Author Topic: 9-3  (Read 19518 times)

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
Re: 9-3
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2014, 09:41:21 AM »
I wonder how many people good with this also made fun of Nebraska

9-3 in the crappy big 10 is different than 9-3 in the big 12.  Especially when you play Auburn in the non-conference.

Win the bowl game and it's a 10 win season.  Not sure how you can complain about this.

Nebraska has the same number of big wins that we do. Their losses are slightly worse, but we have shown nothing to garner any confidence that we'd beat Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan State.

While I agree with you, I absolutely think we'd beat Minnesota, probably beat Wisconsin, and the Michigan State game is a toss up

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2014, 09:41:31 AM »
The complacency displayed in this thread disgusts me.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2014, 10:13:37 AM »
Are you guys going to @ some posters? Or just rage into the wind?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2014, 10:16:02 AM »
Are you guys going to @ some posters? Or just rage into the wind?

I'm pretty sure I'm one of them and that's okay.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2014, 10:16:50 AM »
It is when you realize that we didn't beat a good team all year

Didn't lose to anyone bad either. Baylor can't say that.

If we'd of played Baylor's OOC...we'd have 2 losses.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2014, 10:20:15 AM »
happiness = reality - expectations

essential equation for any cats fan
emaw

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2014, 10:22:31 AM »

And no conference title and no playoff bid

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2014, 10:26:27 AM »
9-3 is what I predicted, so I'm not overwhelmed by the result, but it still feels a hell of a lot better than the Prince years and Snyders last few years of DoD 1

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2014, 10:30:36 AM »
9-3 is what I predicted, so I'm not overwhelmed by the result, but it still feels a hell of a lot better than the Prince years and Snyders last few years of DoD 1

If this is our standard lets go ahead and give up now because this is a slippery slope that leads to iowa state.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2014, 10:36:58 AM »

"And no conference title and no playoff bid"

Yes, but a better bowl with only 2 losses...

...3 losses drops us out of a bowl pairing higher than the Alamo. We should/could be in the Cotton.

Let's go back to a junk OOC...seems the new playoff format allows for an anything goes approach to September. Bring in The Citadel.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2014, 10:39:01 AM »
MiR, how can you imply we didn't compete for a championship when we played for a championship on the last game of the regular season.

I'm absolutely ok with seasons like this for a long ass time.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2014, 10:47:34 AM »

"And no conference title and no playoff bid"

Yes, but a better bowl with only 2 losses...

...3 losses drops us out of a bowl pairing higher than the Alamo. We should/could be in the Cotton.

Let's go back to a junk OOC...seems the new playoff format allows for an anything goes approach to September. Bring in The Citadel.

We would still be in the 3rd bowl slot bookcat.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2014, 10:48:22 AM »
If we reverse our conference home/away schedule we go 8-1 and win the big 12.  It's a fine line.  Hated losing last night, but good year.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2014, 10:49:04 AM »
I mean people are saying this is "not bad", this doesn't seem like people are jumping in the streets over this.  Meanwhile, this would be the greatest regular season in Iowa State history. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2014, 10:52:01 AM »
MiR, how can you imply we didn't compete for a championship when we played for a championship on the last game of the regular season.

I wasn't trying to imply that we didn't complete for a championship. We beat, killed actually, all of the bad teams but we are no where close to the quality needed to win any of the power 5 conferences. We are good enough to be in the conversation, not even close to good enough to finish the job.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2014, 10:54:55 AM »
9-3 against this schedule at kansas state is nothing to be upset about at all
emaw

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2014, 10:55:17 AM »
If we reverse our conference home/away schedule we go 8-1 and win the big 12.  It's a fine line.  Hated losing last night, but good year.

Not sure how you'd come to that conclusion considering we were worse with the easier schedule.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2014, 10:57:09 AM »
I mean people are saying this is "not bad", this doesn't seem like people are jumping in the streets over this.  Meanwhile, this would be the greatest regular season in Iowa State history.

yes this is exactly, often literally, what people are saying.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2014, 10:58:20 AM »
9-3 against this schedule at kansas state is nothing to be upset about at all

There are two completely different conversations happening here and I'm not sure if you guys are doing it intentionally or not. Did anyone say they are upset that we're 9-3?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2014, 11:28:18 AM »

I wasn't trying to imply that we didn't complete for a championship. We beat, killed actually, all of the bad teams but we are no where close to the quality needed to win any of the power 5 conferences. We are good enough to be in the conversation, not even close to good enough to finish the job.

Again, we played for a championship on the last game of the regular season. How much closer to the quality needed to win a power 5 conference can you be without actually winning?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2014, 11:37:24 AM »

Again, we played for a championship on the last game of the regular season. How much closer to the quality needed to win a power 5 conference can you be without actually winning?

We had no chance of winning either of those games. We were as close this year as we were in 2010.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2014, 11:38:50 AM »
OK

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2014, 12:01:47 PM »

We had no chance of winning either of those games. We were as close this year as we were in 2010.

I'm fine with most of what you have said, but this statement was absolute BS:

If this is our standard lets go ahead and give up now because this is a slippery slope that leads to iowa state.

I don't know if you were baiting wacky or whatever, but this is absolutely not true. Being satisfied with three 9+ win seasons in 4 years and having the best record in the Big 12 against conference opponents during that is not settling for apathetic standards whatsoever and to imply those that do so are the equivalent of ISU fans and keeping their loser coach is dumb.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2014, 12:11:09 PM »

I don't know if you were baiting wacky or whatever, but this is absolutely not true. Being satisfied with three 9+ win seasons in 4 years and having the best record in the Big 12 against conference opponents during that is not settling for apathetic standards whatsoever and to imply those that do so are the equivalent of ISU fans and keeping their loser coach is dumb.
:thumbs:  I'm just waiting for some MIR backpedalling.  :excited:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2014, 12:13:49 PM »

All of this, I think what made this year no so fun was yeah, the difference in our wins and our losses. When we won we destroyed teams (save OU), especially all our home games, every single home game except Auburn was basically over at half and made the season seem "ho hum" while our losses consisted of a frustratingly shoot ourselves in the foot fest against Auburn, a demolition by TCU, and a not quite there yet performance against Baylor. Was is a good year? Yes, Great? No. But getting pissed off and bemoaning that we are steps away from descending into the abyss is childish and MiR needs to take a lap or 10.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla