Author Topic: LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University  (Read 41481 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University
« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2017, 08:01:08 AM »
Not too long ago somebody posted some supposed insidery information about how detached Bill was from recruits and current players. Said he rarely, if ever, interacted with the current players any more. I can't find the post but have thought a lot about it lately. If true, I think it's likely a deliberate move by Bill to ensure there's not a sudden rush out the door when he hangs it up creating an even bigger talent vacuum than necessary. I think this season is it for him and I think he's been intentionally setting the conditions for this move for the past year or two.

Bruh, he did three in home visits in the last three weeks.
Being completely serious (and not knowing a lot about high level recruiting), to me 3 seems like a really low number for a P5 coach in the 3 weeks leading up to signing day.

It is, but not for him

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2017, 08:44:49 AM »
Not too long ago somebody posted some supposed insidery information about how detached Bill was from recruits and current players. Said he rarely, if ever, interacted with the current players any more. I can't find the post but have thought a lot about it lately. If true, I think it's likely a deliberate move by Bill to ensure there's not a sudden rush out the door when he hangs it up creating an even bigger talent vacuum than necessary. I think this season is it for him and I think he's been intentionally setting the conditions for this move for the past year or two.

Bruh, he did three in home visits in the last three weeks.
Being completely serious (and not knowing a lot about high level recruiting), to me 3 seems like a really low number for a P5 coach in the 3 weeks leading up to signing day.

It is, but not for him

Yup, I think he had 2 or 3 in the last 4 years before a few weeks ago.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 21, 2017, 09:10:23 AM »
It would be interesting to see just how involved Bill typically is in the recruiting process as a whole (eval, targeting, offering, etc.).  I admittedly have no idea what the norm would be for your average HC to compare to though.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 21, 2017, 09:29:03 AM »
I'm not sure what the norm is either. I do know Jim Harbaugh slept at a recruits house once, but, I don't think that's the norm.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: LHC LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University
« Reply #204 on: December 21, 2017, 09:32:10 AM »
Okay, which GE-er works for CBS?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/its-clear-now-more-than-ever-bill-snyder-is-holding-kansas-state-hostage/

This article was LOL.  Talked about how Bill's announcement would ruin the class.  LOL.  Ummmmm did we lose any commits? 

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 21, 2017, 10:10:58 AM »
Bill will stay and be less involved, and cement Sean's position as HCIW.  The only argument right now is whether Sean gets a 2 year deal (Bill opposes), or a 5 year deal (what Bill wants).

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 21, 2017, 10:15:09 AM »
ITK?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University
« Reply #207 on: December 21, 2017, 10:16:25 AM »

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/its-clear-now-more-than-ever-bill-snyder-is-holding-kansas-state-hostage/

This article was LOL.  Talked about how Bill's announcement would ruin the class.  LOL.  Ummmmm did we lose any commits?

I mean seriously, is your name Tate? You can tell us, we're family here.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 21, 2017, 10:22:16 AM »

LOL @ ruining our top 80 class

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 21, 2017, 10:32:40 AM »

Almost makes a guy wonder if things like facilities have a significant impact on a 17-year-old kid's decision making process.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 21, 2017, 11:40:44 AM »
Bill will stay and be less involved, and cement Sean's position as HCIW.  The only argument right now is whether Sean gets a 2 year deal (Bill opposes), or a 5 year deal (what Bill wants).

:excited:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2017, 02:10:57 PM »
ITK?

The daughter of a former position coach from Snyder 1.0 lives near me, the dad says that Sean is likely a done deal, and the raging debate is the length of his contract.  General Myers and Gene Taylor are both deferential to Bill, but is also leery of giving Sean too long of a leash.  Thus the debate of a 2 year contract vs. a 5 year contract. 

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2017, 02:13:26 PM »

LOL @ ruining our top 80 class

Exactly.  We are the only D1 offer for most of those losers.  Where the hell else are they gonna sign?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2017, 02:32:51 PM »
you can't give anyone a 2 year contract, how would you recruit with that crap? (insert recruiting suck jokes here)   

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2017, 02:40:35 PM »
ITK?

The daughter of a former position coach from Snyder 1.0 lives near me, the dad says that Sean is likely a done deal, and the raging debate is the length of his contract.  General Myers and Gene Taylor are both deferential to Bill, but is also leery of giving Sean too long of a leash.  Thus the debate of a 2 year contract vs. a 5 year contract.

