Author Topic: Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows  (Read 173242 times)

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2012, 12:24:56 AM »
Lol at Beems trying to compare tailgating experiences.

I've had multiple combo fans tell me KU's was better, especially when Mangino was coaching.

:lol:
emaw

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2012, 01:02:32 AM »
Has beems ever successfully linked a picture?

Picture works just fine for my Macbook Pro.  Perhaps you are poor and have a PC.

Also have a macbook pro, can't see crap.  You just don't know how to link pictures.

Also, LOL at you thinking a macbook pro is a status symbol of some sort.
Cosign.

Better?  (notice that thing they call a "campus" in the background - also note lack of sheep pens)

I wouldn't want to watch what the crap going on the field if I was a ukjr fan either.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2012, 01:38:45 AM »
Oh boy, chalk this one up in the loss column Beems.  Good luck next round.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2012, 06:08:04 AM »

Picture works just fine for my Macbook Pro.  Perhaps you are poor and have a PC.

Also have a macbook pro, can't see crap.  You just don't know how to link pictures.

Cosign.

Better?  (notice that thing they call a "campus" in the background - also note lack of sheep pens)

I wouldn't want to watch what the crap going on the field if I was a ukjr fan either.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like the opening game against NCU a couple of years ago aka 1000's of Free Tickets Night.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2012, 06:32:33 AM »
Memorial Stadium was renovated and updated in 2001.  Football complex finished in '08.  Next.

it was? wow, hope that did not cost much.
RIP Fatty

Offline goCats101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2012, 06:37:57 AM »
Honestly like Memorial Stadium's location, that part of campus by Potter Lake is very beautiful in the fall. The tailgating atmosphere on the Hill has its own charm to it.

With that being said, the stadium itself sucks and the atmosphere inside can really put you to sleep.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2012, 06:48:50 AM »
Man I'm so tempted to post counter-pictures to Beem's but I'm afraid he will break his neck trying to change topics.
RIP Fatty

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2012, 07:02:19 AM »
Is the hill first come first serve? For a spot?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2012, 07:06:50 AM »
That really really really empty part in the first picture is the student section.  Being on campus really helps that student support.

that actually is not the student section. The student section, however, was filled with more emaw than emaj this past Sunflower game.

well...

it was went i went to school at ku.  of course i only went to the k-state games while i was there.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2012, 07:10:44 AM »
Memorial Stadium was renovated and updated in 2001.  Football complex finished in '08.  Next.

it was? wow, hope that did not cost much.

my dad's company did this.  it was mostly just updating 70yr old bathrooms and a little paint here and there.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2012, 07:26:43 AM »

Cosign.

Nothing screams big time BCS-level football like a track and some La-Z-Boy recliners next to the field.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2012, 07:37:29 AM »
Oh jeeze, guys....I am so glad Memorial Stadium is on campus! I need to go to the library to study for a few hours before the football game today. Good thing i can "tailgate" at my daddy's tent he paid on the hill. Oh, score I remember my mom is bringing sushi! After that I am going to hit up Chad's house party on Arkansas Street and play flip cup and get all the bitches drunk!

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2012, 07:42:51 AM »
Nothing beats tailgating next to the mill across the street.
All the party busses :love: :love:
god bless KSU and their Country roots.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2012, 07:43:55 AM »
Oh jeeze, guys....I am so glad Memorial Stadium is on campus! I need to go to the library to study for a few hours before the football game today. Good thing i can "tailgate" at my daddy's tent he paid on the hill. Oh, score I remember my mom is bringing sushi! After that I am going to hit up Chad's house party on Arkansas Street and play flip cup and get all the bitches drunk!

kstatefans is THAT way------------->
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2012, 07:50:56 AM »
I dont get why Beems keeps saying KSU's attendance sucks.
Seats 50k and we average 49.8k lol KU averages like what 30k in a 50k stadium.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2012, 08:49:39 AM »
Went to the katz game last year at Memorial Stadium. "Tailgated" at the hawk and the wheel, good time, i do like that there are bars within walking distance but its not really "tailgating" per se.

Bought 2 "Children tickets, under 17 only" from a guy outside for $20 each. Walked into game with no problem and ended up sitting in the student section with some other EMAWS. Left at halftime and went back to the wheel, met current gf at the bar.

We need to embrace KU tailgating for what it is. A great change of pace and an all around relaxing good time for EMAWs to pak and revel in our athletic excellence.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2012, 09:09:20 AM »
Went to the katz game last year at Memorial Stadium. "Tailgated" at the hawk and the wheel, good time, i do like that there are bars within walking distance but its not really "tailgating" per se.

Bought 2 "Children tickets, under 17 only" from a guy outside for $20 each. Walked into game with no problem and ended up sitting in the student section with some other EMAWS. Left at halftime and went back to the wheel, met current gf at the bar.

We need to embrace KU tailgating for what it is. A great change of pace and an all around relaxing good time for EMAWs to pak and revel in our athletic excellence.

good post ben ji.  the rest of this thread -->  :flush:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2012, 09:10:49 AM »
Look at SD tryin to play all cool and above the fray.   :jerk: :rolleyes:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2012, 09:13:20 AM »
Look at SD tryin to play all cool and above the fray.   :jerk: :rolleyes:

linking a bleacherreport piece that ranks our stadium high but titling the thread something anti-KU and then posting 6 garbage pages of anti-KU stuff doesn't require me to be cool or above the fray to  :flush: it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2012, 09:15:41 AM »
Lol at Beems trying to compare tailgating experiences.

I've had multiple combo fans tell me KU's was better, especially when Mangino was coaching.
I've been to a football game at every Big 12 school and I have never heard of such a story. Why is it when preseason college football magazines come out for top 25 list of gameday experiences, Kstate seems to sneak it's way into that list? But hey, there's sheep around, so it blows, HUR HUR HUR.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2012, 09:27:23 AM »

You didn't have to pay for tickets friend.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2012, 09:29:27 AM »

You didn't have to pay for tickets friend.

When EMAW is in town yes you do.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2012, 09:37:58 AM »
Could you guys imagine if we just slapped some extra bleachers on Memorial Stadium and still played at that dump like KU decided to do? Oh, man thank God we didn't do that.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2012, 09:39:47 AM »
Look, if Beems legitimately thing Memorial is as nice as BSFS then I can't help him.  You can't win an arguement with that type of stupidity.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2012, 10:02:50 AM »

good post ben ji.  the rest of this thread -->  :flush:

hey sd.   :bait: