Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 933857 times)

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #2175 on: April 13, 2011, 12:21:07 PM »
he's going to be so, so sad when he still doesn't get interviewed  :cry:

That statement wasn't intended for Frank.  That statement was to make it seem like Miami wasn't completely resigned to hiring one of those scrubs on their current list.

Now the AD can say that they looked at all available applicants, and Jeff Capel was the best fit for Miami (because that's who the search firm told them to go with).

It's not like the interim AD was really holding up the process, here.  Whatever it was that prevented them from hiring Frank 48 hours ago is still in place.

stupidity is correctable, even by stupid people and even if by accident.

You're making the assumption that the AD has power in this scenario.

It sounds like Shalala (or someone else) has been pulling the strings for some time.  Hence why they hired Al Golden, why Hocutt left for Tech, and why their list of applicants looked like a list you'd see at Wichita State.

I'm sure the AD has been briefed on what they want to see in a coach hired at UM, and Frank Martin does not fit that mold.

These situations are fluid and can change and adjust drastically depending on the current dynamic.

Here's what is in play now that wasn't two days ago:  Their top target rejects them to stay at Harvard (lol).  They now have added their AD to the committee.

And I don't agree that this AD is in a powerless position in the scenario, willing to passively sit back and let this search firm manage the process simply because they started it.  Every AD wants their fingerprints on the hires and personell within their department.  I highly doubt he will not be playing an active role in this hire now and may possibly bring more candidates into the fold, one of them probably being Frank.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: April 13, 2011, 12:24:06 PM »
Ya, cheating his ass off at Miami high is cool if you don't ever won't to work in that town again.  No rough ridin' way Miami was going to bring him back and let the local gator/Seminole/bulls/knights/international-whatevs  just tee off on their coach.  

Let me give you an analogy that will help convey what I am saying;  If you go kill a baby ina  village in africa, you probably cannot go coach basketball later in that same village in africa...BUT you CAN go coach in Manhattan, KS and get butt hurt about baby killer questions loads less.  Same thing.

The Miami Herald wants the baby killer to come back and coach basketball.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: April 13, 2011, 12:25:53 PM »
Frank can be had for 1.1M apparently if I were the new AD I would plea to make a low ball run at him.

catzacker

« Reply #2178 on: April 13, 2011, 12:26:38 PM »
I'm not disagreeing, but you're assuming that this guy wants Frank, and that the administration wants Frank.

We know that UM and Frank have talked already through intermediaries.  So they know Frank is/was interested if that's the case. If the administration wanted him, they would have told their lackey AD to draw up an offer.  However, it never even got close to that point.  I don't see how a new AD is going to sell this.

no, I' not assuming that this guy (or Shalalala) wants frank...atleast right now.  I'm saying that it's (a) stupid for them not to want Frank and (b) this stupidity can change - see KSU hiring Huggins as an example.  i mean, anyone who didn't tuck their shirts in tight wanted Huggins from the moment Wooly was fired, and according to Weiser, huggins wasn't even on his f'ing radar (stupid) until Eddie got in his ear.  Quickly, stupid Wesier changed and convinced our stupid Univ Pres.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: April 13, 2011, 12:29:04 PM »
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2011/04/new-miami-ad-shawn-eichorst-speaks-to-south-florida-media-part-i.html

Please take note: To this point, no individual has been excluded from consideration. And, no individual has been offered the position to coach at the University of Miami. Any account or report otherwise is inaccurate and pure speculation. From this point forward, I will take complete control of the search. I will exhaust all means to find coach who stands for the great values of this institution, is a fundamentally sound teacher of the game and will positively lead our players with a tremendous amount of passion, integrity and dedication.

Make no mistake, we are committed to doing what it takes to build a program capable of winning basketball championships. We're going to do it the old fashioned way: Hard work and a strong foundation. There are no shortcuts to building a program. In that regard, we will take as much time as necessary to find the right person for the job. It would not be appropriate to me, the University of Miami or any of the folks under consideration for the position to have any further comment regarding the search until we are ready to announce the person who will lead our program.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2011/04/new-miami-ad-shawn-eichorst-speaks-to-south-florida-media-part-i.html#ixzz1JQQOFKFo

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: April 13, 2011, 12:29:55 PM »
I'm not disagreeing, but you're assuming that this guy wants Frank, and that the administration wants Frank.

We know that UM and Frank have talked already through intermediaries.  So they know Frank is/was interested if that's the case. If the administration wanted him, they would have told their lackey AD to draw up an offer.  However, it never even got close to that point.  I don't see how a new AD is going to sell this.

no, I' not assuming that this guy (or Shalalala) wants frank...atleast right now.  I'm saying that it's (a) stupid for them not to want Frank and (b) this stupidity can change - see KSU hiring Huggins as an example.  i mean, anyone who didn't tuck their shirts in tight wanted Huggins from the moment Wooly was fired, and according to Weiser, huggins wasn't even on his f'ing radar (stupid) until Eddie got in his ear.  Quickly, stupid Wesier changed and convinced our stupid Univ Pres.

