Author Topic: Scalia  (Read 55945 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Scalia
« Reply #425 on: February 19, 2016, 07:49:36 PM »
Also lol at thinking I have blind faith in government

You compared religion to fairy tales. You deserved that.

Not a fairytale but when analyzed in a context of the fanciful events some (most) religions are based on it shows you can be convinced of something that is utterly impossible.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 19, 2016, 07:50:59 PM »
You can get moral lessons from fairy tales, AND religion.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 19, 2016, 08:25:35 PM »
For those who think Christianity and the divinity of Christ are irrational, I would invite you to try reading a little about the early spread of Christianity. Jesus's apostles went through some really serious crap during their ministry. Imprisonment, torture, starvation, crucifixion. And despite all that, none of them changed their story. Not one. Now a rational person might think "huh, that's pretty odd. Surely if it was all a scam, someone would have fes'd up after all that." Nope. Shouldn't a scam have withered away shortly after Jesus's death? Instead it spread. And peacefully for centuries - not at the point of a sword. Don't you think that's a little strange for a scam?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

The Big Train

« Reply #428 on: February 19, 2016, 08:26:41 PM »
People were dumb as crap 2000 years ago

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 19, 2016, 08:27:41 PM »
For those who think Christianity and the divinity of Christ are irrational, I would invite you to try reading a little about the early spread of Christianity. Jesus's apostles went through some really serious crap during their ministry. Imprisonment, torture, starvation, crucifixion. And despite all that, none of them changed their story. Not one. Now a rational person might think "huh, that's pretty odd. Surely if it was all a scam, someone would have fes'd up after all that." Nope. Shouldn't a scam have withered away shortly after Jesus's death? Instead it spread. And peacefully for centuries - not at the point of a sword. Don't you think that's a little strange for a scam?

all the other religions are scams tho right
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 19, 2016, 08:39:28 PM »
People of pretty much all religion have been tortured and starved for their faith. Which is pretty irrational if you ask me. I'd definitely pretend to love Jesus if I was about to be tortured for not loving him.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #431 on: February 19, 2016, 08:41:32 PM »
The really stupid people are the ones who reduce faith to the story of Santa claus. How do we keep someone that ignorant and obtuse from becoming a supreme?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 19, 2016, 09:09:28 PM »
I know when I'm looking to put someone in charge of analyzing and applying a couple centuries worth of jurisprudence to preserve the integrity of the nation's judicial system, I'm looking for someone who views the complexity of faith as nothing more than the story of the Easter bunny.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 19, 2016, 09:12:25 PM »
Quite the meltdown
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 19, 2016, 09:29:31 PM »

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: February 19, 2016, 09:30:11 PM »
:lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 19, 2016, 11:08:38 PM »
I don't know which story is a bigger load of crap; a dude taking 6 days to create our entire existence then taking a day to chill by the pool, or a grand explosion actually creating instead of destroying life.

The Big Train

« Reply #437 on: February 20, 2016, 12:04:19 AM »

I don't know which story is a bigger load of crap; a dude taking 6 days to create our entire existence then taking a day to chill by the pool, or a grand explosion actually creating instead of destroying life.

The first depends on the second in this scenario.  So if he is almighty, why does he need the 2nd to happen first? 

The Big Train

« Reply #438 on: February 20, 2016, 12:05:59 AM »

The first depends on the second in this scenario.  So if he is almighty, why does he need the 2nd to happen first?

Also to follow up, why would he care about humans on earth if he created all of existence?  Especially if they sinned basically right after they were created in a perfect image of him?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Scalia
« Reply #439 on: February 20, 2016, 12:56:45 AM »
We don't have blind faith in government but we really don't mind at all when government gets larger and controls more and more . . . But honest, we don't have blind faith in government, we want too be very clear in that . . .

Lol @ resident ProgLibs

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 20, 2016, 01:43:26 AM »

Also to follow up, why would he care about humans on earth if he created all of existence?  Especially if they sinned basically right after they were created in a perfect image of him?

Do you really think anyone who believed in God would presume to know the answer to that question?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 20, 2016, 01:46:08 AM »
Really? I think you know which one is a bigger load of crap.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 20, 2016, 01:48:11 AM »
We don't have blind faith in government but we really don't mind at all when government gets larger and controls more and more . . . But honest, we don't have blind faith in government, we want too be very clear in that . . .

Lol @ resident ProgLibs
I think the nsa should be abolished and the CIA and military budgets should be cut in half (or more) because I don't trust them or elected officials charged with overseeing them.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 20, 2016, 01:49:59 AM »
Do you think there is life anywhere else in the universe?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

The Big Train

« Reply #444 on: February 20, 2016, 07:35:06 AM »

Do you really think anyone who believed in God would presume to know the answer to that question?

They absolutely 'know' the answer to that question. It's because they are special and of all of the universe the 'he' created, earth is the only place he cares about.

The Big Train

« Reply #445 on: February 20, 2016, 07:37:15 AM »

Do you think there is life anywhere else in the universe?

IMO it's foolish to think there isn't.  Statistics alone prove there is.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 20, 2016, 07:57:26 AM »
We don't have blind faith in government but we really don't mind at all when g :comehere:overnment gets larger and controls more and more . . . But honest, we don't have blind faith in government, we want too be very clear in that . . .

Lol @ resident ProgLibs
I think the nsa should be abolished and the CIA and military budgets should be cut in half (or more) because I don't trust them or elected officials charged with overseeing them.

:lol:  blind faith, except for military stuff

So libtarded

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 20, 2016, 08:01:46 AM »
If no one talks, everyone walks, Snitches get stiches, etc.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 20, 2016, 08:18:41 AM »

Lol @ resident ProgLibs

This seems disingenuous. Unless you're a proponent of relying on blind faith to tell us that these organizations do absolutely nothing of value.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 20, 2016, 08:25:51 AM »
You're trying to reason with someone who believes in something as fanciful as Santa claus (an altruistic government with infinite resources and impeccable restraint)