DD you're my guy so this isn't a slam at you, but I think you were fed some crap. I absolutely refuse to believe those two men are stupid enough to offer anyone a 2 year head coaching contract, that makes absolutely zero sense. Now if you told me they were debating about 5 versus 7 years I'd buy that, but offering any head coach a two year contract, especially in this scenario, is actually dumber than Kevin Keitzman contending that raising Currie level money for Kansas State is easy.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 21, 2017, 04:32:52 PM »
ITK?

DD you're my guy so this isn't a slam at you, but I think you were fed some crap. I absolutely refuse to believe those two men are stupid enough to offer anyone a 2 year head coaching contract, that makes absolutely zero sense. Now if you told me they were debating about 5 versus 7 years I'd buy that, but offering any head coach a two year contract, especially in this scenario, is actually dumber than Kevin Keitzman contending that raising Currie level money for Kansas State is easy.

You're probably right. I was focused on the "short leash" concept, which, under the circumstances, might be logical when it would normally not be.  Sean is part of the "Snyder system", an outsider would take a couple of years to either learn/embrace the Snyder system, or implement their own system.  2 years could be rational for Sean in that scenario, despite the recruiting connotations.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 21, 2017, 04:43:44 PM »
ITK?

You're probably right. I was focused on the "short leash" concept, which, under the circumstances, might be logical when it would normally not be.  Sean is part of the "Snyder system", an outsider would take a couple of years to either learn/embrace the Snyder system, or implement their own system.  2 years could be rational for Sean in that scenario, despite the recruiting connotations.

If Sean was hired the last thing you'd want to do is to make the hire look even more unorthodox and unstable than it already is. I've been pretty vocal with my approval for Sean but if they feel like they need to do something like that to make it palatable then they shouldn't be doing it.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2017, 05:06:40 PM »
ITK?

If Sean was hired the last thing you'd want to do is to make the hire look even more unorthodox and unstable than it already is. I've been pretty vocal with my approval for Sean but if they feel like they need to do something like that to make it palatable then they shouldn't be doing it.

i’m guessing that sean may go out of his way to prove the naysayers wrong and put his own stamp on the program while maintaining the snyder way

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 21, 2017, 05:57:45 PM »
If Sean does get the job he had better choose a kickass OC and DC with great recruiting connections.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 21, 2017, 06:03:48 PM »
If Sean does get the job he had better choose a kickass OC and DC with great recruiting connections.

Agree 100%. Those can cure a lot of queasiness and potential missteps he will have if/as he transitions to being a HC.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 21, 2017, 06:18:31 PM »
How the eff will Sean be able to do that?!?  Who would risk joining his staff?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 21, 2017, 06:22:11 PM »
How the eff will Sean be able to do that?!?  Who would risk joining his staff?

Are the only good coordinators already taken and established? College football will be awful when they all eventually die.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 21, 2017, 06:34:56 PM »
There are literally thousands of football coaches in this country. Kansas State is one of the best 50 programs in all of college football, the thought that any coach couldn't get someone wanting to prove themselves on the highest stage is one of the dumbest taking points that comes from this fan base. It defies common sense but eventually it will come up in every conversation.

You'd think people here would be cogent enough to remember the unproven but fantastic staff here last time there was a coaching change. How could anyone put together a staff as good as the legendary Ron Prince?

Offline Ihaveteeth

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 21, 2017, 09:27:50 PM »
There are literally thousands of football coaches in this country. Kansas State is one of the best 50 programs in all of college football, the thought that any coach couldn't get someone wanting to prove themselves on the highest stage is one of the dumbest taking points that comes from this fan base. It defies common sense but eventually it will come up in every conversation.

You'd think people here would be cogent enough to remember the unproven but fantastic staff here last time there was a coaching change. How could anyone put together a staff as good as the legendary Ron Prince?
It's maybe the least desirable P5 position in the country.  You're following a legend at a low profile program in a dying conference.  The expectations are inflated due to the recent success of the program, but the reality is that the regional programs are dying.  Look at the current signing day returns.  The SEC is crushing everyone overall.  Outside of that, it's the traditional powers that are cleaning up.  More than ever (within the past generation), you have to be a glamour school or have a glamour coach to win recruiting battles.  KSU is ISU on paper.  ISU is fellating their coach for going 7-5.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 21, 2017, 09:34:45 PM »

It's maybe the least desirable P5 position in the country.  You're following a legend at a low profile program in a dying conference.  The expectations are inflated due to the recent success of the program, but the reality is that the regional programs are dying.  Look at the current signing day returns.  The SEC is crushing everyone overall.  Outside of that, it's the traditional powers that are cleaning up.  More than ever (within the past generation), you have to be a glamour school or have a glamour coach to win recruiting battles.  KSU is ISU on paper.  ISU is fellating their coach for going 7-5.

Agreed.