Author Topic: Coaching Staff/Fire LHC Bill Snyder Thread  (Read 131520 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Staff/Fire LHC Bill Snyder Thread
« Reply #1000 on: January 28, 2011, 03:40:22 PM »
I'm disappointed Currie is letting this happen.  (Unless this is part of his plan to let BS2.0 go down in a blaze of glory).  Not likely, so I'm disappointed.

Currie isn't to blame for this. An AD who tells coaches who they can and cannot hire for their staff is no better than Wefald running the athletic department. Snyder should be allowed to make his bed and when it blows up, he will have nobody to blame but himself.

I just wish Currie would be like, "That's your hire?  Step into my office.  You're rough ridin' fired".  Not necessarily telling coaches who they can hire/fire, but they should be consulted.  "Wait, you're going to hire your son?  Do you need more money to hire a real coach or something?  Jesus Christ, Bill, you're killing me here." <-would also be acceptable.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:44:14 PM by michigancat »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 28, 2011, 03:41:32 PM »
when/if snyder ever stops being the head coach, stuff like this should make it easier for us to hire a new coach...

"yeah, two million a year. yep that's right. sure thing. country club and a car allowance too. most definitely. oh by the way...did i mention that every member of your family can go to kstate on athletic scholarship and have jobs at kstate doing whatever they feel like they want to do. no seriously. anything. they name it and they can do it. seriously though. anything. i bet your children could not even potentially come up with a scenario where we would not just allow them to do it. go ahead try. see you can't do it. anything. i promise."

oh yeah though. that's the best part about it. it's not just your kids. it's your kid's kids. oh yeah. well, i assume they will have children one day and when they do, don't you want to know that your grandchildren can have a full ride athletic scholarship and jobs doing anything they want waiting for them. well yeah, it seems like a long way away, but twenty/thirty years can go by pretty quickly.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 28, 2011, 03:42:53 PM »
Tards supporting it.

Really?  I can't imagine how anyone could rationalize this into a good idea. Even if you're the most delusional person in the world.

They are standing by the "fact" that Sean has "been a coach for years" and that there is some swimming coach in texas who has never swam before.

Some think that Bill is retiring after this year, and that he isn't going to go hire a highly touted staff only to lay them off next year(and tards are ok with this).

Some seem to flat out not mind the fact that Sean is one heart beat away.

Being treated as any other shitty realization.  Rationalized into a "Trust Bill" mindset.

Makes me want to  :barf: and  :chainsaw:.

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 28, 2011, 03:46:57 PM »
tdall

Almost on scholarship
Post #204
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Re: OMFG - Sean Snyder   Reply
well i didnt want to say anything but around 2 years ago i was told by will coakley (yes the linebacker and college roomate of vic koening) that one of the reasons vic left the team was because the writing was already on the wall that bill was grooming sean to be the next head coach at k-state. at the time i thought that will had tried to tackle marcus dupree one to many times back in college...but with this turn of events, one has to wonder? just hope he is either the second coming of bill or that ADJC wont allow it to happen!
:runaway:

:goodbyecruelworld:
[

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 28, 2011, 03:49:55 PM »
when/if snyder ever stops being the head coach, stuff like this should make it easier for us to hire a new coach...

"yeah, two million a year. yep that's right. sure thing. country club and a car allowance too. most definitely. oh by the way...did i mention that every member of your family can go to kstate on athletic scholarship and have jobs at kstate doing whatever they feel like they want to do. no seriously. anything. they name it and they can do it. seriously though. anything. i bet your children could not even potentially come up with a scenario where we would not just allow them to do it. go ahead try. see you can't do it. anything. i promise."

oh yeah though. that's the best part about it. it's not just your kids. it's your kid's kids. oh yeah. well, i assume they will have children one day and when they do, don't you want to know that your grandchildren can have a full ride athletic scholarship and jobs doing anything they want waiting for them. well yeah, it seems like a long way away, but twenty/thirty years can go by pretty quickly.

don't forget adding sports to the university's athletic department so offspring can fully enjoy a hobby

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: January 28, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »
I'm disappointed Currie is letting this happen.  (Unless this is part of his plan to let BS2.0 go down in a blaze of glory).  Not likely, so I'm disappointed.

Currie isn't to blame for this. An AD who tells coaches who they can and cannot hire for their staff is no better than Wefald running the athletic department. Snyder should be allowed to make his bed and when it blows up, he will have nobody to blame but himself.

I just wish Currie would be like, "That's your hire?  Step into my office.  You're rough ridin' fired".  Not necessarily telling coaches who they can hire/fire, but they should be consulted.  "Wait, you're going to hire your son?  Do you need more money to hire a real coach or something?  Jesus Christ, Bill, you're killing me here." <-would also be acceptable.

We don't know if Currie was consulted. There is not an AD in the country who would fire Bill after only his second season, when the team just went bowling for the first time in 4 years. This hire will (or at least should) cause Currie to be much less patient with Bill. If we win less than 6 games this year, I think Currie pulls the trigger.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 28, 2011, 03:55:44 PM »
Tards supporting it.

Really?  I can't imagine how anyone could rationalize this into a good idea. Even if you're the most delusional person in the world.

They are standing by the "fact" that Sean has "been a coach for years" and that there is some swimming coach in texas who has never swam before.

Some think that Bill is retiring after this year, and that he isn't going to go hire a highly touted staff only to lay them off next year(and tards are ok with this).

Being treated as any other shitty realization.  Rationalized into a "Trust Bill" mindset.

Plus somebody on here will probably end up going to the hospital over the billboard.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 28, 2011, 03:57:03 PM »
Tards supporting it.

