Author Topic: Great news Cats fans: Science proves we are younger, richer and not bandwagon  (Read 215911 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: Great news Cats fans: Science proves we are younger, richer and not bandwagon
« Reply #825 on: February 20, 2012, 04:38:36 PM »
Ben,

Is that girl the same girl from the infamous argyle sweater picture?  The girl with the janky nose?

Seems like you guys were happy together, kinda makes me sad for you.  Hope the new Oregon State girl treats you well and isn't a gold-digger.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Great news Cats fans: Science proves we are younger, richer and not bandwagon
« Reply #826 on: February 20, 2012, 05:17:33 PM »
Using the pics as a reference, Ben must weight approx 115 lbs.  I mean, the chick is like the same size as him and she weighs 105, right?  Is Ben like 5'5" or something?  :dunno:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 20, 2012, 06:12:12 PM »
Ben,

Is that girl the same girl from the infamous argyle sweater picture?  The girl with the janky nose?

Seems like you guys were happy together, kinda makes me sad for you.  Hope the new Oregon State girl treats you well and isn't a gold-digger.

LOL.  Yes.  The Oregon State girl is great  Thanks, OK Cat. 

:cheers:

Using the pics as a reference, Ben must weight approx 115 lbs.  I mean, the chick is like the same size as him and she weighs 105, right?  Is Ben like 5'5" or something?  :dunno:

:confused:

I'm about 5'11 180. 

:dunno:

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 20, 2012, 08:14:33 PM »
I also fully understand why you're in fully blown validation and affirmation mode . . . everything you were gloating about 2 years except for ku men's basketball has been burned to the ground.   Now ku athletics just hopes it can get all the bills paid and needs the welfare like direct support from the university and the compulsory fees the students are forced to pay in order barely finish in the black.

Meanwhile K-State athletics has $36 million in net revenues the past two years and had raised $45 million in private contributions in just 2 years.   Easily outpacing ku athletics over that same time period.

Pffffttttt... this thread is one big defense mechanism that you guys bust out whenever you want to keep your egos from shattering.  K-State basketball is NIT-bound and you just got 44-3'ed on your homecourt again, so now it's time to take a break from reality and focus on those warm, fuzzy net revenue numbers.  Nevermind that KU just spent over $100 million on athletic facilities over the past several years and has much better, more modern facilities than K-State.  Nevermind that KU is only the 2nd school besides Florida to win a national title in basketball and a BCS Bowl in football in the same season.  You guys went to the Cotton Bowl and fired up the hayseeds, and now you're finally coming close to competing with KU financially.  Too bad Turner Gill is gone and KU's football revenue will return to normal in the coming seasons.  Too bad you guys still don't have anything to show for all of that hard work when it comes to the trophy case.  Too bad LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder can't live forever.  

Do you know what modern means?

Ummm... yes.  KU has modern facilities across the board.  Just built new/modern football facilities, basketball facilities, baseball facilities, rowing facilities, softball facilities, soccer facilities, etc, all within the past 4-5 years.

KU's football "stadium" and basketball barnhouse are not modern.  They smell bad and will probably fall apart any day now.  Modern,  :lol:

Wow... good one.  I guess the $42 million they just put into AFH didn't get much press out in Hayseed, KS.   

Please tell me $42 million got more than 1 and a 1/2 courts, a locker room, a bunch of pictures and words on the wall, the spelling of Kansas and the Jayhawk all over the place, some banners, and a concession stand.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 21, 2012, 01:46:20 PM »
I also fully understand why you're in fully blown validation and affirmation mode . . . everything you were gloating about 2 years except for ku men's basketball has been burned to the ground.   Now ku athletics just hopes it can get all the bills paid and needs the welfare like direct support from the university and the compulsory fees the students are forced to pay in order barely finish in the black.

Meanwhile K-State athletics has $36 million in net revenues the past two years and had raised $45 million in private contributions in just 2 years.   Easily outpacing ku athletics over that same time period.

Pffffttttt... this thread is one big defense mechanism that you guys bust out whenever you want to keep your egos from shattering.  K-State basketball is NIT-bound and you just got 44-3'ed on your homecourt again, so now it's time to take a break from reality and focus on those warm, fuzzy net revenue numbers.  Nevermind that KU just spent over $100 million on athletic facilities over the past several years and has much better, more modern facilities than K-State.  Nevermind that KU is only the 2nd school besides Florida to win a national title in basketball and a BCS Bowl in football in the same season.  You guys went to the Cotton Bowl and fired up the hayseeds, and now you're finally coming close to competing with KU financially.  Too bad Turner Gill is gone and KU's football revenue will return to normal in the coming seasons.  Too bad you guys still don't have anything to show for all of that hard work when it comes to the trophy case.  Too bad LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder can't live forever.  

Do you know what modern means?

Ummm... yes.  KU has modern facilities across the board.  Just built new/modern football facilities, basketball facilities, baseball facilities, rowing facilities, softball facilities, soccer facilities, etc, all within the past 4-5 years.

KU's football "stadium" and basketball barnhouse are not modern.  They smell bad and will probably fall apart any day now.  Modern,  :lol:

Wow... good one.  I guess the $42 million they just put into AFH didn't get much press out in Hayseed, KS.   

Please tell me $42 million got more than 1 and a 1/2 courts, a locker room, a bunch of pictures and words on the wall, the spelling of Kansas and the Jayhawk all over the place, some banners, and a concession stand.

New basketball facility, donor section atrium, locker rooms, hall of fame, restrooms, concession stands, sky walk from AFH to the parking garage, coach's offices, etc, etc.  Please tell me you didn't go to K-State.  A true K-State grad knows how much money goes into engineering costs, especially when it comes to upgrading a building that was built in 1955.   

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
http://businessofcollegesports.com/2012/03/19/most-profitable-athletic-departments-big-12/

While six Big 12 athletic departments saw profits in excess of one million dollars (Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech), two departments’ profits stand out.  In particular, both Kansas State and Texas earned over twenty million dollars in profit in 2010-11.  Kansas State achieved profits of $23,395,408.00, while Texas had profits of $24,317,815.00.  Interestingly, though, is the fact that Kansas State’s revenues in that same year were $68,875,266.00, while Texas’ were $150,295,932.00.  Texas’ expenditures, on the other hand, were nearly three-times that of Kansas State’s.

:gocho:

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
http://businessofcollegesports.com/2012/03/19/most-profitable-athletic-departments-big-12/

While six Big 12 athletic departments saw profits in excess of one million dollars (Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech), two departments’ profits stand out.  In particular, both Kansas State and Texas earned over twenty million dollars in profit in 2010-11.  Kansas State achieved profits of $23,395,408.00, while Texas had profits of $24,317,815.00.  Interestingly, though, is the fact that Kansas State’s revenues in that same year were $68,875,266.00, while Texas’ were $150,295,932.00.  Texas’ expenditures, on the other hand, were nearly three-times that of Kansas State’s.

but, but, but....I thought I read on this board that our AD was a POS?  I thought everyone was calling for his head????  i'm so confused.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
need to spend some of that crap on groceries!

and :kstategrad:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

but, but, but....I thought I read on this board that our AD was a POS?  I thought everyone was calling for his head????  i'm so confused.

Good luck turning profit like that when Sean and Unds are the head coaches.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
What is it about goEMAW that nearly every poster focuses on future worst case scenarios?  I really don't understand this...if it's not "wait till Sean's coach" it's "we're absolutely headed to the MVC or MWC" or "there's no way we will win this game" or "next year we are going to suck".  Maybe having the company of other "defeatists" is what makes this board so popular...it's a place where "doomsdayers" get to come and commisserate with out having to put up with all of the "tucks with purple tinted glasses".  It's really an interesting dynamic.  I really feel sorry for a lot of the posters on this board...must have really shitty lives.  How enjoyable can it be to live life constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
What is it about goEMAW that nearly every poster focuses on future worst case scenarios?  I really don't understand this...if it's not "wait till Sean's coach" it's "we're absolutely headed to the MVC or MWC" or "there's no way we will win this game" or "next year we are going to suck".  Maybe having the company of other "defeatists" is what makes this board so popular...it's a place where "doomsdayers" get to come and commisserate with out having to put up with all of the "tucks with purple tinted glasses".  It's really an interesting dynamic.  I really feel sorry for a lot of the posters on this board...must have really shitty lives.  How enjoyable can it be to live life constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop?
People are upset about Jamar.  Maybe they're using goEMAW as a tool, an outlet.  It's okay if they vent here.  Better "here" than "out there," with their friends and families.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

How on earth do you not get bbs'ing yet?

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

I guess I'm slow.  So the goal is to see who can say that stupidist crap?  Well there are lots of over achievers on this board.  I left gopo looking for intelligent discussion...it's why I enjoy _Fan's posts.  Wish there was more of that and less "bbs'ing".

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ok Unds as the head coach is an exaggeration, but Frank not wanting to work for Currie and going elsewhere is a realistic possibility right now.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
fuktard has a knack for making me facepalm even when I sort of agree with him. Just an amazing delivery does it, I think.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
wow, how on earth did i miss the beems meltdown? :sdeek:

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
fuktard has a knack for making me facepalm even when I sort of agree with him. Just an amazing delivery does it, I think.

I just need to go back to "sysdax" so i fit in.  I'm such a rough ridin' tuck and it makes me an outcast.  I just want to think the best for my cats....I mean what a rough ridin' incredible year to be a KSU Cat.  The Cotton Bowl and a win in the tourney....only in my wildest dreams 10 years ago...or 20, or 30.......   Think I'll go with a more appropriate "kimzacker" and blast away at how shitty we are in anything sports related.  That should get rid of the feelings of facepalm. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

I guess I'm slow.  So the goal is to see who can say that stupidist crap?  Well there are lots of over achievers on this board.  I left gopo looking for intelligent discussion...it's why I enjoy _Fan's posts.  Wish there was more of that and less "bbs'ing".

My goal in pointing out the Sean to HC thing is to get EXACTLY your reaction i.e. "that is so stupid, they'd never do anything that stupid" then when they do, you are on board with the stupidity of it.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
fuktard, you don't have to agree with 100%, or even 50% of the stuff here. I don't agree with lots of stuff, and have 'tuck opinions' on certain issues, but i don't argue every single one of them. If i got worked up over every post that i disagreed with, i'd probably hate this place. Best to let some things slide and enjoy the ride. It's way better here than anywhere else.  iyam, imo. ftb, go cats.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
fuktard, you don't have to agree with 100%, or even 50% of the stuff here. I don't agree with lots of stuff, and have 'tuck opinions' on certain issues, but i don't argue every single one of them. If i got worked up over every post that i disagreed with, i'd probably hate this place. Best to let some things slide and enjoy the ride. It's way better here than anywhere else.  iyam, imo. ftb, go cats.

With all due respect, there's 27 pages of "Currie is a rough ridin' moron" in another thread...this is the same person that oversaw a $23M department profit (2010-2011), 2 bowls (one a Cotton Bowl) and 2 NCAA tourney appearances in 2010-2012.  I guess just don't understand bbs'ing. 

I do wonder where our beloved AD hater Dax is to comment on the dept profit...doubtful he'll show, this totally fucks up his agenda.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

With all due respect, there's 27 pages of "Currie is a rough ridin' moron" in another thread...this is the same person that oversaw a $23M department profit (2010-2011), 2 bowls (one a Cotton Bowl) and 2 NCAA tourney appearances in 2010-2012.  I guess just don't understand bbs'ing. 

I do wonder where our beloved AD hater Dax is to comment on the dept profit...doubtful he'll show, this totally fucks up his agenda.

Who called Currie a moron? I think the general board consensus is that Currie is a very intelligent, cold, calculating son of a bitch who is good at raising funds and turning a profit.

Offline bigDcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Yeah, without Currie we would have never gone to the Cotton Bowl or been in the tourney the past two years.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile

First, Currie can be good at one part of being an AD, while being "bad" at another. 2nd, don't read it if it bothers you. I probably only read 10 total pages of that thread.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah, without Currie we would have never gone to the Cotton Bowl or been in the tourney the past two years.

Currie is not responsible for our on-the-field success, but he absolutely is responsible for our record-level fundraising during the worst economic times since the great depression. He is a fantastic AD from a fundraising standpoint.

Offline bigDcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Currie is not responsible for our on-the-field success, but he absolutely is responsible for our record-level fundraising during the worst economic times since the great depression. He is a fantastic AD from a fundraising standpoint.

Absolutely. I won't argue that. Currie has done a good job of taking advantage of our on-the-field success and turning it into :kstategrad: