Author Topic: Sprads shooting woes  (Read 10166 times)

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
Re: Sprads shooting woes
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2012, 12:22:54 PM »
My prediction?  Will goes 5-6 from downtown one of these nights and someone bumps this thread with  :peek: as the message.

It's happening saturday  :gocho:

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2012, 12:28:38 PM »
It's not like he rough ridin' forgot how to shoot.  Law of averages.  He's been sucking.  So he'll probably go off pretty soon.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2012, 12:30:07 PM »
Keep beating that drum rusty, there's no problem here.  All "shooters" have 7 game stretches like this.  0-5, 2 points, 1 assist, 3 fouls in 22 minutes.  I agree there's nothing wrong he's getting better :ksu:

Stats class :excited:

Why are you giving him this arbitrary "shooter" tag? Who are some players you think he should be compared to?

You guys gave him the shooter tag when after the OSU game I pointed out all of the things he was doing wrong.  I heard the "he's playing the point which is out of position" talking point, people constantly mention his eFG in that thread, "shooters should keep shooting," etc.  I don't view him as a driveway shooter, that's why I put shooter in quotations.  In the OSU PP/NN thread I compared him to Clent Stewart and that is what I expect from him.  This is why I'm frustrated with his assist & TO numbers.

Now I feel bad because last year and early this season I gave him grief for being just a ball mover, man I long for those days.

Oh Jesus. I just said he was fine, never that he was some sort of driveway shooter.

And seriously, you should be slapped for comparing him to Clent. You are not that stupid. I mean, I know you like to ignore stats and use your eyes, but my God:

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=clent-stewart&i=1&p1=will-spradling
http://kenpom.com/player.php?p=10550
http://kenpom.com/player.php?p=369

Clent's turnovers his sophomore year. Wow.

I don't believe I ever said you, Rusty, called him a driveway shooter.  I listed the talking points used in regards to Will, did you miss them.  My repeated, guys Will is okay is a direct shot at you.  Also let's compare the Clent and Will stats at the end of conference play.  The raw assist & to numbers are projecting pretty closely.  If Will continues to trend the way he is pointing Clent's assist numbers will remain better and the TOs will tighten up considerably.

Also what's the issue with comparing Will to Clent?  Is the issue you want Will to be more, because he hasn't to this point.  I noticed the cute little trick you used comparing Clent's senior year to Will's sophomore year.  That was Clent's worst year.  At this point in their careers their advanced stats are a wash, Clent has more assists and TOs other than that, I don't know how you can claim a statistical advantage for one or the other.  And LOL at paying for Kenpom, statsheet is sufficient thanks.  

Actually Clent's sophomore year was worse than his senior year in many ways and the comparison to Will is in no way a wash at this point. Will destroys him in everything but Ast% and 3FG%. Will makes up for it by getting to the line quite a bit more and not turning it over an insane amount (compare Oratings). Will also shoots a lot more. And using raw asisst and TO numbers? :lol:

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=clent-stewart&clent-stewart=2005-2006&i=1&p1=will-spradling

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2012, 12:31:39 PM »
And seriously, you should be slapped for comparing him to Clent. You are not that stupid. I mean, I know you like to ignore stats and use your eyes, but my God:

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=clent-stewart&i=1&p1=will-spradling
http://kenpom.com/player.php?p=10550
http://kenpom.com/player.php?p=369

Clent's turnovers his sophomore year. Wow.

If we're going to bring a comparison, let's bring a real comparison.

:excited:

If you would have given me that list of players without seeing those stats I would have picked Schwartzendruber, I still might after seeing the comparo.  Don't like not using the sophomore year for all of them though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2012, 12:33:45 PM »
Didn't I say let's compare at the end of the season :dunno: the whole point of this is how Will is trending so wouldn't it make sense to see where the trend finishes?

Also you mocked my comparison but didn't offer one up of your own.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:39:47 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2012, 12:38:51 PM »
It's not like he rough ridin' forgot how to shoot.  Law of averages.  He's been sucking.  So he'll probably go off pretty soon.

Attention Rusty
You need to address your shooter beef with your people, not with me.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2012, 12:46:44 PM »
michigancat is absolutely right.

Play around with a coin flip simulator for a while.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2012, 12:46:50 PM »
Didn't I say let's compare at the end of the season :dunno: the whole point of this is how Will is trending so wouldn't it make sense to see where the trend finishes?

Also you mocked my comparison but didn't offer one up of your own.

What about Tweety Carter as a sophomore?

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?p1=will-spradling&p3=tweety-carter&remove=clent-stewart&tweety-carter=2007-2008

I know, conference play, blah, blah.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2012, 12:49:58 PM »
It's not like he rough ridin' forgot how to shoot.  Law of averages.  He's been sucking.  So he'll probably go off pretty soon.

Attention Rusty

I think Will is more than just a shooter, but shooting is one of his top qualities/assets. Even with his recent slump he's a 38.3% 3PT shooter in his season and a half career and I expect that to only get better. I think its likely he'll end up as a >40% career 3PT shooter.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2012, 12:53:58 PM »

Attention Rusty

Oh, I think I see what you're saying now. FWIW, I don't think Will is playing well, but I don't think there is anything to worry about or see any reason to drastically change his minutes or role. Just like Angel to start the year.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2012, 01:06:09 PM »

Shooting is a crapshoot.  This is for 1000 shots, and it could be a lot worse as my standard deviation guesstimate is conservative.

Bitching about shooting is :jerk:.  O-rebounds on the other hand :excited:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2012, 01:15:49 PM »

Shooting is a crapshoot.  This is for 1000 shots, and it could be a lot worse as my standard deviation guesstimate is conservative.

Bitching about shooting is :jerk:.  O-rebounds on the other hand :excited:

First of all I'm not bitching about shooting, I've expressed this 462,829,347 different ways, I'm sorry you can't understand that.  Secondly shooting is absolutely not a crapshoot.  That's absolutely taking statistical analysis way too literal.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2012, 01:21:46 PM »

Attention Rusty

Oh, I think I see what you're saying now. FWIW, I don't think Will is playing well, but I don't think there is anything to worry about or see any reason to drastically change his minutes or role. Just like Angel to start the year.

Fair point here and with Tweety Carter.  But your good Tweety comparo doesn't make my Clent comparo bad, like I said we'll revisit this in April, if we remember.  I don't think Will's role should drastically change, but I think something should be done, this has been going on for a month.  I'm puzzled by the status quo given Frank's propensity to Frank. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2012, 01:24:23 PM »
Fair point here and with Tweety Carter.  But your good Tweety comparo doesn't make my Clent comparo bad, like I said we'll revisit this in April, if we remember.  I don't think Will's role should drastically change, but I think something should be done, this has been going on for a month.  I'm puzzled by the status quo given Frank's propensity to Frank. 

Do you really think Martavious taking away Spradling's minutes and shots is a good idea? (That's the only thing I've seen you suggest.)

As for Frank being Frank, he's never sat anyone for shooting poorly, as far as I can remember.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »
First of all I'm not bitching about shooting, I've expressed this 462,829,347 different ways, I'm sorry you can't understand that.  Secondly shooting is absolutely not a crapshoot.  That's absolutely taking statistical analysis way too literal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2012, 02:15:21 PM »
Keep beating that drum rusty, there's no problem here.  All "shooters" have 7 game stretches like this.  0-5, 2 points, 1 assist, 3 fouls in 22 minutes.  I agree there's nothing wrong he's getting better :ksu:

Stats class :excited:

Why are you giving him this arbitrary "shooter" tag? Who are some players you think he should be compared to?
the walk on from ku, connor teahan

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2012, 02:42:32 PM »

Do you really think Martavious taking away Spradling's minutes and shots is a good idea? (That's the only thing I've seen you suggest.)

As for Frank being Frank, he's never sat anyone for shooting poorly, as far as I can remember.

For the time being, yes I do.  I said after OSU that I thought that Will was hurting the team.  Also I'm assuming you put the shooting poorly line in to hook me,  :bait:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2012, 02:51:18 PM »

For the time being, yes I do.  I said after OSU that I thought that Will was hurting the team. 

What does Martavious do better than Will? (I realize these are for the full season, but can't find advanced conference stats to compare on statsheet):

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=martavious-irving&p1=will-spradling

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2012, 02:55:12 PM »

For the time being, yes I do.  I said after OSU that I thought that Will was hurting the team. 

What does Martavious do better than Will? (I realize these are for the full season, but can't find advanced conference stats to compare on statsheet):

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=martavious-irving&p1=will-spradling

Right now, literally everything

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2012, 02:56:29 PM »

:sdeek:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2012, 09:25:44 PM »
It's ok for Will to be Schwartzendruber.  Why do we have to keep pretending he's better than he is?

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2012, 09:36:21 PM »
shooters gotta shoot, ar-t's gotta play point, the fewer minutes irving gets the better.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2012, 09:06:50 AM »

:love: You preach it, I'll turn the pages

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2012, 06:39:06 PM »
 :facepalm: When does a slump become typical?

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2012, 06:46:43 PM »
Hey Sprads... if you aren't going to shoot, or defend, just drive into the lane and leave your feet then just chuck that rough rider into a crowd of people and hope we come up with it.  :emawkid:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread