Author Topic: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike  (Read 93027 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike
« Reply #950 on: November 12, 2015, 02:49:46 PM »
You're right, he should just keep ignoring his students and get fired for incompetence, sounds like a real winning strategy ksuw

First, engaging with them while they are breaking the law only encourages them to break the law. Second, these activists did not want a dialogue - they wanted a confrontation. That's what people want when they jump in front of your car and start yelling at you.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 12, 2015, 02:53:45 PM »
Perhaps he should have listened to them before they felt it necessary to break the law to get his attention.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #952 on: November 12, 2015, 02:59:10 PM »
Well they should have asked for cars or gold then. Dont turn this into an exercise in semantics.

Well, they got demands 1 and 2 already. Do you think they could have accomplished that by acting reasonable and mature (as defined by you?) I don't.

If you're going to act dumb, I'm not going to play anymore.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 12, 2015, 03:01:34 PM »
I too believe that things are truly mumped up for black students at Mizzou because I have been there.

That doesn't mean we should not laugh at and denigrate the absurd behavior, reactions, demands and generally immature and unreasonable behavior of this group of people. The damage done to the public discourse on this matter and others so far outweighs whatever trivial progess and point they were trying to make. The only way to combat this regression is to marginalize and ignore it,  and attempt to bring the discourse back up.

Anybody who condones or supports this conduct isn't really searching for a solution, imho.

That's a pretty reasonable FSD post.

What? No it wasn't. I realize that post didn't have anything overtly racist in it so we're grading on a curve here but what he essentially said was the best way of dealing with people fed up with feeling like they haven't been heard is to laugh at them and if you don't agree with that you're part of the problem.

FSD refuses to acknowledge that we arrived at this seemingly sloppy place, I say seemingly sloppy because I refuse to let an occasional individual saying something that can be mocked or picked apart to hijack the larger issue, because of the long history of the leadership not handling these issues and more directly the now ousted president's outright refusal to sit and deal with this stuff.

This became mockable only after certain people chose to hijack the larger narrative by trying to create smoke screens about other small picture things real or made up.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 12, 2015, 03:02:44 PM »
Perhaps he should have listened to them before they felt it necessary to break the law to get his attention.

Could you provide a list of demands that were made prior to their need to jump in and disrupt a public event?   If such demands were made, could you list how they were or were not being addressed?

Thanks Lib!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 12, 2015, 03:04:20 PM »

Did they try to arrange a meeting with him before they jumped in front of his car? Does that excuse jumping in front of his car?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 03:14:16 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 12, 2015, 03:11:45 PM »
By all accounts he had been ignoring these students for months which lead to "drastic" action (they held up a homecoming parade for a few minutes  :jerk: ) and a list of demands to be heard.  He continued to ignore the students until one of the few groups of students with real power joined the cause.

The president really could have avoided all of this by just taking some time to listen to his students and help work towards a solution.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 12, 2015, 03:13:49 PM »
By all accounts he had been ignoring these students for months which lead to "drastic" action (they held up a homecoming parade for a few minutes  :jerk: ) and a list of demands to be heard.  He continued to ignore the students until one of the few groups of students with real power joined the cause.

The president really could have avoided all of this by just taking some time to listen to his students and help work towards a solution.

The old "by all accounts" . . . whelp, that settles it.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 12, 2015, 03:15:28 PM »
I too believe that things are truly mumped up for black students at Mizzou because I have been there.

That doesn't mean we should not laugh at and denigrate the absurd behavior, reactions, demands and generally immature and unreasonable behavior of this group of people. The damage done to the public discourse on this matter and others so far outweighs whatever trivial progess and point they were trying to make. The only way to combat this regression is to marginalize and ignore it,  and attempt to bring the discourse back up.

Anybody who condones or supports this conduct isn't really searching for a solution, imho.

That's a pretty reasonable FSD post.

What? No it wasn't. I realize that post didn't have anything overtly racist in it so we're grading on a curve here but what he essentially said was the best way of dealing with people fed up with feeling like they haven't been heard is to laugh at them and if you don't agree with that you're part of the problem.

FSD refuses to acknowledge that we arrived at this seemingly sloppy place, I say seemingly sloppy because I refuse to let an occasional individual saying something that can be mocked or picked apart to hijack the larger issue, because of the long history of the leadership not handling these issues and more directly the now ousted president's outright refusal to sit and deal with this stuff.

This became mockable only after certain people chose to hijack the larger narrative by trying to create smoke screens about other small picture things real or made up.

Yeah, I didn't get a chance to post earlier, but my takeaway from fsd was that blacks should just shut up and accept racist crap happening to them at missouri

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: November 12, 2015, 03:16:03 PM »
Black students:  It's awful for us here.
Media:  Oh ya?  Tell us about it!
Black students: No get out of here!

Yeah, that would have been a fruitful exercise. There are people that have fallen all over themselves trying to prove the poop swastika didn't exist, how do you think trying to explain institutional racism will go? The only time I've ever heard or seen the populace acknowledge racism was in the Donald Sterling thing. Even transparent, basic, shallow shows of racism are met with yeah buts and PC PC PC. Who cares if Riley Cooper called that guy a n-word, he plays with black guys and they all say it so why can't he. I can't believe that the PC police and race card players are mad at Jason Aldean for just wearing makeup, black guys can wear white paint and I won't care.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: November 12, 2015, 03:17:05 PM »
So the poopstika is now and institutional thing?

What office at MU sanctioned the poopstika?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 12, 2015, 03:19:44 PM »
When your measurement for success is "change" and you are attempting to make "progress" towards nebulous undefined eye of the beholder concepts like "social justice" "wealth equality" "race relations" you are going to spend a lot of time trying to count the stars.

You're not wrong, but again, they had a list of pretty clearly defined demands. I know how you feel about them, but they weren't defining "progress" in the terms you are using.

That list of demands perfectly accentuates how unreasonable and immature the group is. Nobody should or would continue reading that list after the very first sentence.  There's nothing there that isn't insulting, arbitrary or would require substantial funding to duplicate existing programming.

The most plausible root of all of this is a pissed off segment of academia who manipulated students for their own pecuniary gain.  That is pathetic and embarrassing. Faculty are in positions of trust, have enormous amounts of influence and power, yet bear no responsibility or liability when they misguided their students or worse manipulate and abuse them for personal gain/againF

Yep, they're definitely not smart enough to advocate for themselves, good for those well meaning white people for helping them, looks like we have a sequel to The Blind Side.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 12, 2015, 03:25:33 PM »
dax's inability to step back and see the big picture is a pretty remarkable thing to observe.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 12, 2015, 03:27:43 PM »
dax's inability to step back and see the big picture is a pretty remarkable thing to observe.

It's intentional and it's the easiest way to be dismissive and insular.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 12, 2015, 03:29:14 PM »

No more remarkable then the inability to understand that entire mechanisms to address all of these issues were put in place by the Chancellor at the University of Missouri.   Which only leaves a couple of things, either the people charged to do those jobs, weren't doing them, or somehow what they were doing was being thwarted by the Chancellor(s).   If it's the former, then all of those people should be forced to resign as well.

In addition, the complete dismissal of any discussion of manipulation and the like is utterly laughable, and naive (and that's being kind).

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 12, 2015, 03:30:46 PM »
Guys, I just read over 450 posts itt. Here is where I stand.
There is a great deal of anger itt.
There are some intelligent posters itt.
It took me about 10 hours to read it all because I had to call the MUPD about 76 times.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 12, 2015, 03:32:20 PM »
You had the student body president spreading false and malicious lies on social media . . . but yes, let's dismiss all talk of any type of manipulation.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 12, 2015, 03:33:04 PM »
It took me about 10 hours to read it all because I had to call the MUPD about 76 times.

If you need a safe space, just start a new thread.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 12, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »

No more remarkable then the inability to understand that entire mechanisms to address all of these issues were put in place by the Chancellor at the University of Missouri.   Which only leaves a couple of things, either the people charged to do those jobs, weren't doing them, or somehow what they were doing was being thwarted by the Chancellor(s).   If it's the former, then all of those people should be forced to resign as well.

In addition, the complete dismissal of any discussion of manipulation and the like is utterly laughable, and naive (and that's being kind).

No, you're more remarkable.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 12, 2015, 03:50:04 PM »
You had the student body president spreading false and malicious lies on social media . . . but yes, let's dismiss all talk of any type of manipulation.

Perspective is interesting isn't it. There are a faction of people who thinks the student body president spread "false and malicious lies" on social media. Sidebar, interesting bit of irony turning the singular tweet about the KKK into multiple lies told without the least bit of awareness. Anyway, and a faction of people who think he passed on bad information he got about the klan being on campus, because God knows no one has ever passed on bad info on twitter.

You're right about one thing dax, that incorrect tweet, just one tweet dax let's not exaggerate here buddy okay, that's bad. That one incorrect tweet is a game changer exposes all of these pc libtards as frauds.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 12, 2015, 03:53:25 PM »
the student body president also posted that he had spread false rumors almost immediately.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 12, 2015, 03:57:48 PM »
I'm still kind of in shock that fsd said that he believes things are mumped up for black students at mizzou.  There could be some really wild stuff accomplished in this thread by the time it gets up to like 150 pages.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 12, 2015, 04:02:58 PM »
I'm still kind of in shock that fsd said that he believes things are mumped up for black students at mizzou.  There could be some really wild stuff accomplished in this thread by the time it gets up to like 150 pages.

See, I read it like this:

(while he waves his right hand dismissively) "Yeah yeah yeah yeah things are mumped up for them, I get that. I just wish they would shut the hell up about it, they get to eat in the front of the restaurant now, what else do they need?"

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: November 12, 2015, 04:06:33 PM »
Black students:  It's awful for us here.
Media:  Oh ya?  Tell us about it!
Black students: No get out of here!

Yeah, that would have been a fruitful exercise. There are people that have fallen all over themselves trying to prove the poop swastika didn't exist, how do you think trying to explain institutional racism will go? The only time I've ever heard or seen the populace acknowledge racism was in the Donald Sterling thing. Even transparent, basic, shallow shows of racism are met with yeah buts and PC PC PC. Who cares if Riley Cooper called that guy a n-word, he plays with black guys and they all say it so why can't he. I can't believe that the PC police and race card players are mad at Jason Aldean for just wearing makeup, black guys can wear white paint and I won't care.

How can what these folks are purporting be validated without the media?  Are we to blindly trust anything that comes from anyone?  How can any of us be mother mumped for trying to understand and ask questions and then be doubtful after few of the questions can answered, the greatest reason of which is because they block a media presence?  And if we question, we must be racists.