, Pete

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 21, 2017, 10:25:58 PM »
I don’t think it’s the least desirable job, but it’s not a great situation.  And I definitely agree with the KSU being closer to ISU than many would care to admit.  So, I mostly agree with the spirit of his post.  Whatever.  It doesn’t really bother me one way or the other.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 21, 2017, 10:30:28 PM »
Kansas State has only had one coach in the entire history of the program who was worth a crap.  Until we see a second coach have any success, Kansas State is LHC Bill Snyder.  And LHC Bill Snyder is no longer getting better every day.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 21, 2017, 10:33:11 PM »
So, we have no rough ridin' idea what will happen to K-State.  Tho, I’d say that a low population state school with a retired army guy President and a dopey small time AD don’t inspire much.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 21, 2017, 10:52:10 PM »
There are literally thousands of football coaches in this country. Kansas State is one of the best 50 programs in all of college football, the thought that any coach couldn't get someone wanting to prove themselves on the highest stage is one of the dumbest taking points that comes from this fan base. It defies common sense but eventually it will come up in every conversation.

You'd think people here would be cogent enough to remember the unproven but fantastic staff here last time there was a coaching change. How could anyone put together a staff as good as the legendary Ron Prince?

KSU could absolutely get decent assistants but you seem to be acting like the coach wouldn't be a factor. What happened to that great Ron Prince staff after they realized he was a complete rough ridin' loon (after a very promising first season, I might add)?

Also, a big advantage Prince had over Sean is he'd worked a ton of jobs around the country and had already worked with most of the folks he hired. When Snyder came he brought in young unknowns he'd worked with at Iowa. I remember a lot of excitement about James Franklin based on his recruiting success at Maryland. Who has Sean worked with that we might get excited about for recruiting/development/strategy?

Finally, you'd think a top 50 program with great coordinator options would be able to hire a more proven head coach than the son of the coach with less than 10 years of actual coaching experience, but whatevs.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 21, 2017, 11:02:15 PM »
K-State football is just so meh.  Tho, I am glad that it’s not entirely dead to me, like basketball.  Oh well.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 21, 2017, 11:33:57 PM »
The perfect person to suceed Snyder is lane kiffen. He would give zero fucks about following a legend, would recruit his balls off and would actually utilize skylar to the best of his ability. Now I've pissed myself off that it will never happen.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 22, 2017, 12:00:33 AM »
The perfect person to suceed Snyder is lane kiffen. He would give zero fucks about following a legend, would recruit his balls off and would actually utilize skylar to the best of his ability. Now I've pissed myself off that it will never happen.

he would be amazing, make it happen. remember, they said Huggins would never happen.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 22, 2017, 02:34:10 AM »
I don’t think it’s the least desirable job, but it’s not a great situation.  And I definitely agree with the KSU being closer to ISU than many would care to admit.  So, I mostly agree with the spirit of his post.  Whatever.  It doesn’t really bother me one way or the other.

I said top 50, not top 15.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 22, 2017, 03:03:04 AM »
There are literally thousands of football coaches in this country. Kansas State is one of the best 50 programs in all of college football, the thought that any coach couldn't get someone wanting to prove themselves on the highest stage is one of the dumbest taking points that comes from this fan base. It defies common sense but eventually it will come up in every conversation.

You'd think people here would be cogent enough to remember the unproven but fantastic staff here last time there was a coaching change. How could anyone put together a staff as good as the legendary Ron Prince?

KSU could absolutely get decent assistants but you seem to be acting like the coach wouldn't be a factor.

The coach is a factor for sure, but my pushback is on the notion that Sean wouldn't be able to find anyone, that's silly. Whomever the coach is eventually going to be will have a hodgepodge of guys currently on staff and other guys looking for a change, more money, or to prove themselves. That's the same for us, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Tennessee, etc. I picked Washington State at random to check out their coaching staff, that's an average program with an established coach. Their defensive coordinator was the safeties coach at Missouri before Leach hired him. Wisconsin's d coordinator was in the NFL in 2015. David Beatty got Doug Mecham, why? Dude needed a job.

This profession is filled with dudes on the grind ,that none of us have heard of, waiting for their big break, we'll be fine just like every other P5.school.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 22, 2017, 07:25:50 AM »
Ron Prince would have been just fine had he not been a swinger.

If he keeps his original staff, Franklin/morris we'd have been fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ihaveteeth

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 22, 2017, 08:12:16 AM »
We just had a West Virginia fan come in here and talk to us like we're Marshall, and pete rolled over like a hapless turtle. What is going on here?
I'm not a WV fan...just started posting from the account that was made in that thread for the heck of it.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 22, 2017, 08:37:14 AM »
"It all boils down to if you do it the right way and have the discipline to keep the game between the white lines," Snyder said, as his team will play at the Arizona Diamondbacks' Chase Field in downtown Phoenix. "That field down there is the same size as the one we've got here. It's just a matter of staying disciplined, taking your preparation to the field, staying focused and keeping it between the white lines. If you do that, then good things normally happen."

I can envision Bill with the team down on the field, stretching a tape measure across the filed and reading it aloud.  Then Risner puts Skylar on his shoulders and they hold a tape from the ground to the cross bar and Skylar announces the measurement to the team.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University
« Reply #240 on: December 22, 2017, 08:51:23 AM »
I'm not a WV fan...just started posting from the account that was made in that thread for the heck of it.

I don't believe for a second that you randomly just started posting in that thread. so now you are now a west virginian and a known liar. not a good look. care to argue either?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 22, 2017, 09:22:43 AM »

So it sounds like you’re saying we should jump on Sean because we can’t do better. Is that your point?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 22, 2017, 09:28:21 AM »
Good grief, this Big East all-star is coming in here trying to big time us? 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Ihaveteeth

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University
« Reply #243 on: December 22, 2017, 09:38:00 AM »

I don't believe for a second that you randomly just started posting in that thread. so now you are now a west virginian and a known liar. not a good look. care to argue either?
Not really.  I posted on here years ago but forgot my login (it was something like Saul good EMAW IIRC).  Went down a rabbit hole a while back and was reading through that thread, so there you go.  Really interesting story that I hope was as interesting to read as it was to type... FTR, I'm a Mizzou fan, but KSU is my adopted Big 12 team.

I don't think the KSU job is appealing as far as P-5 jobs go at the moment due to several different factors.  Some of those are temporary, and others are permanent.  It has no natural recruiting advantages.  It's in the least attractive P-5 conference.  Following a legend is bad enough to begin with, but this one is getting pushed out by half the fan base after winning 16 or 17 games the past 2 seasons. 

Coaches at similar schools who have that type of success expect raises and job offers from bigger schools.  Combine that with the fact that a sizable portion of the fan base will be against you from the start simply because your last name isn't Snyder, and it makes for a pretty unattractive job.  I don't feel like anything I'm saying here is particularly controversial. 

You may be able to land a coach that goes on to be successful, but you'll have to find someone under the radar...sort of how Snyder recruits.  Even then, finding someone who averages 8 wins a season would be a home run hire.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 22, 2017, 09:41:05 AM »
"Home run hire."  Beems is back!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 22, 2017, 09:42:51 AM »
So you're saying they should just hire their D Coordinator to take over as coach and call it a day? Sounds like a lazy way to do it, Miz.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 22, 2017, 09:43:15 AM »
It's a Missouri fan big timing us?!  Missouri lost to purdue at home by 5 scores this year!  And here this guy is lecturing us on what our expectations should be.

:lol:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Ihaveteeth

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 22, 2017, 09:44:04 AM »
"Home run hire."  Beems is back!
Thought you'd like that.   :gocho:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 22, 2017, 09:46:12 AM »
I chuckled at the no natural recruiting advantages talking point.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 22, 2017, 09:49:23 AM »
i mean, we have one of the top defensive coordinators in the country negotiate a line into his current contract essentially begging to be our head coach, but then again, i'm sure every P5 school has suitors like that.