Author Topic: A LOT of you guys owe Mustang Gene and Meadowlark Klieman apologies  (Read 20087 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: A LOT of you guys owe Mustang Gene and Meadowlark Klieman apologies
« Reply #175 on: December 08, 2023, 04:17:05 PM »

Rich old people can be incredibly petty

yes and you don't need to be competent or good at anything to become rich (common misconception)

I mean you would have to be competent at making money

Not necessarily
Carl made his money.  But, plenty out there just got normal returns on their vast inheritance

I imagine in your line of work you come across many well compensated people who are not good at their jobs. But I guess Kim's argument would be that they are competent at landing and keeping their jobs regardless of how second or competent they are at actually doing the job, which I suppose is fair.
I was thinking more the dynastic wealth that enjoy donating in exchange for power.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 08, 2023, 04:18:15 PM »

yes and you don't need to be competent or good at anything to become rich (common misconception)

Not necessarily
Carl made his money.  But, plenty out there just got normal returns on their vast inheritance

I imagine in your line of work you come across many well compensated people who are not good at their jobs. But I guess Kim's argument would be that they are competent at landing and keeping their jobs regardless of how second or competent they are at actually doing the job, which I suppose is fair.
I was thinking more the dynastic wealth that enjoy donating in exchange for power.

Makes sense, and I even think a lot of people who don't inherit wealth are often just lucky

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 08, 2023, 04:20:12 PM »

Not necessarily

Makes sense, and I even think a lot of people who don't inherit wealth are often just lucky
Completely agree. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 08, 2023, 04:40:50 PM »
No way he has that kind of power. People like Carl aren't going to stop donating because they don't personally like a guy who by any objective measure is doing a good job. They're too addicted to being able to control other stupid stuff.
No offense, but I think that’s exactly what happens all the time. Kinda the point of holding money over their heads via scheduled ongoing donations.

You're missing my point a little bit, which is that Carl cannot credibly threaten to pull his donations for something like that. Any competent administrator would realize he's not willing to lose his influence over the program when it's just a stupid personal vendetta at issue rather than a principled stance.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 08, 2023, 04:47:48 PM »
No way he has that kind of power. People like Carl aren't going to stop donating because they don't personally like a guy who by any objective measure is doing a good job. They're too addicted to being able to control other stupid stuff.
No offense, but I think that’s exactly what happens all the time. Kinda the point of holding money over their heads via scheduled ongoing donations.

You're missing my point a little bit, which is that Carl cannot credibly threaten to pull his donations for something like that. Any competent administrator would realize he's not willing to lose his influence over the program when it's just a stupid personal vendetta at issue rather than a principled stance.
Ah. I still think Linton blinks before Carl.

Online PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2023, 05:52:47 PM »

Ah. I still think Linton blinks before Carl.
Jesus, this is turning into quite the confusing pickle.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 08, 2023, 10:05:05 PM »
Now that it’s known that Carl is anti-Gene, it’s clear why Linton would do what he did.  My guess is that Linton would willingly crawl through a mile of crap to eat Carl’s entire ass and balls and drink his ejaculate, so to speak.

NO, DON'T GO THERE PETE!!!  That description made me want to throw up and then eat it like a dog.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline lakesbison

• Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • BisoNation
« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2023, 09:55:03 PM »
my posts about this are on Page 1

Yea  NDSU SOUTH has worked out for you...   pathetic.
www.BisoNation.com   7 time Natl Champs

K-State is NDSU 3.0  (cuz wyoming is 2.0)

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2023, 11:23:28 PM »
my posts about this are on Page 1

Yea  NDSU SOUTH has worked out for you...   pathetic.
This [redacted] is on tilt! LOL

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 05, 2024, 08:13:00 PM »
Is The Mustang the greatest AD in the history of our Kansas State University?

Some are saying yes.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2024, 08:15:39 PM »
Very many people have said that to me.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile