Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 933857 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #2875 on: April 21, 2011, 11:39:30 AM »
Dax's Frank Martin Watch Alert Status:

Frankcon 2 . . . I repeat Frankcon 2.

Developing . . .

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: April 21, 2011, 11:41:52 AM »

Developing . . .

:excited:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: April 21, 2011, 11:46:51 AM »

Developing . . .
deets pleez
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: April 21, 2011, 11:48:49 AM »
 :frown:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: April 21, 2011, 11:51:37 AM »
Just my thoughts.

AR not signing, he's clearly being told not to . . . the whole Miami hiring process is being slow rolled (again My Opinion) to give time to "explain" Frank to Shalala types, I suspect that Miami money types want Frank, and they're saying so, and likely make a strong play that this Jeter guy doesn't have Frank's recruiting ties.    There's likely all kinds of stuff going on behind the scenes to put it all together. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: April 21, 2011, 11:52:14 AM »
Even after that very informational thread, I can't figure out WTF Kstateo is.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Kstateo&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1680&bih=945

It's pretty great that this pulls up the national ag safety database, too (complete with tuck)

looks shirtless to me :horrorsurprise:

Only a tuck would mow their yard with their shirt tucked in, or possibly even shirtless.  And of course wearing jeans while mowing.
ass-less chaps :horrorsurprise:
Hey hayseed, chaps are inherently ass-less.
please note the specific ass cut out.  Come to the big city and I will open your eyes.

And to those wondering about hearing protection, yes there is an insurance issue.  Also you should not use headphones while mowing.  Get and over the ear muff and then ear buds or some sort of integrated system.  If you are just using your head phones and listening to music you will have to increase the volume a lot to hear the music over the mower.  
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: April 21, 2011, 11:57:12 AM »
Just my thoughts.

AR not signing, he's clearly being told not to . . . the whole Miami hiring process is being slow rolled (again My Opinion) to give time to "explain" Frank to Shalala types, I suspect that Miami money types want Frank, and they're saying so, and likely make a strong play that this Jeter guy doesn't have Frank's recruiting ties.    There's likely all kinds of stuff going on behind the scenes to put it all together. 

seems reasonable.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: April 21, 2011, 12:01:29 PM »
I just think Art and Shaky live in their own bizarro (and highly entertaining) world and Angel is pulled into it.

And I don't think Miami is into playing some smoke-screen game to get Frank. More proof: http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/28705752

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: April 21, 2011, 12:05:48 PM »
1%
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: April 21, 2011, 12:09:56 PM »
Dax just got bodyslammed by Gary Parrish.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: April 21, 2011, 12:21:05 PM »
Yeah, because when an AD is in discussions with a coach about a job, that absolutely means the job will ultimately be offered.   :rolleyes: 

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: April 21, 2011, 12:23:17 PM »
Gary Parrish just took the ball from Dax, drained a fadeaway 3 and walked off.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: April 21, 2011, 12:23:56 PM »
Yeah, because when the Miami hiring process has taken longer than expected, that means there is a 70% chance Frank will be hired.  :rolleyes:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: April 21, 2011, 12:25:35 PM »
When's Angel signing fellas, thought that was going down 2 days ago, how long has the early signing period been open now, a week right??  How come AR hasn't signed his LOI??

If Frank's not going anywhere, how come AR hasn't put his signature on the line that his dotted over a week into the signing period??

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: April 21, 2011, 12:28:40 PM »
Dax just got finished raking his yard full of leaves, and Gary Parrish just came through and jumped in his piles.

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: April 21, 2011, 12:32:19 PM »
When's Angel signing fellas, thought that was going down 2 days ago, how long has the early signing period been open now, a week right??  How come AR hasn't signed his LOI??

If Frank's not going anywhere, how come AR hasn't put his signature on the line that his dotted over a week into the signing period??

If that's worth 70%, what do interviewed candidates Jeter and Larranaga come in at?  :users:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: April 21, 2011, 12:33:16 PM »
Ell full of angst and hoping for the best, but still won't answer the question.  Why hasn't AR signed his LOI?  He's committed to Frank Martin right?  Isn't that what all the tucks, powertards, frankites and emawtards say.  So if AR is committed to Frank Martin, and if the prospect of Frank Martin leaving K-State has null/void/settled, why hasn't the Art controlled Angel Rodriquez signed his LOI??

Meat . . . have Jeter and Larranega been offered the job??   

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: April 21, 2011, 12:35:03 PM »
I think in today's twitter reporting world, sources and leaks are going to get out there. The trend in the past week has been moving away from Frank (especially by the Miami locals) and towards others, namely Jeter and now Larranaga. I'm not willing to give the sources and leaks enough credit to believe they could dry up the Martin to Miami talk while behind the scenes it was actually increasing and at the same time letting out the smoke screens of Jeter/Larranaga. I think its giving way too much credit to the mess that has been the Miami coaching search to believe that they could pull that off and get Martin in there. It just seems clear to me that no one in any power at Miami to hire a coach or influence the hire wants Frank Martin.

Name me the Art/Shaky signee that has gone completely according to some sort of logical plan? I just think Art/Shaky have told Angel to wait until Miami hires their coach to make absolutely sure that Frank is staying at K-State. I'm sure Frank doesn't care either way, he trusts those guys to get him the players he wants. The signing period doesn't end until mid-May anyway. I would only be concerned if info was getting out there that some other high-major was making a run at Angel while he waited, and there has been nothing like that out there.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: April 21, 2011, 12:39:13 PM »
Thanks for making my point FAN . . . Art and Shaky both know that Frank and Miami is still in play and anybody who thinks that isn't the case is just a dumbass.

In about 80% of coaching searches AD's talk to more than 1 guy, so Tweets about the Miami AD talking to this coach or that coach don't mean all that much.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: April 21, 2011, 12:41:32 PM »
Thanks for making my point FAN . . . Art and Shaky both know that Frank and Miami is still in play and anybody who thinks that isn't the case is just a dumbass.

In about 80% of coaching searches AD's talk to more than 1 guy, so Tweets about the Miami AD talking to this coach or that coach don't mean all that much.

Until Miami announces a coach not named Frank Martin there is always a chance, I just think it is still extremely slight.

And I'm not talking about the Parrish tweet, I'm talking about those from around Miami the past couple of days. All of them point to Miami not going after Frank at this point.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: April 21, 2011, 12:45:13 PM »
Dax just boarded a US Airways flight in coach, only to see Gary Parrish on the same flight posted up in first class.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: April 21, 2011, 12:48:39 PM »
Dax just boarded a US Airways flight in coach, only to see Gary Parrish on the same flight posted up in first class.

It's US Airways, on many flights they don't have 1st class, and on the one's they do, who  :ck:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: April 21, 2011, 12:51:38 PM »

Until Miami announces a coach not named Frank Martin there is always a chance, I just think it is still extremely slight.

And I'm not talking about the Parrish tweet, I'm talking about those from around Miami the past couple of days. All of them point to Miami not going after Frank at this point.

There's always 15 things going on behind the scenes that people don't even know about in these deals.

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: April 21, 2011, 01:02:24 PM »
I was at about a 40% chance Frank gets hired before. The 'we want a guy who respects his players' talk moved it to about a 15% chance.

Still a chance.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: April 21, 2011, 01:06:06 PM »
Well I suppose if you buy into the necessary feel good P.R. talk than you've probably got a point Brick.