This.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: April 13, 2011, 12:30:45 PM »
How have I missed this ridiculous looking picture all this time?  That's four buttons you've got on your sailboat sail of a suit jacket Frank.  Also, look at your amazing facial expression  :lol:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: April 13, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »
"From this point forward, I will take complete control of the search".

Buckle back up, boys. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: April 13, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »
"From this point forward, I will take complete control of the search".

Buckle back up, boys. 

0%

catzacker

« Reply #2184 on: April 13, 2011, 12:34:41 PM »
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2011/04/new-miami-ad-shawn-eichorst-speaks-to-south-florida-media-part-i.html

Please take note: To this point, no individual has been excluded from consideration. And, no individual has been offered the position to coach at the University of Miami. Any account or report otherwise is inaccurate and pure speculation. From this point forward, I will take complete control of the search. I will exhaust all means to find coach who stands for the great values of this institution, is a fundamentally sound teacher of the game and will positively lead our players with a tremendous amount of passion, integrity and dedication.

Make no mistake, we are committed to doing what it takes to build a program capable of winning basketball championships. We're going to do it the old fashioned way: Hard work and a strong foundation. There are no shortcuts to building a program. In that regard, we will take as much time as necessary to find the right person for the job. It would not be appropriate to me, the University of Miami or any of the folks under consideration for the position to have any further comment regarding the search until we are ready to announce the person who will lead our program.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2011/04/new-miami-ad-shawn-eichorst-speaks-to-south-florida-media-part-i.html#ixzz1JQQOFKFo

goodbye, Frank.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: April 13, 2011, 12:36:59 PM »
What we can do is bring in an ambassador of the game, who will not only to help us build the program by winning games and championships, but be extremely passionate about 'The U.' We have to hold everyone accountable, not just the student-athletes and the coach. We're all going to be held accountable for supporting this program. We're going to get it done.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2011/04/new-miami-ad-shawn-eichorst-speaks-to-south-florida-media-part-ii.html#ixzz1JQSWSDDI

:runaway:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:39:10 PM by Ira Hayes »

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: April 13, 2011, 12:37:49 PM »
DOES THE BASKETBALL SEARCH START FROM SCRATCH?

The process is under evaluation at this point too. I'm not really sure, we'll figure things out in next 24 hours. But, again, everyone who has an interest in being our basketball coach at the University of Miami will get consideration. So, at this time, I really can't give you any more information than that.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2011/04/new-miami-ad-shawn-eichorst-speaks-to-south-florida-media-part-ii.html#ixzz1JQSu2vvM

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: April 13, 2011, 12:41:13 PM »
Warm up the plane tracker, motherfuckers!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: April 13, 2011, 12:41:57 PM »
He's gone. When was a-r-t supposed to sign? Today? That won't happen.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: April 13, 2011, 12:45:24 PM »
Supposedly the late signing period begins today.  I don't know what the window is though, but I'm sure Frank won't let it happen until everything is resolved with Miami.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: April 13, 2011, 12:46:35 PM »
Supposedly the late signing period begins today.  I don't know what the window is though, but I'm sure Frank won't let it happen until everything is resolved with Miami.

Doesn't it last through May, or something like that?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: April 13, 2011, 12:46:54 PM »
I'll miss 95 and omari as well. Genius job of using Rome and ap by frank. Rallied the local fans and media into a go get frank frenzy. Was fun while it lasted. Greg Marshall?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: April 13, 2011, 12:48:44 PM »

Doesn't it last through May, or something like that?

May 18th.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: April 13, 2011, 12:49:22 PM »
Cannot wait to see Frank walk for pay cut, higher cost of living, and put Te out on the street

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: April 13, 2011, 12:53:42 PM »
Think about how well Frank's F bombs will carry inside a small arena with about 2,000 fans in attendance.  I will be watching that crap.  Wait... will they EVER be on tv? 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: April 13, 2011, 12:54:28 PM »
Cannot wait to see Frank walk for pay cut, higher cost of living, and put Te out on the street

The absolute pinnacle of K-STATEO.  Will probably never be topped.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: April 13, 2011, 12:55:56 PM »

Can't wait for him to go off on Currie in his Miami intro presser, and when Katz or somebody nudges him to shut up, he says "may the bridges I burn light the way".

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: April 13, 2011, 12:56:54 PM »

Can't wait for him to go off on Currie in his Miami intro presser, and when Katz or somebody nudges him to shut up, he says "may the bridges I burn light the way".

:lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: April 13, 2011, 12:58:46 PM »
Yeah. That cost of living is just such a bitch. It's the main reason that I chose to live in ogden instead of Manhattan. Don't know what frank is thinking.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: April 13, 2011, 01:03:50 PM »
Ya, cheating his ass off at Miami high is cool if you don't ever won't to work in that town again.  No effing way Miami was going to bring him back and let the local gator/Seminole/bulls/knights/international-whatevs  just tee off on their coach. 

Let me give you an analogy that will help convey what I am saying;  If you go kill a baby ina  village in africa, you probably cannot go coach basketball later in that same village in africa...BUT you CAN go coach in Manhattan, KS and get butt hurt about baby killer questions loads less.  Same thing.

The Miami Herald wants the baby killer to come back and coach basketball.

[email protected]   Warm up the hatemail
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best