Author Topic: Great news Cats fans: Science proves we are younger, richer and not bandwagon  (Read 215898 times)

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
On this Easter weekend, let's all remember how good we have it compared those living in Douglas County:

"But the numbers that may catch the attention of Lawrence residents more than any are the ones that show what has happened west of here in Manhattan. In 2004, Manhattan and Lawrence both had roughly the same per capita income of about $27,000 per year. By 2009, Lawrence’s had grown to about $32,000. Manhattan’s had soared to $40,358."

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2011/apr/21/douglas-county-capita-income-continues-lag-behind-/

this gap is only going to widen once NBAF gets established.  scientists, with all their intellectual property and general status as elite academics, easily make 3 to 4 times as much as your average Lawrence hayseed farmer or bar keep.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
The wealth gap between the fanbases is widening.  I hope Turner can pray his way to some wins to placate those serfs.  I don't want them loading up their pig trucks and heading our way.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
How will the phog flat earthers attack these stats?

They'll put some more fake salaries into payscale.com

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/sep/14/report-kansas-athletics-debt-rise/

So what is the point of that headline?

S
M
E
A
R
!

All the hate shows me something -- someone fears us.

That's good.

If I was a graduate of someplace other thsn KU, I'd fear Turner Gill's next twenty years & Bill Self's next fifteen years at KU too.

But how pathetic to write & title a story like this, presuming your readers don't understand college athletics or issues of cost/benefit.

Where did this writer graduate from?

And why didn't the editor double check his half story?

Quote from: LinkedIn Profile
Mark Fagan: Education- University of Kansas

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This pretty much epitomizes all of butt hurt U

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Likely.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile

Likely.

Question...are we supposed to include bonuses in these talks?  Because like Frank, I generally don't.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Question...are we supposed to include bonuses in these talks?  Because like Frank, I generally don't.

Great question. 

When it comes to base salary from my employer I usually ballpark it within a hundred thousand give or take.  I figure close enough, right?

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Great question. 

When it comes to base salary from my employer I usually ballpark it within a hundred thousand give or take.  I figure close enough, right?

Doesn't everyone do this?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Question...are we supposed to include bonuses in these talks?  Because like Frank, I generally don't.

Great question.  

When it comes to base salary from my employer I usually ballpark it within a hundred thousand give or take.  I figure close enough, right?

Doesn't everyone do this?

Who here has time to sit around all day and count their money?  

I leave that cac to my accountant.  Between most of my bonuses going to tax sheltered annuities and my LLC, I’m usually like WGAF.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think it's cute how some of you young guys actually worry about a few hundred thousand bucks.  I remember those days!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Things are getting even worse in Lawrence, looks like johnny law is cracking down on their 3rd highest paying profession.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/05/16/2878185/lawrence-police-urge-people-to.html

LAWRENCE | Lawrence police are encouraging people to ignore panhandlers on private property and just walk away from them

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/05/16/2878185/lawrence-police-urge-people-to.html#ixzz1MWn2tuBf

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Things are getting even worse in Lawrence, looks like johnny law is cracking down on their 3rd highest paying profession.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/05/16/2878185/lawrence-police-urge-people-to.html

LAWRENCE | Lawrence police are encouraging people to ignore panhandlers on private property and just walk away from them

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/05/16/2878185/lawrence-police-urge-people-to.html#ixzz1MWn2tuBf

Wow, I saw LSOC give a homeless man a full meal less than a week ago.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
It is important to share your filthy dough with those less fortunate.  Sucks that in Lawrence most residents are too poor to do that.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Just like they cast away their athletes.  Don't get on the wrong side of anyone in Lawrencetucky.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
Lawrence is truly a disgrace to our great State. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Lawrence is the best city in Kansas, without question.  Manhattan is Junction City with a junior college. 

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
Lawrence is the best city in Kansas, without question.  Manhattan is Junction City with a junior college. 

opposite day?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

opposite day?

Maybe Salina with a junior college would have been a better comparison. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
But Lawrence is so poor.  So, so poor.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Many ku fans have limited horizons like this.  They are oblivious to cities with a quality of life so much better than Lawrence, and don't even realize that all cities don't smell like raw sewage like Lawrence.  Kind of sad.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Beems also thinks that the Earth is 5000 years old

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Lawrence is Puttsburgh,ks but with more fat chicks, less money and worse football.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
JCCC-L is a pretty decent school for being a satellite campus and all.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Manhattan, KS is a glorified Salina.  Sorry. 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Manhattan, KS is a glorified Salina.  Sorry. 
Let me finish my grilled cheese leftover from the Roxy's food truck that came to Manhattan and then I will have a rebuttal.