Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1521520 times)

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #1150 on: July 26, 2012, 12:31:24 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82acb6e7/article/preseason-power-rankings-packers-pace-contenders?module=HP11_content_stream

"Next-Level"  :excited:

IMO, Cassel is an above average QB with a competent person calling the plays (not Haley)

i feel very sorry for you.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 26, 2012, 12:35:57 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82acb6e7/article/preseason-power-rankings-packers-pace-contenders?module=HP11_content_stream

IMO, Cassel is an above average QB with a competent person calling the plays (not Haley)

I agree with j-dub on this one. Kst16, your opinion is wrong.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 26, 2012, 01:08:43 PM »
8-8 with some really frustrating losses to bad teams.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 26, 2012, 01:16:58 PM »
STH

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 26, 2012, 01:29:45 PM »

Stickin to my guns guys. I have some ITK stuff about Cassel and Haleys relationship. We will just have to wait and see. FWIW, I was considered a huge Cassel doubter last season but for some reason I've got some blind faith.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: July 26, 2012, 01:44:42 PM »
Haley called plays for the Cardinals team that went to the Super Bowl, its not his play calling that hurt Cassel.
:adios:

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 26, 2012, 01:56:12 PM »

Stickin to my guns guys. I have some ITK stuff about Cassel and Haleys relationship. We will just have to wait and see. FWIW, I was considered a huge Cassel doubter last season but for some reason I've got some blind faith.

cassel is a genuinely good guy. haley is a dick. you naturally find yourself pulling for him.

problem is, he sucks. the weak arm and slow reads aren't going away. also, dude just turned 30. he's not "developing," he's a proven below average QB. pioli's arrogant and stupid self better swallow some pride and pick tyler wilson next april. that's all.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: July 26, 2012, 02:01:07 PM »

Doubt this is true.  No one had to be ITK to see their relationship was toxic. 

Every once in a while me and J-Dub play a game and try and name teams with a worse QB than the Chiefs.  Try it.  Its a short list.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: July 26, 2012, 02:01:20 PM »

cassel is a genuinely good guy. haley is a dick. you naturally find yourself pulling for him.

problem is, he sucks. the weak arm and slow reads aren't going away. also, dude just turned 30. he's not "developing," he's a proven below average QB. pioli's arrogant and stupid self better swallow some pride and pick tyler wilson next april. that's all.

This.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 26, 2012, 02:31:36 PM »
Oh, these guys are still around?

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 31, 2012, 11:05:49 PM »
lulz

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 31, 2012, 11:18:39 PM »
I love Romeo.

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 31, 2012, 11:30:35 PM »
I love Romeo.

Agreed. Very sympathetic figure.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 31, 2012, 11:33:54 PM »
jamaal looking at cassel like the eff do i have to put up with this loser for another year  :cry:

:frown: i feel you jamaal. i feel you.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 31, 2012, 11:43:34 PM »
Romeo is just a big teddy bear.  I think I like him.

Cassel isn't flashy, but he's as good or better than a few other qb's in recent history that have won super bowls in the last decade or so... (see Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson.)  And before you say that each of those quarterbacks were backed by great defenses, I believe and I think some "experts" would agree that this Chiefs defense, if it progresses the way it should, could also be a "great" defense.  Not to mention the fact that he also has the help of a very good cast of offensive playmakers that the other two qb's didn't necessarily have.

"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 31, 2012, 11:44:53 PM »

Cassel isn't flashy, but he's as good or better than a few other qb's in recent history that have won super bowls in the last decade or so... (see Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson.)  And before you say that each of those quarterbacks were backed by great defenses, I believe and I think some "experts" would agree that this Chiefs defense, if it progresses the way it should, could also be a "great" defense.  Not to mention the fact that he also has the help of a very good cast of offensive playmakers that the other two qb's didn't necessarily have.

dammit sabi don't make me be mean to you  :curse:

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 31, 2012, 11:50:06 PM »

Explain?
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 31, 2012, 11:51:55 PM »
MC is not a franchise qb.  he is servicable with weapons but even his great year in NE he took a shitload of sacks.  great qb's don't get sacked.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 01, 2012, 12:03:32 AM »
MC is not a franchise qb.  he is servicable with weapons but even his great year in NE he took a shitload of sacks.  great qb's don't get sacked.

Never said he was. Just saying he doesn't necessarily have to be for the Chiefs to have a reasonably successful season. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 01, 2012, 12:05:09 AM »

Never said he was. Just saying he doesn't necessarily have to be for the Chiefs to have a reasonably successful season. 

How many more years are on his contract?

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: August 01, 2012, 12:09:40 AM »
He signed a six-year contract in 2009.  So...2 years left?

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: August 01, 2012, 12:33:15 AM »

Explain?

cassel is the absolute worst. because he's not the worst. if he was ryan leaf or jamarcus he would have forced pioli to run him outta town. he's just good enough that people start saying things like cassel could win if
if it progresses the way it should, [the chiefs d] could also be a "great" defense.  Not to mention the fact that he also has the help of a very good cast of offensive playmakers that the other two qb's didn't necessarily have

it's a fool's hope. he beat what, one team with a winning record in his best year. he was like the 4th alternate and backed his way into the pro bowl because all the stars bailed. he completes 57% of his passes. his ypa is a putrid 6.7 or something because he lacks the arm strength to throw it accurately down the field. he absolutely cannot win a game for you. the best he can do is protect the ball well enough not to lose it.

the most damning evidence for me was the playoff game against baltimore. the defense started strong and made some big plays. jamaal broke a long td run to give him an early lead. and he absolutely crapped his pants anyway. he missed open guys, panicked and held the ball far too long.  he hasn't proven that he can consistently beat average nfl teams. not good teams, average teams.

the experiment ends this year. 8-8 or 9-7 and losing the division to oakland, sd or denver (they all have a better qb) will put us out of our misery.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 01, 2012, 07:04:52 AM »

The game has changed in so many ways since Dilfer and Johnson.  0% chance Cassel could win a super bowl.  In 2001?  With the Ravens D (and a tip top Jamaal Lewis AND Priest Holmes AND Shannon Sharpe etc.)?  Maybe.  But in 2012?  No way.  Never gonna happen. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: August 01, 2012, 08:14:41 AM »
I say the Chiefs ride Cassell to 9 wins this season and a first round playoff loss.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 01, 2012, 08:47:24 AM »
I say the Chiefs ride Cassell to 9 wins this season and a first round playoff loss.
and what a ride it will be.