Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 452945 times)

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #2775 on: April 29, 2024, 09:22:25 AM »
Robert is an all-timer when it comes to heckling. I remember at a baseball game one time he was just sitting right behind home plate, and the situation was something to the effect of cats were playing defense, there were 2 outs and 2 runners on, and Robert is loudly calling for a triple play. He's telling this batter he wants him to hit a grounder right to the 3rd baseman, so he can get step on 3rd, and then go around the horn for a triple play.

And if i was that batter I would be like omg wtf is this dude even talking about there are 2 outs and would be a total mind eff. legend.

(I don't recall how that plate appearance ended but i'm 100% sure they cats did not turn a triple play)
"Balk like a hawk" at Ku v KSTATE baseball games is my favorite... especially with no one on base.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: April 29, 2024, 10:26:25 AM »
White Owl was a meme who showed up to ku games for a few years is my understanding.  Robert has been to damn near every kstate football game since the 70s.  Two totally different things imo.

The Robert stories are unreal.  How on earth did he get to Japan?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: April 29, 2024, 10:29:04 AM »
putting that stinky perv white owl in the same sentence as Robert Lipson shows you don't know ball.  white owl is a better comparison to K-State Mask

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: April 29, 2024, 11:09:19 AM »
Y'all would know better than me, so how did he make his money, such that he can afford to travel everywhere?

I know he used to sell office supplies. I think there is a story of him sleeping in his truck for a game in Ames that was freezing so the cost of travel for him used to be just gas, tickets and food. I like to think he would get a room these days.

Somewhere in my personal archives I have a purple clicky pen that says "Robert Lipson, Account Executive" on it. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: April 29, 2024, 12:32:14 PM »
putting that stinky perv white owl in the same sentence as Robert Lipson shows you don't know ball.  white owl is a better comparison to K-State Mask

Yeah, I didn't really intend to equate them, other than their sort of fan mascot status. Robert is no White Owl, and White Owl is no Robert.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: April 29, 2024, 04:27:42 PM »
My last direct encounter with Robert was at the ISU game in Ames in 2022. We were tailgating with a bunch of ISU friends all day long (was a night game) and around Noon, I saw Robert milling around, doing his usual thing (loads of zip lock bags in his jacket, going from tailgate to tailgate and filling them with food).

I yell out to Robert to get him to come over so that our ISU friends can have this treasured experience. We show Robert the food display and then he starts going through each food item, one-by-one, making the call as to whether or not the food is zip lock bag worthy. And, then he starts critiquing the food in his special way ("next time, if you cook the hamburgers longer so that they don't fall apart, I'll be able to eat more" etc.).

And, after he criticizes most of the food and walks away, our ISU friend says, "Who the hell does that Rainman [redacted] think he is telling us how to cook our food?"

It was delightful.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: April 29, 2024, 06:18:55 PM »
Young Robert in 1986 from a coffee table book called "A week at Kansas State". Gtfoomf with comparing him to the white owl. Robert has been part of EMAW lore since before I was even alive.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 06:23:12 PM by ben ji »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: April 29, 2024, 06:26:05 PM »
“Stomp the Gayhawks”

My man had a legendary five o’clock shadow

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: April 29, 2024, 06:53:52 PM »
“Stomp the Gayhawks”

My man had a legendary five o’clock shadow

Lol, didn't notice the button but you have to admit that hat is pretty elite.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: April 29, 2024, 07:18:42 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: April 29, 2024, 07:20:18 PM »
Also, in typical Robert fashion, no less than three layers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: April 29, 2024, 07:21:23 PM »
Whoever gets to sit next to him on the flight to and from Ireland is going to be in for the best 8 hours of their lives
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: April 30, 2024, 04:30:14 PM »
Whoever gets to sit next to him on the flight to and from Ireland is going to be in for the best 8 hours of their lives

It should be Sean Snyder