Author Topic: Hey Will Spradling  (Read 14463 times)

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Will Spradling
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2014, 12:07:10 AM »
Did oscar Make These Guys Miss Shot? :dunno:

Don't know why they missed so many shots, but this thread is about the fact they did.  Miss a lot of shots when it really mattered.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2014, 12:07:40 AM »
Senior Night:  1-2  3pts
Big XII Tourn:  0-6  3pts
NCAA Tourn:  1-8  3 pts

What is the antonym of clutch?

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2014, 12:12:33 AM »
The thing is these last three games have been a preview of what this team will be like without him. :o

Carefully what you wish for.

:confused: didn't he average like 30 mpg the last three games

If he didn't hit jump shots, no one besides Foster was going to. None of the new guys are going to. It's hard to see how we improve offensively next year.

so you're saying that someone is going to regularly have the three game stretch that Will just had? He played lots and had very negative impacts, that isn't the same as him not playing

Yes, I am saying it is likely that the guys replacing Will's minutes next year will have stretches about this bad, without the Sleeveless Will upside games. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2014, 12:16:38 AM »
Spradling's last three games were bad, especially with regard to shooting the ball. K-State would have been less successful without Spradling on the team this both this season and last. I wish he would have performed better these last three games, both from a team/ record standpoint and for him personally.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2014, 12:19:27 AM »
Spradling's last three games were bad, especially with regard to shooting the ball. K-State would have been less successful without Spradling on the team this both this season and last. I wish he would have performed better these last three games, both from a team/ record standpoint and for him personally.

Good post.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2014, 12:21:05 AM »
I love the "oscar didn't take the shots" talking point when right after the oscar hire the biggest pro-oscar talking point was "He's going to teach them how to shoot correctly and be better shooters".
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2014, 12:25:43 AM »
Hopefully He Can You Retards Upside The Head That We Had No Reason Being There

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2014, 12:27:45 AM »

I hope whoever you're paking with tonight beats the crap out of you for continually using the word "Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)" so flippantly.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2014, 12:31:14 AM »

What's with the capitalization and nonsensical sentence structure fanman?  :cheers:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

The Big Train

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2014, 12:32:50 AM »

This sentence makes no sense. Keep posting tho

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2014, 12:33:51 AM »

I'll disagree here. Let's give all of Will's minutes to Nigel. IMO Nigel is a better defender, I'd hope that's everyone's O. Nigel isn't as steady with the ball as Will, but this team didn't need that, we needed another scoring threat. Will had 2 or 3 conference games this season, in like a 10 day span, where he was a legit scoring threat. Nigel proved against ISU they he's capable of the same thing.

Nic, you and _FAN are good dudes and I understand the need to stand up for a cat, but there is a very good chance that if Nigel got Will's minutes at the start of conference play on her would have contributed much better than Will did. Nigel certainly wouldn't have been worse. I'd trade the increase in turnovers and decrease in assists for a better defender, dynamic ball handler, and a more potent shooter

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2014, 12:41:45 AM »
Goodbye Will.  You represent the split between Frank and now oscar.  You are believed to be part of the reason Frank left.  Not sure if that is true but I suspect there is some truth to it.

If you had hit the open shots you had tonight we might have won.  You were a great player for Kstate at times.  Thank you for that.

Regardless, I will not shed a tear about your last game.  I wish you the best but I also hope you and Shannon never touch our basketball program again and forever.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2014, 12:47:12 AM »

I'll disagree here. Let's give all of Will's minutes to Nigel. IMO Nigel is a better defender, I'd hope that's everyone's O. Nigel isn't as steady with the ball as Will, but this team didn't need that, we needed another scoring threat. Will had 2 or 3 conference games this season, in like a 10 day span, where he was a legit scoring threat. Nigel proved against ISU they he's capable of the same thing.

Nic, you and _FAN are good dudes and I understand the need to stand up for a cat, but there is a very good chance that if Nigel got Will's minutes at the start of conference play on her would have contributed much better than Will did. Nigel certainly wouldn't have been worse. I'd trade the increase in turnovers and decrease in assists for a better defender, dynamic ball handler, and a more potent shooter

I just wish Nigel played more because there isn't another point guard walking through that door, and it appears, for the most part, it's who oscar will probably go with next year at the point.

Honestly, if Edwards is the slasher I (we all?) think he is, I feel okay with a Johnson/Foster/Edwards perimeter trio.  But I just wish Nigel got at least Westicles minutes if he's our guy going forward.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2014, 12:48:01 AM »
Happy day, friends of emaw!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2014, 12:53:46 AM »

I just wish Nigel played more because there isn't another point guard walking through that door, and it appears, for the most part, it's who oscar will probably go with next year at the point.

Honestly, if Edwards is the slasher I (we all?) think he is, I feel okay with a Johnson/Foster/Edwards perimeter trio.  But I just wish Nigel got at least Westicles minutes if he's our guy going forward.

IMO, the biggest mistake from the staff was putting so much trust in Jevon even though he didn't even practice.  Nigel had some nice games in the OOC, but once Jevon came on board Nigel's role was greatly reduced. It wasn't until it was clear Jevon was struggling that the staff started playing Nigel more. If anything in hindsight playing Nigel more and bringing Jevon along more slowly night have been the better decision for both players.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2014, 12:59:13 AM »
One thing to be considered is that Jevon was getting a lot of the minutes that might have gone to Nigel during the middle portion of the season. Nigel was averaging around 20 minutes a game when Jevon came on vs Tulane. Jevon performed pretty well early on and Nigel struggled to find minutes/ probably trie to do too much in his limited minutes. He didn't play for three straight games. Once Jevon's struggles started to mount then Nigel began to get his minutes back.

A lot of people ragged on Nigel throughout the season, and I agree that the team would have benefited from more Nigel minutes both this season and w/ experience for the future. I don't think this has a lot to do with Spradling. We've all seen Will's deficiencies, but it's hard for me to argue with two head coaches with two different philosophies that both saw the need to play Will long minutes.

Nigel's going to be a good guard for K-State. If Jevon can figure his shot out he will too.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2014, 12:59:27 AM »

IMO, the biggest mistake from the staff was putting so much trust in Jevon even though he didn't even practice.  Nigel had some nice games in the OOC, but once Jevon came on board Nigel's role was greatly reduced. It wasn't until it was clear Jevon was struggling that the staff started playing Nigel more. If anything in hindsight playing Nigel more and bringing Jevon along more slowly night have been the better decision for both players.

In hindsight, I think the best course of action would have been to let Jevon redshirt (a la Jamar) and let Nigel get those minutes.  But, had we done that, would we have gotten that win over GW?  I don't know.

But that may be an extreme opinion.  I don't like having both Nigel and Jevon in the same class, and as the year wore on, it seems like rushing Thomas into the fold was a panic move because we weren't getting any production from the PG position.  Panic may be a strong word, but I think they went into the season with all of their eggs in that basket, went forward with that plan, and pushed him too fast.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2014, 01:00:27 AM »

You must have posted this when I was typing, but YES. I agree with everything here.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2014, 01:03:12 AM »
will has been a pimple on ksu's ass for far too long. bout time we popped him outta here

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2014, 01:16:40 AM »
One thing to be considered is that Jevon was getting a lot of the minutes that might have gone to Nigel during the middle portion of the season. Nigel was averaging around 20 minutes a game when Jevon came on vs Tulane. Jevon performed pretty well early on and Nigel struggled to find minutes/ probably trie to do too much in his limited minutes. He didn't play for three straight games. Once Jevon's struggles started to mount then Nigel began to get his minutes back.

A lot of people ragged on Nigel throughout the season, and I agree that the team would have benefited from more Nigel minutes both this season and w/ experience for the future. I don't think this has a lot to do with Spradling. We've all seen Will's deficiencies, but it's hard for me to argue with two head coaches with two different philosophies that both saw the need to play Will long minutes.

Nigel's going to be a good guard for K-State. If Jevon can figure his shot out he will too.

Frank felt like he didn't have a better option, his fault. oscar was sitting Will at crunch time of games late in the season, he clearly felt he had an equal or better choice. I honestly feel that oscar didn't bench him because he didn't want to do that to a senior 3 year starter.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2014, 02:34:51 AM »

Good post.
I'm more with these guys than the Will haters....and I already stated how his last home and tourney gms were garbage.

from OU at home to okst on road...14 gms worth...Will shot 42% 3pt, 61% 2pt, 82%FT and had a 2.5 ast/to ratio.   Maybe its just me but I will take a guy who hits over 60% eFG and doesn't turn it over much. But like it was mentioned.... Will wasn't always that guy we saw for 7 weeks in conf season...and when he was cold as ice, it really cost a team who was already offensively challenged

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2014, 03:36:01 AM »
I was going to quote a post that I agreed with, but then I read the next post and thought it was good, and the post after that was just as good, maybe great, and those posts just continued for all of page 3. This board is just as fun when everyone has great talking points as it is when we trolled Arkansas. I hope we can do it more (this is a completely booze free posts, in case you were wondering).

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2014, 06:45:48 AM »
In the end, Sprads was a guy who played a ton of minutes for 2 different average basketball coaches. If he'd gone to a school with better coaches and athletes then he probably would have averaged less than 10 minutes per game. If he'd gone to a school with worse coaches/players, then he'd have played just as much but he'd be someone else's problem.

Will Spradling's career mimicked the K-state program while he was here:Kinda successful-ish at times despite failing the eyeball test.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2014, 08:46:10 AM »

What's with the capitalization and nonsensical sentence structure fanman?  :cheers:
My Phone Turned Chinese Last Night During The Pak. It Does It Automatically Now. I Still Hate All Of You Tho. :cheers:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2014, 08:47:16 AM »
Shut the eff up, fanning.