Author Topic: FITZ and others have mentioned  (Read 3853 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
FITZ and others have mentioned
« on: December 22, 2013, 03:29:15 PM »
Marcus Foster's lack of conditioning?  How is this possible at the D1 level?  Heck, as a 55 year old Colonel, I was in good enough shape to keep up with the 18 year old soldiers on long foot patrols in full combat gear in 130 degree heat!  So how is it that an 18 year old basketball player is not in proper shape?  In my mind, someone needs to put a boot in Marcus' rear end and get him in shape.  Can you imagine what he could do with the proper "conditioning"?  Am I missing something?   

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
bears are fast...

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: FITZ and others have mentioned
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 03:33:01 PM »
He'll be fine. He's playing 75% of the minutes in oscar ' system, which actually uses a lot of energy between ball pressure defense and running around in motion sets. Eventually they'll probably do some stuff like they did with Rodney and stand him in the corner for 15-20 minutes of a possession.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 04:01:08 PM »
Looks like he has some pounds he needs to convert to muscle during off-season conditioning, aka Gipson, but not nearly so much. I think that's what people are referring to more than lack of conditioning.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 04:03:02 PM »
Fitz is a rough ridin' fat idiot.

Offline pencat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 04:03:55 PM »
Marcus Foster's lack of conditioning?  How is this possible at the D1 level?  Heck, as a 55 year old Colonel, I was in good enough shape to keep up with the 18 year old soldiers on long foot patrols in full combat gear in 130 degree heat!  So how is it that an 18 year old basketball player is not in proper shape?  In my mind, someone needs to put a boot in Marcus' rear end and get him in shape.  Can you imagine what he could do with the proper "conditioning"?  Am I missing something?   

Typical military officer arrogance. As you were! :horrorsurprise:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 04:06:27 PM »
Anybody who at 6'2" can still knee John Stockton's son in the face on his way to a dunk in the second half of a basketball game against a ranked team is in good enough shape for me. I'm sure Fitz gets winded during the walk from his office to the Tubby's, so he's not really one to talk.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 04:51:52 PM »
Why does Fitz get to do radio segments?

He's not bringing anything to the table and his opinions are pretty dry.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 05:03:46 PM »
It's frustrating when I can't tell whether or not a post is an actual opinion or copy/pasted from gpc or something.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 05:27:52 PM »
He'll be fine. He's playing 75% of the minutes in oscar ' system, which actually uses a lot of energy between ball pressure defense and running around in motion sets. Eventually they'll probably do some stuff like they did with Rodney and stand him in the corner for 15-20 minutes of a possession.

That's a hell of a possession.   :impatient:

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 05:38:54 PM »
The other thing re Fitz is that he gives these kinds of observations in lieu of any real analysis, insights or, you know, reporting.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 05:43:38 PM »
The other thing re Fitz is that he gives these kinds of observations in lieu of any real analysis, insights or, you know, reporting.

You gotta give the people what they want.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2013, 05:55:58 PM »
It's @lifeoffitz

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 06:08:23 PM »
It's @lifeoffitz

Fitz reads this board all the time.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 07:31:43 PM »
it took me such an embarrassingly long time to realize when threads were gpc cut and pastes that i still take immense satisfaction in spotting them (even if they're as obvious as this one)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 07:34:47 PM »
Dang, I've been reading/posting on my phone and finally realized I got gP trolled.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 09:33:42 PM »
Why does Fitz get to do radio segments?

He's not bringing anything to the table and his opinions are pretty dry.

Because our athletic department doesn't think they actually need basketball people to analyze basketball.

It's frustrating when I can't tell whether or not a post is an actual opinion or copy/pasted from gpc or something.
This is the most obvious one o.a.t. Bookie Pimp as a 55 year old colonel? I thought everyone on here knows who Bookie Pimp is?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 07:42:17 AM »

This is the most obvious one o.a.t. Bookie Pimp as a 55 year old colonel? I thought everyone on here knows who Bookie Pimp is?

The best part of that thread is when the tucks started defending the Colonel.

Re: FITZ and others have mentioned   Reply
The fact that some of you are making fun of a Colonel is mind blowing!
12/22 6:15 PM | IP: Logged

SEKScat

On the depth chart
Post #2242
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   

Originally posted by tgater:
The fact that some of you are making fun of a Colonel is mind blowing!
Totally agree. This is a legitimate post based on an observation from Fitz. There's just very little respect on this board any more.
12/22 6:38 PM | IP: Logged

Also this. 

tracer22

On the depth chart
Post #2305

MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   

You really think a fvcking college basketball player is in better shape than an infantry Soldier? You're fvcking high. I could beat the crap out of foster and I'm a staff NCO. Luckily for K-state he's a much better basketball player than I will ever be. Never in your shitty life think that a college athlete could ever take an infantry Soldier
12/22 9:38 PM | IP: Logged
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 07:43:15 AM »

I know...I have to really read the post and go all Sherlock Holmes.
@mikec2w

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 08:45:31 AM »
You guys are silly. This is a real post, not one of those GPC cut and paste jobs.  How do I know?  Bookie Pimp was my commanding officer over in Desert Storm.  He taught me how to kill a man using only my thumbs and unfortunately I had to use that skill a couple of times over there.

:kstatriot:

Offline GoPowercat.com

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 08:53:11 AM »
It's @lifeoffitz

And just what would make you think such a thing?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 08:59:39 AM »
You guys are silly. This is a real post, not one of those GPC cut and paste jobs.  How do I know?  Bookie Pimp was my commanding officer over in Desert Storm.  He taught me how to kill a man using only my thumbs and unfortunately I had to use that skill a couple of times over there.

Brock, on a scale of 1 to 10 how much more of a badass are you than some pissant D-1 athlete?  And be honest, if you could stick your boots up their ass and beat the living crap out of those pussies, we should probably know.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2013, 09:05:21 AM »
It's @lifeoffitz

And just what would make you think such a thing?

He copies our stories shortly after we break them.  He is never first with any breaking K-State news.  Always just after us.  It's pretty obvious.

Also, the mods use super computer skills to locate the IP address of his employees

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 09:16:22 AM »

Brock, on a scale of 1 to 10 how much more of a badass are you than some pissant D-1 athlete?  And be honest, if you could stick your boots up their ass and beat the living crap out of those pussies, we should probably know.

I bet Brock could drive his jacked up Chevy Colorado to Rustys, slam 5 Icehouse big beers, smoke AT LEAST 10 Marlboro Mediums and beat the hell out of Gipson.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 09:21:27 AM »

I try not to think about it in terms of being a badass (but probably a 7 or 8 on your scale, certainly not a 10 since I can't dunk).  I'm just a guy protecting our freedom and keeping bad guys from hurting the good ol' U S of A.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2013, 09:22:35 AM »

I try not to think about it in terms of being a badass (but probably a 7 or 8 on your scale, certainly not a 10 since I can't dunk).  I'm just a guy protecting our freedom and keeping bad guys from hurting the good ol' U S of A.

Thanks for protecting our freedom from the Iraqis