Author Topic: NHL open thread (lets go ahead & throw international hockey in here too)  (Read 114339 times)

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2013 open thread
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2013, 05:01:52 PM »
Also, hate how Winnipeg is still in the Southeast.

They'll fix it by next season.  Curious if they'll just flip Winnipeg and Columbus conferences or if the owners will get their 4 divisions.

Would hate to split up divisions. Love the rivalries that have come about...

This would be really easy to fix while keeping the current six division format

Winnipeg -> Northwest
Colorado -> Pacific
Dallas -> Central
Nashville -> Southeast

Columbus could also work for Southeast.  Yeah yeah, they're not that close to the other teams, but Dallas is nowhere near the other Pacific teams so WGAF.

Offline diggler

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2013, 09:23:35 AM »
I grew up with the Sabres.  I learned how to skate at Sabreland hockey camp when I was five....because when you are a kid in Buffalo that is all there is to do in winter.  Back then (early 80s), hockey players were really cool  with fans so they would teach kids skating and basic hockey technique at Sabreland.  I went to so many Sabres games at the Memorial Auditorium until 1996 and then have gone to a bunch at the new arena as well.  I moved out of Buffalo after college...but I still follow the team.  I just hate the NHL leadership...I think they are a bunch of buffoons.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2013, 12:40:02 PM »
I grew up with the Sabres.  I learned how to skate at Sabreland hockey camp when I was five....because when you are a kid in Buffalo that is all there is to do in winter.  Back then (early 80s), hockey players were really cool  with fans so they would teach kids skating and basic hockey technique at Sabreland.  I went to so many Sabres games at the Memorial Auditorium until 1996 and then have gone to a bunch at the new arena as well.  I moved out of Buffalo after college...but I still follow the team.  I just hate the NHL leadership...I think they are a bunch of buffoons.
We must have a pretty badass NHL thread if you decided to have your first post here.

Also: Blackhawks are 5-0  :surprised:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2013, 01:11:29 PM »
We must have a pretty badass NHL thread if you decided to have your first post here.

Yea, Blackhawks are really good. The Central is probably going to be quite a battle between the Blues and Blackhawks all season long

Offline diggler

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2013, 02:12:01 PM »

Eh.  Been lurkin' a while...not really much for me to say.  I am not a KSU alum but I moved to KC for a job transfer seven years ago and adopted them as my local CBB and CFB team.  I liked Frank, not crazy about oscar...I agree with most posters on here.  But when it comes to NHL I have a lot of history with the league and sport.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2013, 05:21:27 PM »

Eh.  Been lurkin' a while...not really much for me to say.  I am not a KSU alum but I moved to KC for a job transfer seven years ago and adopted them as my local CBB and CFB team.  I liked Frank, not crazy about oscar...I agree with most posters on here.  But when it comes to NHL I have a lot of history with the league and sport.
Stud

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2013, 07:28:52 PM »

Friend?  :thumbs:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2013, 09:32:07 PM »
Just another year that it feels great to be a Sharks fan. 4-0 and only getting better. When we actually start passing better, we'll be hard to beat. Go Sharks.

Offline Diamond Dave

• Fan
  • Rock the EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2013, 10:30:44 PM »
Just another year that it feels great to be a Sharks fan. 4-0 and only getting better. When we actually start passing better, we'll be hard to beat. Go Sharks.

Now 5-0. Marleau and Thornton are absolutely on fire. Will probably take a lot of flack from the "you've never won anything" haters but it does feel good. Real good.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2013, 11:44:20 AM »
http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings

:shakesfist: Stars are getting jobbed! Get to play the worst team in the league tonight, though.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2013, 09:19:09 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings

:shakesfist: Stars are getting jobbed! Get to play the worst team in the league tonight, though.

shazbot!

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2013, 03:19:37 PM »
SabiNation and I are in the midsts of planning a pak to the Wild vs. Stars game at the end of March. 

:emawkid: <- except in green and red  Forest Green, Iron Range Red, Harvest gold, and Minnesota wheat white!

:thumbs:

I'm going to St. Paul in late March to see the 'Yotes.
Might fly in and meet you here for this game. I am absolutely :kstategrad: in airline miles.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2013, 04:33:49 PM »
SabiNation and I are in the midsts of planning a pak to the Wild vs. Stars game at the end of March. 

:emawkid: <- except in green and red  Forest Green, Iron Range Red, Harvest gold, and Minnesota wheat white!

:thumbs:

I'm going to St. Paul in late March to see the 'Yotes.
Might fly in and meet you here for this game. I am absolutely :kstategrad: in airline miles.

Dude, please do. It's a Wednesday night though.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2013, 09:06:45 PM »
Sens score 3 unanswered in comeback win over the caps.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2013, 09:12:51 PM »
Lightning 5-1  ;)
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2013, 10:03:04 PM »
2 early goals propel Wild to win over Jackets
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2013, 11:52:37 AM »

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2013, 11:56:29 AM »
Stars after a 2-1 start... :flush:
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2013, 12:00:59 PM »
Stars after a 2-1 start... :flush:

I told you they suck

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2013, 12:07:49 PM »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2013, 12:24:24 PM »

:love:

My Edmonton Oilers have won back-to-back Cups in my NHL '12 franchise!
:adios:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2013, 01:06:11 PM »
Edmonton is a great team to like, 8mp.  If not for my Sens, I think I'd be a big Edmonton fan.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2013, 04:09:13 PM »
Pretty good ice up there in Edmonton. Couldn't slide that far in Dallas, that's for sure.

Maybe that's the problem with the Stars?  :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2013, 05:04:22 PM »
When I'm not watching Phoenix, I'm watching Edmonton, not a believer in Dubnyk in net though.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2013, 09:54:08 PM »
Big win for the Wild tonight. Beat the red hot Blackhawks 3-2 in a shootout!
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF