Author Topic: 13-1 is now 21-5  (Read 13212 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 13-1 is now 21-5
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2012, 09:43:26 AM »
Very disheartening for many field events to be relegated to 2nd tier status . . . which is what happens when you hold a conference meet at place like ku.  Plus you've got to pack up and move multiple decathlon and heptathlon events out of the stadium as well.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2012, 09:50:12 AM »
Oh yeah, one other kind of big deal.  ku has never completely reconfigured the track for modern distances, so some events just aren't going to be the correct distances, and their high jump area is a joke.

I saw several people mention this on Wabash as well. 

But don't worry, the stand alone outdoor track is going to happen any day now, its only been a good 7 or 8 years (and that's being extremely nice, more like 20 plus).

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2012, 09:55:39 AM »
Oh yeah, one other kind of big deal.  ku has never completely reconfigured the track for modern distances, so some events just aren't going to be the correct distances, and their high jump area is a joke.

I saw several people mention this on Wabash as well. 

But don't worry, the stand alone outdoor track is going to happen any day now, its only been a good 7 or 8 years (and that's being extremely nice, more like 20 plus).

Wow, what a joke of a track.  I wonder why KU even keeps it there in the football stadium if they can't even use it.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2012, 10:30:58 AM »
Never thought about this much but I think the question deserves to be asked: Is Memorial Stadium as a decrepit track/field facility or Memorial Stadium as a "football" facility more of an embarrassment to the Sunflower State?

Combined in one location, this may be the biggest zit on the face of Kansas since BTK.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 13-1 is now 20-5
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2012, 10:50:25 AM »
KU's won 2 of 3 in baseball.  Went to the Sweet Sixteen in women's basketball.  Finished #6 in women's indoor track.  Both outdoor track teams are top 25.  Almost won the national championship and went to the Final Four in men's basketball.  What a joke the KC Star has become.  K-State can't sniff that type of success in any sport.

classic beems.

first, KSU took 2 of 3.  KU won a pseudo exhibition non-conference game during the week.  One of those types games where you throw the 5th guy in your rotation.  But of the three conference contests KSU took two.

second, KU sucked in women's basketball and lucked out with a train wreck bracket.  KSU swept KU in hoops.  Please try and stay on topic.

'grats on KU men's basketball.

KU football...well, we know about that one.  That is why you try to bring up victories from 1937..."the FDR era of the series"

As for track...KU did finish higher than KSU in the women's outdoor track but the men finished lower. 

Everywhere you look KSU is owning KU and it drives beems nuts.  If my only alternative was to rejoice about some 1937 football game then I'd probably just pass on contributing to the topic.
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2012, 11:27:33 AM »
KU's won 2 of 3 in baseball.  Went to the Sweet Sixteen in women's basketball.  Finished #6 in women's indoor track.  Both outdoor track teams are top 25.  Almost won the national championship and went to the Final Four in men's basketball.  What a joke the KC Star has become.  K-State can't sniff that type of success in any sport.
KU football...well, we know about that one.  That is why you try to bring up victories from 1937..."the FDR era of the series"
:thumbs:

'Hatter, you are killing it. As always.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2012, 12:15:47 PM »

classic beems.

first, KSU took 2 of 3.  KU won a pseudo exhibition non-conference game during the week.  One of those types games where you throw the 5th guy in your rotation.  But of the three conference contests KSU took two.

second, KU sucked in women's basketball and lucked out with a train wreck bracket.  KSU swept KU in hoops.  Please try and stay on topic.

'grats on KU men's basketball.

As for track...KU did finish higher than KSU in the women's outdoor track but the men finished lower. 

Everywhere you look KSU is owning KU and it drives beems nuts.  If my only alternative was to rejoice about some 1937 football game then I'd probably just pass on contributing to the topic.

KU and K-State split in baseball - 2-2.  KU won a non-con game earlier in the year.

KU women went to the Sweet Sixteen, even after losing their best player to a horrible knee injury halfway through the season.  K-State scored the least amount of points ever in an NCAA tournament game and got rocked by UConn.  No one gives a sh*t about women's sports anyway, but KU was one of three teams to get to the Sweet Sixteen in men's and women's hoops.

Yeah, how long has it been since K-State reached a Final Four or competed for a national title in something other than fishing/soil judging?  How long has it been since K-State won a regular season Big 12 title?  TIA.

KU football... congrats on Turner Gill, clown boy.  Must feel amazing beating up on the worst coach in d-1 history.

As for track... the KU women are ranked #5 in the nation, and the men are ranked #23.  The KU women finished #6 in indoor track as well.

K-State measures their success on beating KU, while KU measures our success on winning conference titles and national championships.  K-State can't sniff Final Fours or national titles, so you make the KU game your Super Bowl and brag about beating us in sports that no one gives a sh*t about.  There are several sports KU competes in that K-State is too poor to have.  You have the smallest baseball stadium in the Big 12 and crappy facilities.  The best it gets for Hayseed Tech fans is bragging about those wins over Turner Gill and our women's softball team.  Congrats.  You guys are truly big time.

:lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2012, 12:21:27 PM »
Beems you realize our volleyball team went to the sweet sixteen, right? Both men's basketball and women to the round of 32, and well you know how football went. KU=  :flush:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 12:23:09 PM by fanningksu »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2012, 12:30:43 PM »
Beems you realize our volleyball team went to the sweet sixteen, right? Both men's basketball and women to the round of 32, and well you know how football went. KU=  :flush:

Wow... your volleyball team went to the Sweet Sixteen.  Big time.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2012, 12:35:23 PM »

Careful Beems, your little weiner is showing.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2012, 12:36:13 PM »

Didn't you brag about your track and field teams earlier?  :lol: Talk about big time!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2012, 12:39:29 PM »

Didn't you brag about your track and field teams earlier?  :lol: Talk about big time!

When was the last time K-State finished ranked in the top 5 of any sport? 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2012, 12:42:27 PM »
21-5 is just KILLING Beems.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2012, 12:43:45 PM »

Except opposite. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2012, 12:46:02 PM »

Except opposite.
Of coure. When I'm feeling "not butthurt" I hang out on my rivals board to beg for validation. Congrats on your butthurt.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2012, 12:48:41 PM »

Except opposite.
Of coure. When I'm feeling "not butthurt" I hang out on my rivals board to beg for validation. Congrats on your butthurt.

I never thought I'd see the day when fanningksu clownsuited Beems.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2012, 12:50:43 PM »

Except opposite.

I never thought I'd see the day when fanningksu clownsuited Beems.
  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 12:54:32 PM by fanningksu »

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2012, 12:51:34 PM »

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2012, 12:53:19 PM »
2!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2012, 12:55:51 PM »
it's sad  to see ku football fan hold onto the orange bowl the way they do.  very similar to how mu hoops fans grasp for thin air when discussing basketball.

gmafb, accomplish something and then ask me if i'm willing to discuss football with you.  until then, run a long, the big kids are talking.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2012, 12:55:57 PM »
3!!! and that will do it folks fanning just put his patented sleeper hold on beems to make him tap out what a match bawh gawd

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2012, 01:02:48 PM »
3!!! and that will do it folks fanning just put his patented sleeper hold on beems to make him tap out what a match bawh gawd

:lol:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2012, 01:21:13 PM »
I feel like Zenger should not focus on the past 24 months of beatings we have given ku and discus the success they had in the late 30's and early 40's.

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2012, 02:11:35 PM »
oh mah gawd thats fanning's music!

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2012, 02:49:36 PM »
Seriously, though, you guys can have 21-5.  We'll take this:

And this:

:love: