Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 933915 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #2075 on: April 12, 2011, 10:10:24 PM »
GottliebShow Doug Gottlieb
Nope-AD is from Wisconsin RT @BBryan75: @gottliebshow is Miami going to call Frank Martin?

this is funnier than a whore.

Cause they ran off their AD from K-State who wanted to hire Jon freaking Super Bowl Champion Gruden and made him take a loser from Temple instead.  The joke is on Miami.

It's like the group that wanted to run Jimmy Johnson out of town came back to finish the job.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: April 12, 2011, 10:16:14 PM »
And one more thing to consider:

When Frank says "I've got a lot of people calling me and wanting me to come back" he is most certainly talking about AAU and high school coaches that want to be tight with the U and would be if Frank was there.  He just stuck his neck out for them and made it look very much like he was lobbying for the job.  

Now he can go back to them and say: "crap, I tried as hard as I could and caught all kinds of hell back in Kansas, but Miami doesn't care about winning.  If you have some future Rhodes Scholars that might be a good place for them.  If you have a great basketball player that wants to win games, become a man, and get exposure, please send him my way."

Offline gokatgo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: April 12, 2011, 10:20:57 PM »

When Frank says "I've got a lot of people calling me and wanting me to come back" he is most certainly talking about AAU and high school coaches that want to be tight with the U and would be if Frank was there.  He just stuck his neck out for them and made it look very much like he was lobbying for the job.  

Now he can go back to them and say: "crap, I tried as hard as I could and caught all kinds of hell back in Kansas, but Miami doesn't care about winning.  If you have some future Rhodes Scholars that might be a good place for them.  If you have a great basketball player that wants to win games, become a man, and get exposure, please send him my way."

I'm gonna go with this one...probably bullshit, but makes me feel warm inside

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: April 12, 2011, 10:41:56 PM »

I'm gonna go with this one...probably bullshit, but makes me feel warm inside

yeah, that's the only moderately plausible feelgood explaino i've seen.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: April 12, 2011, 10:45:32 PM »
steve henson, next ksu cat head coach.  someone that k-staters can be PROUD of, he's one of us.

man, oh man.  going to be fantastic watching hensies (who wants to be here) clownsuit huggsies in the 'ta. 

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: April 12, 2011, 11:46:27 PM »
Instead of "Miami doesn't care about winning" that should be something like "Miami doesn't care about hard working guys like us.  They want Ivy League types."

I think this theory has merit. Those coaches don't funnel players to Frank without hoping for something in return.  It's much easier for him to provide tickets/connections/access/jobs and whatever else they desire if he is at Miami rather than K-State.  If it looks to them like he will stay in Kansas forever what good is he to them?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2081 on: April 13, 2011, 12:22:38 AM »
Instead of "Miami doesn't care about winning" that should be something like "Miami doesn't care about hard working guys like us.  They want Ivy League types."

I think this theory has merit. Those coaches don't funnel players to Frank without hoping for something in return.  It's much easier for him to provide tickets/connections/access/jobs and whatever else they desire if he is at Miami rather than K-State.  If it looks to them like he will stay in Kansas forever what good is he to them?
:bracketmouse:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: April 13, 2011, 01:15:27 AM »
Is it time for the Krause Doctorine??:
Former K-State AD slurs in, "Get me a napkin, a pen, and a scotch"

best

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: April 13, 2011, 02:04:37 AM »
Again, the fact that Miami doesn't even want a whiff of Frank's nut sack says all you need to know about the perception of Frank and K-State.  You are a poor man's NC State.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: April 13, 2011, 02:20:17 AM »
Yep, a shitty high school coach that no one else wants.  That whooped KU's ass last season.  How do those nuts taste, Ben?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: April 13, 2011, 02:25:22 AM »
Yep, a cacty high school coach that no one else wants.  That whooped KU's ass last season.  How do those nuts taste, Ben?

Yeah, it took tons of coaching to tell Jake Pullen to shoot lights out from three-point range and go for 38 points.  You were preseason #3 in the country.  You were supposed to win the Big 12.  K-State finished with 10+ losses and 4th in the Big 12.  That's effing pathetic.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: April 13, 2011, 03:01:34 AM »
Weird that he scares you so much then.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: April 13, 2011, 05:49:19 AM »
He feels slighted, which he hates more than anything

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: April 13, 2011, 06:00:25 AM »
Yep, a cacty high school coach that no one else wants.  That whooped KU's ass last season.  How do those nuts taste, Ben?

Yeah, it took tons of coaching to tell Jake Pullen to shoot lights out from three-point range and go for 38 points.  You were preseason #3 in the country.  You were supposed to win the Big 12.  K-State finished with 10+ losses and 4th in the Big 12.  That's effing pathetic.