Plus somebody on here will probably end up going to the hospital over the billboard.

Not a reason to not do it.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1008 on: January 28, 2011, 03:59:22 PM »
If the Big 12 dissolves and K-State moves to the Mountain West, Snyder will win — and win big.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 28, 2011, 04:00:17 PM »
eff, I'll go to a hospital over this.   I'll fight every rough ridin' powerespect that thinks LHC Bill Snyder 2.0 was a good idea.   SD style.   
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 28, 2011, 04:00:34 PM »
Tards supporting it.

Really?  I can't imagine how anyone could rationalize this into a good idea. Even if you're the most delusional person in the world.

Pretty mumped up.  It seems like someone would be able to easily destroy that logic.  :dunno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 28, 2011, 04:01:02 PM »
If the Big 12 dissolves and K-State moves to the Mountain West, Snyder will win — and win big.

Worst case scenario. 

Should be planning for and taking action against.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 28, 2011, 04:04:07 PM »
Tards supporting it.

Really?  I can't imagine how anyone could rationalize this into a good idea. Even if you're the most delusional person in the world.

Pretty mumped up.  It seems like someone would be able to easily destroy that logic.  :dunno:

Like trying to argue religion.  They don't think, they hope.  How do  you logically discuss their faith?  They cannot be swayed.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1013 on: January 28, 2011, 04:05:49 PM »
Sean Snyder = Prince of Wamego

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 28, 2011, 04:27:09 PM »
I might :goodbyecruelworld: if Sean is our next HC.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 28, 2011, 04:45:04 PM »
LaserCat10

New walk-on to the team
Post #150
Topeka
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
WOW!! Can you imagine the meltdown that would have occurred...   Reply
if Todd Haley had ever been hired as a coach on the Cats' staff!! The guy never even played football. He was a golfer! Talk about nepotism! What credentials did he have that EVER would have landed him a coaching position ANYWHERE, let alone lead to winning the AFC Coach of the Year title??

...Yeah, Sean Snyder sucks! He's a TERRIBLE hire! So what if he's the son of one of the greatest football minds EVER in college football?! So what if he actually played football under the tutelage of that great coach and was an All-American at his position?! So what if he's seen, 1st hand, all of his life, the kind of work ethic that it takes to succeed at a high level in college football?!

How small-minded are some of you people??? If you actually attended K-State, then I'd sure like to see something done about raising the entrance requirements a few notches!

Props to Sean Snyder. I can't think of anyone more deserving of a position on our coaching staff, ESPECIALLY as a special teams coach. I'm GLAD to him on the staff and hope his responsibilities continue to grow!

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 28, 2011, 04:48:29 PM »
LaserCat10

New walk-on to the team
Post #150
Topeka
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
if Todd Haley had ever been hired as a coach on the Cats' staff!! The guy never even played football. He was a golfer! Talk about nepotism! What credentials did he have that EVER would have landed him a coaching position ANYWHERE, let alone lead to winning the AFC Coach of the Year title??

...Yeah, Sean Snyder sucks! He's a TERRIBLE hire! So what if he's the son of one of the greatest football minds EVER in college football?! So what if he actually played football under the tutelage of that great coach and was an All-American at his position?! So what if he's seen, 1st hand, all of his life, the kind of work ethic that it takes to succeed at a high level in college football?!

How small-minded are some of you people??? If you actually attended K-State, then I'd sure like to see something done about raising the entrance requirements a few notches!

Props to Sean Snyder. I can't think of anyone more deserving of a position on our coaching staff, ESPECIALLY as a special teams coach. I'm GLAD to him on the staff and hope his responsibilities continue to grow!
That is pure gold

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 28, 2011, 04:56:13 PM »
How small would our student body be if we kicked up the entrance requirements a few notches?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 28, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »
3-5k max.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 28, 2011, 05:17:18 PM »
I can see Sean taking over and winning like 5 games in 2 seasons, then going to another school and going 14-0 a la Chizik to Auburn. That would be classic KSTATEO

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: January 28, 2011, 05:19:04 PM »
Wasn't Sean like our first ever 1st Team All-American?  And isn't that basically what put him into the first class of the Ring of Honor?  I certainly don't mind him working with punters, but he better know his cac with the rest of the special teams because his job performance will be highly scrutinized next year.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 28, 2011, 05:19:21 PM »
LaserCat10

New walk-on to the team
Post #150
Topeka
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

blah blah blah tardspeak blah blah

:facepalm:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 28, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »
Like trying to argue religion.  They don't think, they hope.  How do  you logically discuss their faith?  They cannot be swayed.

Wow, great way to put it.  Oh, well.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 28, 2011, 05:32:10 PM »
It's hilarious how tard posts almost read like satirical posts from here. Sad.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 28, 2011, 05:46:54 PM »

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think anybody has a beef with YB being hired by OB to coach the kickers, because he's been doing that anyway.

What has anyone with a brain bothered is the Assoc Head Coach . . . now the Lords of Shirttuckville are trying to convince the underlings that the title is purely ceremonial,  and in many cases it is . . . but in SOME cases it is not.    Anyone that has the first effing clue knows that OB has been angling for YB to take over as HC for a long time.   This is just one more maneuver by OB on behalf of YB to make that happen.

For me, I wouldn't have a problem with YB being considered as KSUHC, if YB had gone out on his own in the coaching ranks and was say a highly capable coordinator at a significant college football program, who was also known has a prolific recruiter with significant ties to the high school recruit ranks/trails.

But alas, YB has done nothing but work as travel agent/make sure there's no whipped butter guy/kickers coach at K-State for DADDY in the last decade or