If having a high BB IQ means getting called for all sorts of fouls early, getting beat early, yelling at the refs, telling your players to beat people up on defense, getting a T when the refs stop giving you the game, hitting a ridiculous amount of piss poor shots, and still almost losing, then have fun with that style of play.

His team should be ashamed ASHAMED! of how they got that game, but probably not.  They used what they could, including playing the refs and playing the contact and playing the "good, small, classy vs big meany" card to brutal execution against our bigs.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: April 13, 2011, 06:26:03 AM »
i admit that while this is an impressive list of rationalizations and alternative explanations, maybe people should just stop being so butthurt and acknowledge that frank not only wants to go to miami but is lobbying to do so.  so what if he is?  bfd.

then again, maybe people should also quit getting sucked into sissy fights with bmw.  and we know that won't happen.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: April 13, 2011, 07:16:25 AM »
he's far too calculating to merely be pouting.  

no, he's genuinely butthurt.  everyone can keep trying to find some hidden meaning in it but ultimately he's throwing a tantrum in an effort to get more money and ruining any shred of bargaining power he may have had.  i am going to enjoy the crap out of the inevitable local media interview he grants to say how it was a big misunderstanding and he loves k-state and he was taken out of context, etc.  i will then begin working on the pay frank 2011 campaign that katz will have reached out to goEMAW to lead since his client and himself have proven to be bumbling retards at trying to orchestrate one.  

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: April 13, 2011, 07:22:08 AM »
he's far too calculating to merely be pouting. 

no, he's genuinely butthurt.  everyone can keep trying to find some hidden meaning in it but ultimately he's throwing a tantrum in an effort to get more money and ruining any shred of bargaining power he may have had.  i am going to enjoy the crap out of the inevitable local media interview he grants to say how it was a big misunderstanding and he loves k-state and he was taken out of context, etc.  i will then begin working on the pay frank 2011 campaign that katz will have reached out to goEMAW to lead since his client and himself have proven to be bumbling retards at trying to orchestrate one. 

I've been lifting a lot and have gotten pretty huge.  I'm going to order a bigger PAY FRANK shirt.  An offshoot of PAY FRANK is PAY _FAN.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: April 13, 2011, 07:27:23 AM »
NorthstarBball Alex Schwartz
Can't really go into much detail...but don't expect new Miami AD Shawn Eichorst to pursue Frank Martin. Martin-to-UM talk must cease.
8 hours ago
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: April 13, 2011, 07:29:34 AM »
So is Katz to blame here?  Can't get his client in the mix so his client hail mary's something in the media?

Kinda sounds like it is time for a new agent.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: April 13, 2011, 07:31:45 AM »
So is Katz to blame here?  Can't get his client in the mix so his client hail mary's something in the media?

it doesn't take some genius agent representation to know that approaching the situation in the way he did was an awful business decision.  some things Frank should probably be able to figure out on his own. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: April 13, 2011, 07:33:30 AM »

it doesn't take some genius agent representation to know that approaching the situation in the way he did was an awful business decision.  some things Frank should probably be able to figure out on his own. 

I am talking more about Katz not being able to get Miami talking than I am Frank doing the interview.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: April 13, 2011, 07:35:38 AM »

I am talking more about Katz not being able to get Miami talking than I am Frank doing the interview.

they hired a search committee.  frank didn't meet their criteria.  what more can you do?

Offline 5601js

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: April 13, 2011, 07:41:52 AM »
If anyone followed Bob Fescoe last night on Twitter, you saw the pinnacle of low self esteem/constant need for validation in Bandwagonville in all its glory.

I had to unfollow him a couple weeks back. As enjoyable as his post-ku loss meltdowns are, his nonstop desire to spin anything about KSU/MU in a negative light reeks of small-man syndrome. I couldn't take it any more.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: April 13, 2011, 07:44:56 AM »
If anyone followed Bob Fescoe last night on Twitter, you saw the pinnacle of low self esteem/constant need for validation in Bandwagonville in all its glory.

I had to unfollow him a couple weeks back. As enjoyable as his post-ku loss meltdowns are, his nonstop desire to spin anything about KSU/MU in a negative light reeks of small-man syndrome. I couldn't take it any more.

that's WHY he's a great follow. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: April 13, 2011, 07:46:40 AM »
goodmanonfox Jeff Goodman
Louisville assistant Tim Fuller is headed to Missouri, sources told FOXSports.com. He is extremely close with Missouri coach Frank Haith.

Isn't this guy the one they credit a lot of their high end recruiting to?   Isn't he the one who was on Angel?